Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Smoking GREAT for health O.o - Minitokyo

Smoking GREAT for health O.o

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Cigarettes, according to China's tobacco authorities, are an excellent way to prevent ulcers. They also reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease, relieve schizophrenia, boost your brain cells, speed up your thinking, improve your reactions and increase your working efficiency.

Pay no attention to those lung cancer warnings - they're nonsense. You're more likely to get cancer from cooking smoke! Those are the words of wisdom from China's state-owned tobacco monopoly, the world's most successful cigarette-marketing agency. With annual sales of 1.8 trillion cigarettes, the Chinese are responsible for nearly 1/3 of all cigarettes smoked on the whole planet.

The official website of the tobacco monopoly claims cigarettes are a kind of miracle drug: solving your health problems, helping your lifestyle, strengthening the equality of women, and even eliminating loneliness and depression. “Smoking removes your troubles and worries,� says a 37-year-old female magazine editor, quoted approvingly on the website. “Holding a cigarette is like having a walking stick in your hand, giving you support. “Quitting smoking would bring you misery, shortening your life.� Such statements are widely believed in China.

2/3 of Chinese men are smokers, and surveys show that approx. 90% believe their habit has little effect on their health, or is good for them. Even in China's medical community, 60% of male doctors are smokers. No wonder Western tobacco companies are drooling over the Chinese market of 360 million smokers.

This week, a group of Canadian experts went to China in an effort to convince Chinese smokers of more realistic effects of smoking. They distributed anti-smoking posters, visited cancer patients, showed the graphic warnings on Canadian cigarette packs, and lectured on how the anti-smoking campaign has reduced Canada's lung-cancer rate. They face a struggle in China, a country where the tobacco industry provides 60 million jobs and 10% of national tax revenue.

“In China today, the economy comes first and everything else is secondary, including health care,� Dr. Jean Couture, a Quebec surgeon, said. “You wonder if anyone in the government is conscious of how great the smoking problem is. There's no public education program. The Chinese anti-smoking association is very weak and has almost no money. Within 20 years, China could have the majority of all smoking deaths in the world.� Couture leads anti-smoking campaigns in 4 Chinese provinces, and has been involved with China's smoking problem since 1990.

As Canadians distributed posters at a hospital, they saw a number of people smoking in the hospital. A hospital shop was openly selling cigarettes. While smoking rates have fallen sharply in Canada in the past two decades, the rate in China is still rising. The number of Chinese smokers is growing by 3 million a year, despite an estimated 1.3 million tobacco-related deaths annually.

Chinese cigarettes are cheap — as little as 30 cents a pack — and the health warnings are hidden in small print on the sides of the packages. Though cigarette advertising is technically illegal, tobacco companies are allowed to promote their corporate names. Children can easily buy cigarettes at Chinese shops, despite an official ban on sales to those under 18. Money, money, money.

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

What! that stuff is. weird. mabey there tobaco is speicial

Thats absalutely stupid!!
How dare they say that smoking is GOOD for you..
i know very well for a fact that it will kill you!
>.<
they are just looking out to sell their products....idiots!!
ugh....my uncle died from lung disease FROM cigaretts...and he never came near to a bbq or never cooked for himself or didnt drive a car for that matter....
>.<

joepolo2002

joepolo2002

Ecchi Master

Well, the Chinese govt is going to write off ten's of millions of future cancer victims or watch its health system get overwhelmed. Either way this is a prime example of bad govenance.

[ecchi-club] member.
Signature
Yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

I apologize for my black humor:
They try to do something against their increasing population... >.<
Sorry....

I really start to hate the Chinese government.

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

So I quit smoking for no good reason? Damn you capatilist pig Amelica!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

Isn't that what they used to say in America a very long time ago? They used to say that smoking made you look cool, and that it wasn't bad for you... etc etc... but that was all years and years ago, and now look at all those people...

I think I will stick with my recent decision to quit smoking... just about two weeks now, and doing quite well. *is proud of self* :)

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

TurtleEmperor

TurtleEmperor

full-time slacker

hahaahaaaa mauahaahaha wuahaahaahahaa
Roflmfao~~~~~
such thing does exist
they can believe whatever they want

Signature Image
thank May-sama for the siggy ^_^

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

Quote by TirdaelynIsn't that what they used to say in America a very long time ago? They used to say that smoking made you look cool, and that it wasn't bad for you... etc etc... but that was all years and years ago, and now look at all those people...
I think I will stick with my recent decision to quit smoking... just about two weeks now, and doing quite well. *is proud of self* :)

*salute* XD

i just smoke after i eat, its a nice feeling, and on gimmick days.
i think i'm a good smoker because i regulate and i can control the number of sticks i can have each day.
but of course, smoking is bad, its up to your decision if you want to smoke or not,

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Tobacco has no cocaine that's why it's not so dangerous. That's why people from the past who uses tobacco have more life span than those who use cigarretes today.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Meh, same thing was said in America a long time ago. And it's probably not a good idea to go against the tobacco industy, it'd be a major blow to the Chinese economy. Maybe 20-30 years from now would be a good idea.

Lakail

Jedi Master

Well, I betcha that suicide is going to be the next health craze. Get's rid of every problem you have.

Now, from the makers of smoking and alchohol comes:
SUICIDE/

Available in lots of different shapes and forms
That's right, Suicide.
Not just for losers anymore....

kamiru

kamiru

life live

:D well, i have a friend who smokes a pack of cigarretes a day sice he was twelve, until now i haven't noticed on him any brain boost abilities, instead, he stills remains the same as before but with a worst breath than ever. i think cigarretes really damage your breath. T_T

kami chan

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

Ugh, the one thing I don't miss about smoking is the smelly ashtrays. *one year strong now is really proud*

Temptation though, keeps rearing its ugly head all the time.

Elvandro

Elvandro

Orang ganteng lewat

who say someone who smoking it's have more shot live they are have more long live

reason
1. there is 2 type of smoker pasive and active
2. the active is one which one smoking
3. the pasive one is which one doesn't smoking
4. labolatory says "the passive smoker get more effect than the active one"
5. so the passive one will die more quick than the active

hehehehe ouch!!!*get bashed from the people here*

eh in not a smoker belive me ^_^

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

wow, that is ridiculous. They're either just a little behind on things or their government is bad....

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Well.. Smoking is bad.. It just is. It's nothing to be proud of, and if I were to here that excuse from someone it would be weird, it would make it seem like they're lying. Hard to explain. ^^; Like, with my friends and I. We smoke just because we enjoy it. Even though we try not to do it much, because we know it's not healthy, and we don't want it to be something to get addicted to..

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

hehe.... come on!! smoking is one of my important part in my life!! i'm happy while i'm smoking!!! don't you ever heard that "if you are not happy, why you need the long life for!!)

This thread is crayZ no offence. can you actually believe smoking is good for you?
Don't go there

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

Smoking is bad for you. Period. I've heard that smoking one cigarrete is the equivalent of taking 7 minutes of your life away...but I've known some people who just smoked their butts off and lived to be....like...80....But anyway...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Oh great another crack pot Chinese thearoy :no that's not racist I'm chinese:
What the heck that is by far the stupidest thing that I have ever heard of in my entire life. Let me tell you I have heard some pretty stupid stuff.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Living in the city of Sydney NSW Austrlia. Breathing in the smog there, Is like smoking 10 cigarettes a day.
new York USA. Is like smoking in 50 cigarettes a day.

Quote by Mizu-kunI apologize for my black humor:
They try to do something against their increasing population.

Yes, this could be seriously a reason.
Anyway the whole pro-smoking campaign is really scary and absurd. In China people are taught that smoking is good and in the Western countries they just don't want to believe that it is bad... quite ironic.

T2Kazuya

T2Kazuya

GTMYH!!

Thats just............crazy o_O

Signature
"..::D r e a m::.. ..::D i s c o v e r Y o u r I n n e r S e l f::.. ..::L i f t Y o u r S o u l::.. ..::A n d F l y....::.." ~T2K

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.