Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 anime english name changes......do they annoy you? - Minitokyo

anime english name changes......do they annoy you?

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 84 total items

DSJFX18

DSJFX18

Destiny

Yes i hate them. well most. but some are good.

I think I have a problem with voice acting if it isn't done well. Name changes don't bother me so much since I may see a series just once or twice.

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

Yeah it irritates me if I watched it in Japanese form first. Cause I already got used to their regular names.

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

Yeah It annoys me but hearing the original names being said in the dub is just as bad as changing the name in my opinion

Signature

If I heard the names for the first time in the dub without watching the original would be okay for me, as long as I stick to the dub. Ex. "Zeke" and"Hao" really annoyed the hell out of me.

Definately hate it when they change the name of a character. The only worse thing is in my opinion when the anime gets dubbed. I really like to hear the original voices, 99% of them is much better then the voice of those who dubbed it. I'm for subtitles and original name/voice.

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

Yes very much because it's more like taking credit for themselves like as if they had rights eventhough they do to change the name I don't think it's right it's not damn american its japanese and they should keep it that way.....! Everything sounds ugly and uninteresting and makes ppl just hate those licensing company even more and I guess that's one of the reason someone would hate a company and not buy their products cuz they try to change names

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

Sometimes its annoying, sometimes they made it sounds even worst or less cool, but sometimes it sounds a bit better

Signature

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

it only annoys me if it made the anime worse

Signature

Quote by adventchildviiLocalized names just don't sound right in the context of the anime, I never like it when Anime's change the names of chars, they should leave absolutely everything the way it is.

Again the only comment making sense.

I never like it when they change the series and its characters' names. . it just totally ruins it. It doesn't sound right either . . .unless the characters already didn't have Japanese names. (ex. Cowboy Bebop)

ICK! I can (under heavy duress) understand changing it for stuff targeted to little kids, but for everyone else I simply can't understand why they would do that?! It sucks! No one likes it, so why do they do it? (another thing i hate is when they keep the names but butcher the prononciations. You think the could at least spend a little bit of time practicing the name of their chars!) anyway thats why I just watch it in japanese cuz dub'd versions are usually horrible.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 84 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.