Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any rock/metal fans out there? - Minitokyo

Any rock/metal fans out there?

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 120 total items

TheFlea

TheFlea

Theres too many of them!

Ok I know I already posted what I like but I found this band about a week ago and I love them. Its not an old rock band there sorta new, and there an irish rock band. There called Dropkick Murphys.

Why save the world when you can have just as much fun destroying it?

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I got the Pink Floyd, 'Dark Side Of The Moon' album and wasn't particularly inspired. I have been told that I might prefer the 'Division Bell' album more. Any thoughts?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Roderick

Roderick

Kato

Nice recommendations (Slipknot, Disturbed, Mnemic, Stratovarius, Kamelot...) :)

My fav. are:

Iced Earth (My personal favorite)
Falconer
Sentenced
Lordi - Black
Sonata Artica
Stratovarious
Therion
Rammstein
Ommmph (German :))... errr there are to many XD

Signature

I will not let them die...

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Ahh, now I have listened to some Sonata Arctica and I thought it was really good. Would be interested in hearing some more.

Also, does anyone think Kiss would be a good idea? I love 'Crazy Nights' ^__^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Dagnarus

Dagnarus

GANTZ!!!

Sweeeeeet people who listen to Children of Bodom!
How about Cradle of Filth? havent heard stuff from them in a while though...
and u gotta love the Zep, Iron maiden and Guns 'N Roses are sweet. Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper great as well.
Anyone here like the Doors?

-Dagnarus-

In the name of God,
Impure souls of the living dead
Shall be banished into eternal damnation.
Amen~

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

I've been listening to classic rock since I was a kid [among other things]. My father was also a rocker/metalhead and he had many tapes.
The past 4-5 years ago I also started listening to metal.
Fav bands are Rainbow [the Dio period] and Blind Guardian. And in general I'm a big fan of Dio. He was here [Athens] with his band a couple of months ago with Twisted Sister, Anthrax, Katatonia and 1-2 other bands. I'm still in a post-concert trance XD

Quote by RoderickTherion
Rammstein

\m/

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

I like Megadeth. Too bad they broke up.
I have recently been listening to Queensryche. They will be in Boise, ID next week. I definetly have ticket. :D

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Yeah Im a Rocker!!! but I like groups like Metallica, Static X, Slipknot, Rob Zombie (Yeah!!) and Rammstein (Old songs)

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

ItakoLina

ItakoLina

{No Rain cant get the Rainbow}

yes yes! I like them O.O Stratovarius or Iron Maiden are so amazing

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

Oldies rock...new metal and rock it always good to though..

Jaszi5

I remember gettin Metroid and a Def leapord album in the fifth grade what a fun time.

Death will wait.
Decide what you desire in life and fight for it. Signature Image

just picked up the new Gotthard album (Lipservice)
great release
any1 into AOR should look into it

Yunsung

Yunsung

Who smokes the blunts?

i've just got brand new CD from Disturbed [10000 fists] and i must say this album ROCKS http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7960/buttrock5lk.gif
I recommend it to everybody here ,

Laserowa korekcja wady wzroku <- moja strona na temat korekcji wzroku metoda PRK/LASEK

ive listened metal over 15y..not ALL favs are metal..but still i like em much..
favs :
dio,norther,soilwork,in flames,cob,dimmu borgir,old mans child,sentenced(when jarva was in it),arch enemy,alice cooper,clawfinger,backyard babies,lullacry,finntroll,gamma ray,megadeth..and many more:-)

night falls its time to kill,this fist will give you the thrill,your blood is running like the rain,you are begging no more pain,my need to kill grows bigger and bigger,when I press the trigger...
...I reload my gun get ready to run,Fu*k your life im just having fun....:-)

-Norther-

BlackRoses

BlackRoses

Crimson Toxic

I listen a lot to Blind Guardian and Nightwish at the moment. :) Even if they're not old bands...

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

Linkin Park , Queen , Aerosmith , Bon Jovi , Gorillaz , Scorpions , Rainbows ... the same ... I like rock , all kinds of rock
:D

Signature Image

weedy98z

weedy98z

full metal geek

stone temple pilot, and pink floyd i would go with if you like Led zepplin

nekosarai

nekosarai

neko lover

I love listening to Skillet and Trapt...

I am a big metal fan. But i listen now only Rammstein [industrial] but is some kind of metal

evilsesshomaru

The Evil Inside

blind guardian!!!! The best fuckin band!!!

Listen to some good brazilian bands like
Angra
Shaman
Korzus

See that we have a lot of metal fans in the anime world XD hehe lol I´m glad to see otakus/metalheads XD

See ya!!!

Its just another day...

gilion

gilion

Servant of Chaos

Quote by Aa-chanBriefly searched for similar topics.
Now, before we begin, I mean some of the older ones such as Iron Maiden, Zepellin, Whitesnake, Megadeth and Stratovarius.
I've recently started listening to a lot of Iron Maiden stuff again and also some Blind Guardian, Stratovarius and Whitesnake. I was wondering whether there were some fans of similar bands and if they could make any recommendations for other albums and artists I should check out.

This is my field. I can tell you about heavy metal everything you want to know, especially Classic, Epic and Power Metal. (I think this is what you asked).
I can give you some masterpieces, you won't regret it!
70s Classics (You mentioned Led Zeppelin and also Whitesnake): at least you MUST have:
Led Zeppelin - IV
Deep Purple - In Rock
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Rainbow - Rising
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Rush - 2112
Scorpions - Virgin Killer
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
80s Classics:
Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But who's Buying?
Magnum - On A Storyteller's Night
Crimson Glory - Transcendence
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
90s Classics:
Judas Priest - Painkiller (at least buy this one!!!)
Savatage - Streets
W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Angra - Holy Land
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade Of Gray
Virgin Steele The House Of Atreus - Act I & II
Current decade Classics:
Nightwish - Wishmaster (this album will blow away Stratovarius!!)
Dark Moor - The Gates Of Oblivion (this album will blow away Rhapsody!!)
Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Masterplan - Masterplan

I didn't give you even 1% of what I wanted to report here, but you can call me back on MT whenever you want. I hope you are not satisfied with only these albums.

Signature

Disc of the Day:
Ayreon - The Human Equation (2004)

within temptation 4-ever :D and also Epica, Nightwish, Cradle Of Filth, Kamelot, Linkin Park, Lullacry........ :)

Signature Image

gilion

gilion

Servant of Chaos

Quote by Aa-chanI got the Pink Floyd, 'Dark Side Of The Moon' album and wasn't particularly inspired. I have been told that I might prefer the 'Division Bell' album more. Any thoughts?

If you wanted to listen to Pink Floyd and you had nothing of this band at home, you had to buy "The Wall". Who suggested you? Please forget abou "the Division Bell" (boring).
Only one Kiss album? That must be "Destroyer" before any other.
Sonata Arctica: ah, all their first 3 album are good! "Ecliptica", "Silence", "Winterheart's Guild" I can easily recommend you.
Bye!

Signature

Disc of the Day:
Ayreon - The Human Equation (2004)

Been a huge fan of Korn, Nightwish and Linkin park for a long time but right now im turning over to Rammstein, The killers, and Coheen and Cambria ;P cant really count the killers and coheen and cambria as metal though... dunno if theyre rock either... not too good with putting stuff into genres ;P but what i know is that Rammstein is trash/industrial metal and i love it XP

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 120 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.