Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do Chinese/Koreans still hate Japan..? and Taiwanese don't? - Minitokyo

Why do Chinese/Koreans still hate Japan..? and Taiwanese don't?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 119 total items

hah.. i dont care if who hate who.. but we have same interest.. i mean hobbies and etc.. so just ingnore for that will ya.. it is true that some people hate another but i does not mean that we have to keep that thing i our heart..heheh.. like Animealchemist told us..its only older generation have these feeling.. but not the young generation.. but sometimes yongsters have been influence by olders to hate another..

Signature

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

Quote by glancehah.. i dont care if who hate who.. but we have same interest.. i mean hobbies and etc.. so just ingnore for that will ya.. it is true that some people hate another but i does not mean that we have to keep that thing i our heart..heheh.. like Animealchemist told us..its only older generation have these feeling.. but not the young generation.. but sometimes yongsters have been influence by olders to hate another..

lol, thats why I neva hate them. Becoz every night also Im singing Japanese songs lol.

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

Becaus Japanese is the most pretty conrty in the world.... hmmm i don't know =S

5oW~<3

vode

vode

Banned For Inactive

i dun hate japanese ppl its just the priminister or wateva of japan i hate, they are too much of a coward to apologize of wat they did, they change the histroy book...they tried to hide the fact that they invaded other countries and wat they have done to some ppl...(chinese or any other different nationality ppl)..they kill em, they rape em, they use em as science experiments, yea other than that i dun hate japs, some of em are pretty nice ppl, they made pretty good stuff etc..

anyway i hate racist ppl - meaning i hate that guy who thinks chinese/korean are nutcase..wat do u do? sitting in front of the computer all day and watch anime about chinese/korean villian?

--o'.'---o

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Quote by glance..its only older generation have these feeling.. but not the young generation.. but sometimes yongsters have been influence by olders to hate another..

Yes, very true! Prejudice plays a big part in a situation like this! But it really isn't their fault if parents tell them to hate a particular country and it's people. Some adults just don't realize sometimes just how easy it is to mould their child's brain.

Quote by vodeanyway i hate racist ppl - meaning i hate that guy who thinks chinese/korean are nutcase..wat do u do? sitting in front of the computer all day and watch anime about chinese/korean villian?

I agree with you Vode! haha... very insightful! :nya:

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

This whole thread is kinda racist in its premise, isn't it?

Why even bother?

Sage...

Signature Image

shinobinokuro

shinobinokuro

Boku wa DDR GA SUKI desu

well i believe that the hatred for japs lie deep in the chinese history maybegreat grandma's and grandpa's but i have never sceane any that hated japs well atleast not around here

left out....................alot heheh ^_^

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i'm korean, and i have no hate towards japan...atrocious things happened in the past, and i wish japan would apologize and admit to what they did to china and korea. i think that would go a long way in reparing relations. no country has a perfect, unblemished past...so japan should just own up to their history and move on.

Quote by glancehah.. i dont care if who hate who.. but we have same interest.. i mean hobbies and etc.. so just ingnore for that will ya.. it is true that some people hate another but i does not mean that we have to keep that thing i our heart..heheh.. like Animealchemist told us..its only older generation have these feeling.. but not the young generation.. but sometimes yongsters have been influence by olders to hate another..

i also kind of believe that, too...that it's mostly the older generation who carry a lot of anger with them, who have stark memories of that past. my grandmother lived through some of that...she was a korean living in china and was forced to go to a japanese school and support them. she harbors a lot of resentment towards them, and constantly makes some unkind comments about japan. she even warned me against trying to go to japan cuz she thought they would mistreat me since i'm korean. so, yeah...she still carries a lot of anger.

i think it's up to us...the younger generation to dispel this hatred and prejudice.

Quote by beckoyukikoreans are stubborn people... seiously...
some korean teenagers... omg they piss me off so much... if your like 1 year younger you have to show so much respect to dem... which i dont... and omg everything about fobs i hate them!!
freaking hate koreansand im a korean

man, that's pretty harsh! i'm korean, too...and have felt that way before, but still...that's pretty harsh! it's not fair to use such a broad generalization and stereotype like that to describe all koreans. every ethnicity has issues concerning their culture and beliefs.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianIt's because the Chinese and Korean are all evil nutcases!!!!! Think about there are a lot of chinese and korean villians but not that many japanese... Taiwan is cool though... lot's of stuff is made there... *chuckles* Made in Taiwan!!!

Quote by beckoyukikoreans are stubborn people... seiously...
some korean teenagers... omg they piss me off so much... if your like 1 year younger you have to show so much respect to dem... which i dont... and omg everything about fobs i hate them!!
freaking hate koreansand im a korean

... are u guys serious? making sweeping generalizations like that based on limited personal experience...? There are people who dedicate themselves to stopping stereotypical/discriminatory statements like that u know.

Quote by TheRavenIsUnSkillThis whole thread is kinda racist in its premise, isn't it?Why even bother?
Sage...

I dont think this thread is racist in premise. Anti-japanese feelings is an observable fact in Korea and China, and has been for quite some time. It does not make any judgments/assumptions/conclusions about the Japanese. The question being asked here has historical and cultural roots and taking the perspective of Koreans/Chinese. And whether or not time should be healing this rift between the different countries, why it hasn't, and what could be done.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

==;;

me ish korean ..

>< uhm .. read the news .. >.> japan ish trying to take one of korea's cities ... ==;; ahahahz .. well, that's why my parents are mad ..

me doesnt really think about it .. ^-^ everyone hates everyone .. .>< but it's better if we dont hate at all, riote?

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by shyxsakurajapan ish trying to take one of korea's cities ... ==;; ahahahz .. well, that's why my parents are mad ..

^^ u mean the island..?

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by shyxsakurajapan ish trying to take one of korea's cities ... ==;; ahahahz .. well, that's why my parents are mad ..

^^ u mean the island..?

x3 yeah yeah .. >.< me ishnt really into the news .. ==;; kant read that well in korean .. x3

yea i dont understand it neither!>.<
im chinese, and my parents are always telling me how liking japan isnt good...and my friend's chinese she hates japan as well...but i for one like japan and its culture and language style! dey r purdy cool....
nya...maybe cuz japanese ppl stole our language writing structures...well sum japanese words came frum chinese...eh.....this subject is very hard to answer....
*goes and looks upon world war 2*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Well, there's always been tension between China and Japan I know. It's really hard to blame the Chinese; the Japanese were denying what they have done wrong, and the families that had relatives beaten to death with stick or raped or killed in some other inhumane way don't deserve that.

Quote by Rizy123Not everyone's an evil who's chinese or korean are evil nutcases, onli the bastards in government and the corrupt f*cks..
And don't forget the label "Made in China" as well...

Speaking of the "Made in China" label, sorry to shatter everyone's picture-perfect view of the japanese, but some of these favourite companies everyone loves are a corrupt lot of bastards. They basically use China as a tool. A bit of a complex idea. I don't call it clever though, once you get the details.

- This Free Life Crisis -

johngimen

johngimen

E.Y.A.I.M.

i didnt know that, my friend, watever backgroud, they treat each other really good. n when we have a fight, the thing to take our anger out is CounterStrike

follow ur heart, abandon ur brain
i aint that smart, but ill keep what i gain

shiarou

i am alive again!

At first i don't really care, im not even a racist, but i have a grandmother that survived the japanese occupation here in my country. She really hates Japan, Japanese stuff (including Anime). Well i can't really hate a country just because just because of its government. But, after hearing her story , and after reading books and novels about the Japanese occupation, i suddenly felt bitter. Torture, mutilation, rape.... yup their soldiers did it like they were butchering animals, as if those people they killed weren't human. (this is the truth!). And then i know how hard it was, but i know it is still wrong. We must forgive and move forward. There are still many people living in that past, the Past tainted with the Japanese Occupation. By just forgetting important things like that , even if you say you respect the dead, you disrespect those that re still living.

but i love anime!

what is loneliness anyway?

its just something that happened in the past... even though those things happened in teh past china and korea still have some sort of thing against japan... its just natural to think so if japan just came and raped all our women...killed our fellow countrymen with swords because they thought killing us with bullets was a waste... so yea... its all in the past though but i can understand why some koreans resent japs... im korean but i dont care too much of what happened in teh past...

Quote by LordStyphonNations have long memories when it comes to things like these. And
further, recent actions can bring these decade-old resentments to the
surface very quickly. Japan isn't the only country that has this
problem; there are still plenty of people who have yet to forgive
Germany, for example. Memories of Germany's past actions have surfaced
at various times in various forms. In one instance, there were
demonstrations against German troops taking part in an EU military
parade in Paris. In another, when Croatia declared independence from
Yugoslavia, the German government recognized it as a sovereign nation
very quickly. This did little to make the Yugoslav government
positively disposed towards Germany, and they were all to willing to
point out how linked Germany and Croatia had been in World War II.
There are all sorts of little things like this that people remember for
generations. Take Northern Ireland. Or the northern and southern United
States.

Both of the two worldwars were in my backyard to say it on a way without saying where i live.
I have nothing against germans, i would rather go out a night with somebody from germany then with somebody from the UK to give an example.
Why: German people are realy friendly, while people from the UK tend to get aggressive in some situations.

HiEiLoVa

HiEiLoVa

rock lee is <3

Japan apologized (though they seemed to be pressured to do so...)

It still hurts me to think about the war because we were doing some kind of story telling project bubased on our grandparent's livs during the war...
But I'm not against Japan. It IS the past...

{...does the [heArt] remember what the [miNd] cannot?...}
{...& don't worry...you have me.}

Quote by RainOfStars
I really don't get why some Taiwanese people want independance. An united China has way more benefits, and there is no China will let it be an independant country.

Aside from the very large difference in political philosophies, China and Taiwan have been essentially separate for many years now with distinct economies, governments, cultural/educational systems.
It is not easy to just say that uniting them would be beneficial- especially beneficial for who. It is possible that there are benefits, but there are also many problems- it is a complicated issue that should be discussed with thought.

As to the Japanese question, I agree that politically it is more difficult for Taiwan to openly condemn the Japanese for their refusal to apologize for war crimes. However, I believe that there is still a great of negative feeling towards the government from all people occupied during WWII for the continued attitude.

It's definitely necessary to separate present-day Japan from the crimes that were committed (I certainly enjoy a lot of Japanese stuff beyond anime and manga), but that doesn't excuse the present-day government.
The best way to approach the topic is through the idea of crimes against humanity...regardless of when or what country committed horrible crimes, all countries including Japan should condemn these actions.

Quote by HiEiLoVaJapan apologized (though they seemed to be pressured to do so...)

It's true that Japan apologized but it was accompanied by a very insulting visit to a shrine for some war criminals...all very half-hearted

The thing with taiwan is that the Centeral goverment does not like to to be sperate... They dont liek the idea of 2 china's. As for being sperate thats ture but if you think about it alot of countires would not let a satilite state leave. I believe in the US consitution is againist the law to leave...

As for japan... well chinese/jap. relation has never been good since the mongoals took over china and tried to invade japan... I think the 2 goverment just cant see eye to eye... but i would be better if everyone just chilled out and try to help one another...

We would get to new places like never before find new discoveries and make the world a better place in general!

There are a lot of reasons I guess. I wish that Japan have a good behaviour, something about regretting the past and go on after it and not trying to rewrite the history. But I think too that some countries use Japan to minimize some other problems... like China where the history about Tian An Mein isn't really known but it's nice there to know that some japanese history books are controversed. It isn't forgetting anyone's fault but forgiving, making better relation instead of staying bitter...

Just see Germany in Europe.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

lordofgamblers

lordofgamblers

wazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuppppp!!!!!!!!

how the hell should i know maybe because of vietnam or some crap

of all the foods in the world donuts reign supreme

bugatti

bugatti

Space Cowboy

Being British I can relate to some of the hatred, I personally don't hate the Japanese but alot of the WWII patrons do because of the way they were treated as prisoners of war. I believe that there are always going to be conflict between neighbouring nations, take my own, alot of Brits hate the French, even though we have worked together to build the Canal Tunnel and the Concord we still dislike each other. Back to Japan/Korea relations, I guess it the Asian version of England v Franch and China on the sub's bench.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 119 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.