Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MT3 Advantages! - Minitokyo

MT3 Advantages!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Well as we already noticed that MT3 came with lots of new features and new options I know it's quite difficult to adapt with them right away but it's matter of time none or less! So my question is the follow: In your opinion what are the advantages of MT3?

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

i see that MT3 has more options..ex:with your page and everithing..but is a little more complicate now..i will try to get use to it..anyway i hope that MT3 will have more things form MT2..best wishes from Di..

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

mishia

mishia

Angel in Disguise

New advantages? Well, using your own layouts, ehm, what else... well there are a lot of new features but I'm just not so sure I like all of them. (ex, the CREDITS! LEVELS ARE WAY BETTER! o_O) Urm... anyways, getting used to MT3 will definitely help but still...I'm gonna miss a lot of the old stuff.

Signature
Meh~ I'll come up with a smart signature later...XD

~Shia-chan

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

Well it is definitely more organized! I just have to know where to look for some things though...still it's not scattered all over the place anymore. The userpage thing. I still have to work my way around that...^^; now I have to edit my page...and so on...^^; Still I think the removal of the levels is a good thing. The credits...I'm not so sure about that.

Signature Image

teepoo

teepoo

<3 rikana

i think that mt3 stops the fav-whoring problem because there is a credit system and as well, there's no level system so the
judging of the top wallpapers are more fair ^^.. now we can see many new different types of wallpapers rather than those
who are trendsetters or very repetative looking things ^_~

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i see things are most organized now, i would prefer the old chat rooms, cause i think world and culture and political issues should be put under general talk instead of love friends and family category.
i have a thread called God and Hip Hop do they mix? (title), so i am quite surprised to see issues like this in a friends and family category.

Also, the credits thing appear to be new, i would still prefer the old levels, i am wondering however, what do they give? i will go around looking for new MT3 usage manuals if there is any.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Advantages:
1) watchlist and friendslist
this allows the one can have people on a watch list, that means that one gets notified of their submissions and one does not have to be friends to get notifications of the artists' submissions
this also allows for the friendslist to be a true friendslist, meaning people with whom one chats, communicates, discusses various topics here and outside mt
2) the layout
i like it more then previous
3) the organisation
as Haia already pointed out, everything is more ogranized then before, it requires getting used to but on a long run ought to prove better solution
4) new forum categories
this might help and give the grounds for new and interesting threads and discussion, we lacked those lately
5) it is faster already, I do not have stupid timeouts (and with bugs that are gonna be solved and are solved when we are actually talking about all this we can live for now)

and there are more :P but i am too sleepy to type them all XD g'night all

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

danielelric

danielelric

Indigo Angel

honestly it looks like the organization on my PC XD but this one is much betterr
i guess that i must get used to the new MT to enjoy it once more n.n

"Living with fear is fine, but to enjoy life you must act even with fear"

*In this signature you can see all my nicknames* ^-^
Signature

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Well personally I see lots of advantages in MT3;
The control panel is kinda like a window that has lots of shortcuts and it makes our browsing much easier!
The my group section allows you to have full control of all the groups you are in and that's really cool! And not to mention that now we can have our own skin :) this is a very useful feature!
I must admit that MT3 is more organized than MT2 and that's the most important advantage and also I would like to add that MT3 appearance is quite chic :)
Hopefully the bugs will be removed very shortly!
Good luck staff ;)

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

tripleG

tripleG

To simply be

Quote by teepooi think that mt3 stops the fav-whoring problem because there is a credit system and as well, there's no level system so the
judging of the top wallpapers are more fair ^^.. now we can see many new different types of wallpapers rather than those

I agree with him! ^_^ we are going to be able to see wallpapers of good quality on the highlighted section (because there were some hilighted which were not that good). ^_^

Signature

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by tripleG

Quote by teepooi think that mt3 stops the fav-whoring problem because there is a credit system and as well, there's no level system so the

I agree with him! ^_^ we are going to be able to see wallpapers of good quality on the highlighted section (because there were some hilighted which were not that good). ^_^

well first Teepoo is a girl XP and I guess she's right too ;)

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

Haha! The custom skins! YEAH BABY! XD I'm just kidding. Im just happy right now cause MT looks like my userpage

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

well this thread I like :)

I can use any positive comments about mt3 now ~.~

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

You get positive comments from me, Sheqel.

- MT v3 certainly has a larger font, so members will not have to squint just to read something.
- More categories in the forums calls for organization and variety. All of the threads before MT v3 was established were bunched up together, and so many duplicate or superlative threads were created. That is not to say that there are still not any superlative threads being created now.
- Though the credits system is expendable, members do not have to work as hard to download the scans or wallpapers they desire the most. A few simple posts will do it for a member to download a scan or a wallpaper. However, in the long run, it's a bit more costly if you're not careful.
- The custom skins throughout browsing are a wonderful, wonderful treat. Members have complete customization of the skins they would like to browse with when browsing MT.
- Notifications and all other personal peripheral are instilled in one location known as the control panel. This should give members much easier access to their settings, not to mention that they could completely customize their appearances.

Oh, and don't mind me because I'm already used to MT v3. :P

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Quote by Sheqelwell this thread I like :)

Well I'm really flattered XP thanks for the compliment Sheqel!

Signature Image
Check My Gallery

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I like that I can use my own skin for all of MT XP

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Hmmm well the control pannel i guess..and the layout...
still i worked for things like levels and favs and now they are
gone so i am sad :(

\(^o^)/

Quote by Sheqelwell this thread I like :)

For the not so active member, not having to work up to being Mr 1337z0r member makes MT a much more habitable place. It may even be that it will bring more use to the site for those who are new since they have access to things without using a crippled site. I found that because I don't have material to submit, the site is mostly useless to me. With access to scans, I may consider gracing the world with a wallpaper or two. And if I use the site for that, it may draw me into the forums. Etc, Etc, Etc. This makes the site less like an RPG that I don't feel like playing and more like a checked social network, a useful application.

There are a lot of bugs yet, and I think that the social structure of using these credits probably needs to be closely inspected, but I'm very impressed with the current iteration of MT, credits and all! It looks like MT is a beast of an application to program. Even at the number of bugs it has, I'm impressed that it's working as well as it is. I've been part of many projects that never got tested outside of a programmers ability, went to production, and proceeded to crash and burn. It's not a pretty evening for those in charge who are getting comments galore on what a mistake they've made.

So, even though I was shaky at best about the social design at first, many well deserved kudos to the staff on a lot of hard work.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

well most of the people here are correct
the layout is a bit better
not to sure about the credits myself but what ever works i guess

and yes this will take a bit of getting used to as well

aside from the bugs it is a decent set up.
just wish it hadnt change so much ^_^'

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

whoooaaa I was confused at first *still about the fl and some credit point things* but i Love this thing :O

It's like an Easter egg surprise every time you log in... so wahahahahhahaha let the evilness begin XD Ohhh this is soooo fun .....

I'm not being sarcastic either... I'm in it for real :o!

<3 Mt

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Yureika

Yureika

[.: L!ve tHe FulLe$t :.]

:x advantage huh....
let me think.....
wat i like about the new version of mt is.....is faster and the font is bigger .... :)
thats all i think..well i guess i need to explore to know more ...

The layout is very nice. I'm actually finding things a little bit easier to find. I especially find the improved response time a very welcomed surprise. I mean, with this much stuff on the site, one would be inclined to think that it would load slow and maybe even time out given past versions. However, this one doesn't. The credit system is something that I can live with (hey, it's not my system and they can set it up anyway they want). Overall though, I do like the changes.

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

i actually like the "control pannel" option thing ^_^ and im sure ill like alot more things....one i figure out what they are...teehee

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

MysteryAngel

MysteryAngel

Kurai utsukushisa

I agree I like how it loads faster and the font is bigger.

Signature Image

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Comment

Replying as Warning: Undefined property: Authentication::$name in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/quick_reply.html on line 7

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.