Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chivalry has died... - Minitokyo

Chivalry has died...

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I know there's a thread about chivalry and here's the link...
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/22852/

But my question is...

Is chivalry really dead? I'm a male and I think that it's not as dead as it is but on this time I really think that many guys are not as gentlemen as it used to (sorry for those who have gotten). I didn't make this to discriminate the girls but let's just say that women need some help from men, that is, if they really can't do. If they can do it then just let them, right?

But there are times when men forget their duty as men and just do what they want... and it's just not right.

Man, I think my explanation is too far from my topic but anyways, your opinions?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i dont' think that it's completely dead either... there are still some guys out there that believe in doing nice things for girls out of the goodness of their hearts... i've had guys hold doors open for me and give me their coat when i was cold.

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

For the most I guess it is dead. I really can't say for sure but not many guys do actullay practice chivalry. They pretty much do as they want. That isn't to say there aren't guys out there that practice chivarly it's just not as common as before. Or we as a scoiety have become so accustomed to this kinda behavior that it is difficult to differentiate it from other acts of kindness.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

what is chivalry?

Heaven

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

ano na naman to ken? ano ba?!!! hehehehe

no i don't think its dead, its just that there's a lot less chivalrious men out there(like me)lol!!

a lot of people care for their own asses..

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

lace up those corsets, ladies! Chivalry is coming back with a vengeance!

I am invincible!

uchiha-saori

uchiha-saori

>>aRchAngeL<<

i don't think that it's truly dead... i think that many men forget about chivalry at times but i don't think that it's completely gone... i do think that they shouldn't do everything for the women because the women would only become weak and dependent... i know this because i am a female... i won't learn anyhting if men would do my work for me... i also don't like the feeling of being helpless... that's why i help people rather than get people to help me...

chivalry is not dead, just endangered...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by fireflywishesi dont' think that it's completely dead either... there are still some guys out there that believe in doing nice things for girls out of the goodness of their hearts... i've had guys hold doors open for me and give me their coat when i was cold.

i agree...i still find some male strangers who open doors for me or let me walk past them first if we're trying to get through the same door or something. even my guy friends are very considerate to me and help me out when i need it, especially by paying for food/drinks when we go out or carrying heavy things for me. of course not every guy will be considerate that way, but it can't be helped.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by BorisGrishenkolace up those corsets, ladies! Chivalry is coming back with a vengeance!

I'm with him on that one!!! We've got one heck of an armor and guess what.... it's not a 1 ton suit!!!

Chivalry is already dead. Haven't you been listening to Mr. Sosa's lectures?
He could've dropped you if he knew weren't!!!

Quote by AkaikenBut there are times when men forget their duty as men and just do what they want... and it's just not right.

Look who's talkin'.....

Signature

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

As much as it may seem antiquated, by my own personal set of moral codes I am chivalrous,within reason. Its more a case of 'if I see a woman struggling with something Im obliged to help' than 'Im gonna do everything for them'. Il just go that extra step to be helpful and courteous without completely trashing their own skills and such.

For the most part Im helpful and such to almost everybody, despite the fact it tends to grate on my admittedly worn nerves at times.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

Chivilrous guys arn't as common these days because alot more people are more interested in sex rather than having a quality relation ship. yes i said sex. our youth today is a bunch of lecherous perverts. yet most of them deny that there sweet words are just a pathetic attempt to get in bed. i am not one of these people. i like meeting girls and talking for hours on end. going places and also making. yes oral sex but is alot more appropriate.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by MetalFireChivilrous guys arn't as common these days because alot more people are more interested in sex rather than having a quality relation ship. yes i said sex. our youth today is a bunch of lecherous perverts. yet most of them deny that there sweet words are just a pathetic attempt to get in bed. i am not one of these people. i like meeting girls and talking for hours on end. going places and also making. yes oral sex but is alot more appropriate.

I'm really am out of the topic...

This is the my point here.

Thanks for saying this.

Chivalrous guys are not seen these days!

Quote by BorisGrishenkolace up those corsets, ladies! Chivalry is coming back with a vengeance!

I'll be one of that!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I don't think it's completely dead, it's just a lot less common these days. I've come across guys who will open doors and pull out chairs. Most guys seem to think it's lame to do those kinda things, so you don't find many who will do it anymore. :\

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

headaches4ever

headaches4ever

ruled by her cat

well I think it is a pride thing... I am a girl and I dont like guys to do stuff for me... Makes me feel lazy, yeah chivelry kind of had to die with the equal rights thing, I mean you never see guys opening car doors for their guy pals... I dont... hehe

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i don't need guys to help me because they think i can't do it but to me a chivalous guy is one that respects my believes and believes i can do something and helps me when i really need it.

i don't think its dead yet. and there are tons of chivalous guys left.
so don't worry about it guys. ^^

i dont mind for guys to help me and i dont think chivalry is gone......but its verry rare to find in a guy, you ask me...

Xymor

Xymor

I did it because I could

It's the feminism fault... :x

"In my world, I rule. I'm Tsukiyomi"
Signature
"Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away to return once more." - Sun Tzu

Quote by XymorIt's the feminism fault...

yeah it kinda is but than girls wouldn't be able to get the jobs we do now and i don't think thats fair.

chivalry:
The qualities idealized by knighthood, such as bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward women

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

I don't think it's dead at all, I think it just changed to accomodate the times, if you think about very few girls like the complete chivalry act, because it makes them feel uncomfortable, so its changed to be more informal, small still apply, like paying for her, opening the door, pulling out chairs, taking her coat, yadda yadda, but also some women don't even like that, so I say it has just changed not dead but shall we say evolved.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Well, I would love to hope that it's still not dead, but I can't say that I witness a lot of it in my immediate surroundings. Oh, I'm not saying guys I know and interact with aren't gentelmanly from time to time (which I rather enjoy, I must say), but we're far from what it used to be.

Quote by Distortionbut also some women don't even like that, so I say it has just changed not dead but shall we say evolved.

I don't think women dislike being treated with in a "chevalresque" way. Some are just more introverted, or shy, or just like to be in control of the situation, but I can't name a woman who doesn't like a guy taking care of her in a way or another. It's just in our nature.^^

But I still believe guys didn't lose their chivalry... and it becomes more and more obvious as they grow up. In school, it's hard to notice, since they're still kids, in a way, though it becomes clearer towards the last two years of high school.

It's still out there, guys. *smile*

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by curiouslittlevixen

yeah it kinda is but than girls wouldn't be able to get the jobs we do now

Considering that women doing "the jobs they do now" has come at the cost of a lot of potentially good mothers, I don't think it was worth it. Instead we end up with neglected children and lots and lots of bastards.

I am invincible!

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I think it actually depends on where you were brought up and how... Like I was brought up in Alabama, by two southern parents, down thereThe women have to be respectful and the guys ar always chivilrous to the ladies wether they like them or not... I think it's up to the parents to teach their sons to be chivilrous, and to teach their daughters to not kill a guy for offering it... Some of us are very independant (like me), but I still think that women should at least accept that a man wants to help, and not think every guy is only trying to get in their pants (even though they probably are). Anyways I strayed off of topic, but I think you get what I mean.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by curiouslittlevixen

yeah it kinda is but than girls wouldn't be able to get the jobs we do now

Considering that women doing "the jobs they do now" has come at the cost of a lot of potentially good mothers, I don't think it was worth it. Instead we end up with neglected children and lots and lots of bastards.

That's a reason...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Genosider

The Last Raven

Chilvary isn't dea, it's just being underappreciated by those that it's supposed to be for.

Signature
Armored Core-The machines that would challenge god.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.