Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ergo Proxy: A new series from the producers of Samurai Champloo - Minitokyo

Ergo Proxy: A new series from the producers of Samurai Champloo

Tagged under Ergo Proxy

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I'm looking forward to two things this February. The first is Valentine's Day, and the second is the premiere episode of Ergo Proxy, a new high-tech drama from the producers of Samurai Champloo.

Ergo Proxy is set in a futuristic utopian (read: dystopian) city, Romudo, where humans and robots (called autolaves) coexist and where peace and harmony are ensured through a system of central management that essentially discards emotion from society. However, a homicide shatters the regulated peace of the society, and Lil Meyer, a young and ambitious investigator from the Citizen Information Board, is assigned to unravel the mystery behind the murder, and as she uncovers more and more information, she stumbles upon a secret that threatens to change Romudo forever.

If the previews are any indication, the design, artwork, and animation of this series are really something to see. Add the fact that the series will be aired in high definition with 5.1 surround sound, and you have a real feast for the senses.

The Pilot episode is set to air at 7:00 PM on Saturday 25 February (Japan Time), though as at least one fansub group is working on subbing the trailers, a fansub is sure to come shortly afterwards, so mark your calendars, because this looks like it's not a series you want to miss.

A streaming version of the trailer can be found on the official Ergo Proxy website: http://www.ergoproxy.com/

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Awesome... I wonder if it'll have a musical theme too? (Like how Samurai Champloo was hip- hop) I really like the character design for Lil... I think I have another series I'm gonna have to ask my cousin to get for me... ^_^'

Signature Image

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I had seen a little about this but the biggest thing was that Geneon already announced a license for it. I will end up seeing it as I am the biggest Geneon whore there is and I pretty much get what they put out. Here's hoping for the best.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Yeah, Geneon announced it a loooooooooooong time ago way back at Otakon. There wasn't much news about it after that though.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I'm lookin very foward to it. It's gonna be sooo bad ass and the main character looks a lot like Amy Lee. Beautiful show that seems rather dark and from what I heard about it from ShiNN, who has watched the raw of it, it's an amazing show and I can't wait for it to be fansubbed and released in the states. This is already a buy for me and I haven't even watched it yet. I'm glad they also changed up the artstyle as well. Champloo was good..but the artwork kinda bothered me. This, however, looks amazing.

Signature Image

... not even out and they announced the license for it... man theyre quick... o well guess i wont find it on anime suki

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

sweet thanks for the head up. Definately something I need to check out.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

just finished the first episode (HDTV size!), looks like its gonna have a very deep story line.
Char design is pretty unique, sound effects are OK. what is really amazing are the graphics,
very nicely rendered, maybe even near the quality of movies like Appleseed

Signature
"People who still use 800*600 should be shot"

Izzo

Izzo

Failed Cookout

Ooh, definately sounds interesting. Very fast licensing too o_o.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Interesting. Sounds like some of the plot was taken from Appleseed, with the whole robot human mix in a utopian society. I wonder how the creators will execute it. Champloo was kinda interesting especially with the mixture of old world and new age.

disclaimer: Taking plot elements from other animes is OK as long as they are incorporated well or are massively overblown to be intentionally ridiculous :)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

The trailers were giving me problems so I couldn't see them. But, judging by the synopsis and the artwork on the website, it looks and sounds like it'll be pretty sweet.

Signature

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

watched the first ep a few days ago. It looks absolutely stunning. So much so that I thought it was gonna be an OVA since the animation quality is so high (did anyone else get a tingle down their spine when that guy at the beginning of the ep moved so fast that he vanished for a sec ^_^).

So far the plot seems interesting, with a futuristic society where humans and robots (autolaves) live together, although the robots are always under the control of their human masters. There's something about immigrants who have to do certain things to gain citizenship and a virus is causing autolaves to free themselves of their human masters. On top of this all there's a mysterious and powerful autolave (? i think) that's escaped from a facility and is on the loose in the city! Looks to be a sweet kickass anime series and I for one will follow this with much much anticipation.

Signature

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Ergo Proxy seems like a really good anime with a great style of animation (looks somewhat dark) and a interesting plot. Don't know why but when I looked up the info about it on anidb I remembered Lain. Well I'm looking forward to it, a good serious serie with some weird twists is always welcome and I think that's what Ergo Proxy will be.

up up and away

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

The preview and character designs look so great that I might just ignore the fansubs all together and just wait a year or two for the DVDs. I'm sure the fansubs won't do it justice.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by ZeroFearThe preview and character designs look so great that I might just ignore the fansubs all together and just wait a year or two for the DVDs. I'm sure the fansubs won't do it justice.

The fansub group,Softsub , released an amazing quality video about a week ago. It's in .mkv format with built in subtitle layer. As far as I can tell the translation is pretty accurate and well timed. They chopped off a bit at the end where one of the producers (I'm guessing) talks a little about the show and the Radiohead song they're gonna use for the Opening title music.

Jelly caption team (another fansub group), have also released a fansub for ep 1 but the quality isn't as good as Softsub and is in .avi format.

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Jelly Caption Team does speedsubs, and from what I have seen and heard, their subtitle work is (to put it bluntly) bordering on atrocious, mostly because they lack command over the English language.

The reason that the Softsub release looks like it's chopped off is because they did their subs from a raw of a special, but they sliced out the beginning and ending, where they gave some background to the series.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

here in Taiwan i downloaded a AVI file in HDTV size, awesome quality, but 450 Megs o.O
anyway, HDTV format is great, also downloaded Fate Stay Night up to episode 5 in HDTV

image of how large an HDTV format is
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Kulthuzard2/ergo_001.jpg

Signature
"People who still use 800*600 should be shot"

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

Quote by kulthuzardhere in Taiwan i downloaded a AVI file in HDTV size, awesome quality, but 450 Megs o.O
anyway, HDTV format is great, also downloaded Fate Stay Night up to episode 5 in HDTV

image of how large an HDTV format is
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Kulthuzard2/ergo_001.jpg

Looks pretty good. (but 450mb! XO ) I might still have to just wait. Don't really mind. I guess I'm too patient for my own good. :D

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

I saw a commertial on it on youtube.com like a couple months ago. It does look like a sweet series. Lets look forward to this series.

What is it?

I can't wait for this show, I can't wait until it comes to the states, it looks really nice :D!

The animation in the previews look great. Looking forward to it.
I think the futuristic and dark atmosphere of it gives it a nice vibe. Plus the main character looks very nice :)

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

Oh man, first episode was soooo awesome. It reminded me a lot of Appleseed, story, setting and style. Very cool anime, 1280x720 resolution too! I mean wtf can TVs even do that?

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

Cru

I see that Yoroshiku & Anime-United have the first episode of Ergo out now. I'm waiting for it to finish, just wondering if anyone has seen this version (hope it's a little better than the last 2 groups)

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by CruI see that Yoroshiku & Anime-United have the first episode of Ergo out now. I'm waiting for it to finish, just wondering if anyone has seen this version (hope it's a little better than the last 2 groups)

what are you talking about? The Softsubs release was amazingly high quality! 1280x780! No one releases vids in that resolution! ^^

But seriously, a quick glance at Y and A-U's release shows that it's better than the Jellycaption team release. Vid is nice and clear. I've watched the 1st ep too many times so I can't be bothered to watch this release to check for translation accuracy. Sufficed to say the font is readable and sound seems fine :)

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 56 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.