Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LAPTOP or DESKTOP - Minitokyo

LAPTOP or DESKTOP

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

I have both.
Like them both, no real preference.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

I bought a laptop few years ago.. its useless now.

Laptops are difficult to upgrade and more expensive too..

Now I only get desktops..

i have both desktops and laptops. i will prolly prefer desktops coz i'm more familiar with it.

Tokayla

Navi User

Desktops are better. laptops are handy but hugly overpriced

Signature

I'd fly away
to a higher plane
to say words I resist
to float away
to sigh
to breath.... forget

Tim Jensen, Heavens not enough

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

desktop!!
its better in a lot of ways!
the only thing I can think that makes laptop better is that its portbale,
but for us that aint relly goin' newhere often, desktop is of coz, the best choice~ ^.^

i would like to prefer desktop.............because it will not easy to steal :)
but the most important for me is the hardware of the laptop is far expensive than a destop.......
and is easy to be hot.......

Hello,......

i have and use both for different purposes. i leave my desktop at school and i bring my laptop around when i need to. performance and cost wise, my desktop is far superior and far cheaper than my laptop but a laptop sure is useful when u need to do work elsewhere. it's pretty handy having both.

http://www.fansub.tv
Direct download the latest unlicensed fansub releases.

I like my laptop, although I can't play games on it. I really wish there was a laptop with a geforce FX 6600 or better video card in it.

- R. K. Kishore

i go for desktop for now. but later in da years im gonna go for laptops too

Desktop and Laptop... I own the desktop and my brother owns the laptop

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

desktop cuz their video card r much better = D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

russianblackfox

Anthropomorphic Artist

When comes to a power tool, i'll choose desktop but since i always on the go, so i choose laptop. For now im happy with my laptop and for one year it serve it's purpose well. Just need to upgrade my ram that's all heh^^

>>>This message has been brought to you by E.A.FOX<<<

well, i like Desktop Computers better because i can upgrade them and mod around on them without having to stress that i might damage other parts because they are spaced too clase together. Also with a desktop Pc, i can have 2 monitors ^_^. its very very useful.

Kyo-Sohma

Kyo-Sohma

*Sulking on the roof*

I must say desktops are more powerful by far from a laptop. Desktops usually have a higher cpu available than laptops and thier intergrity is far greater. The desktop I have is overclocked by 30% to even get more power from it and it doesn't even harm it. Another thing to consider is that Desktops have a larger RAM capacity than laptops, I think some places you may be able to get a gb of RAM in it, but in some desktops (like developers and high end CG artists) thier computers have currently 16 GBs of RAM. If you want to see for yourself go to http://www.go-l.com and customize one of thier desktops and go to the RAM section.

Signature
"I'm gonna break your pretty boy face" -Kyou to Yuki

Dekstops are easily upgradable, modifiable, and repairable. Laptops are not so much so. However the major advatange to a laptop is portablility. When I purchase a laptop, I'm shooting for a tablet-PC (and configure it with linux :D) since tablets are the true laptop in my book.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

I have to agree wiht most of the people here... Desktop. I bought a laptop a few years ago and now its struggling to even run XP. If ppl do get laptops I would advise them to buy one that is as upgradeable as possible, but otherwise laptops can be great too.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I prefer desktops since I don't move computers around much. Desktops are cheaper, fully upgradeable, more powerful, user serviceable, and don't have the spotty driver support that laptops have. Laptops are smaller, quieter, and use less power. It's all a matter of priority and use that determines which is better.

Signature Image

Urashima

The ULTRA Cute

Used to have a desktop but right now all I have is a laptop, has an integrated video card but luckily I'm not a PC gamer so that's not important. Only problem I have with it is the VGA display with a max resolution of 1024x768 and on my old desktop I used 1600x1200

Overall I love having a laptop, the portability is great. And I can plug my Logitech z-5300 5.1 speaker system into it so there's no problems with sound output.

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

My laptop is quite sucky, and right after my warrenty was about to run out, Gateway closed all their stores...Eh, those bastards. So now if my laptop gets F'd up, i have to send it to them in the mail with a box they have to send to me!!! Its utter bullcrap. So my mom said i could get a better laptop because im in serious need of one...Plus now i cant even play games on it ;_;

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

I've got both. I like desktops for their storage capacity (gig's upon gig's of anime and music) and power, but laptops are great for their portability.

Each has it's strength and it all depends on what strength you need more.

And I love wireless Internet for laptops.

I personally use both a desktop and a laptop. I use my laptop to do most of my typing work, and a fair bit of programming and what not but I use my main machine to do all the grunt work and most of my gaming (although I do play games on my laptop its not as good)

Icy

i had a laptop at one time, but then it broke and i wasn't down on sinking a ton of money into getting a new one soo i just built a new desktop, same one i am using today... well kinda, with upgrades here and there ;)

i would choose a laptop a fully upgraded one.
because i got one and i noe how usefull it is like going to friends house i play lan games with them like warcraft 3. and its good for work manily because u can take ur work every where

Desktop. I would only get a laptop if it was necessary.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.