Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "Chi?" What does it mean? I think I know. [spoilers!] - Minitokyo

"Chi?" What does it mean? I think I know. [spoilers!]

Tagged under Chobits

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

WARNING! THIS THREAD I AM POSTING CONTAINS SPOILERS!
I've read through all of Chobits, (about @#% time, too! T-T), and they didn't explain why "Chi" was her first word. She even occationally said it to the end of the series.
I have a therie;
The parents of Elda and Freya are Ichiro and Chitose, right?
Ichiro!
Chitose!
I think a little bit of memory stayed with her. Enough to almost remember those names, and said what is now her name because it was familiar, being part of both parents names.
Well? What do you think? Any ideas of your own?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Sweet Jesus! Either I just don't try thinking too deeply into anime at all, or I just didn't bother with Chobits. I honestly never once thought "now why was Chi her first word?" But your little theory could hold some water I would guess, but I actually have a more plausable theory now that I think about it. It's plain and simple... ready? It sounds cute. That's it, simple as that... it sounds cute. Nothing makes fanboys and fangirls alike laugh like elementary school kids more than cute words and sounds like the ever popular "nya". Get everybody all gooey eyed and sweet toothed and they will watch and buy anything you've got. If you at all said "kawaii" after she said Chi, then guess what, the ploy worked.

Nice thought though, and good to see another CLAMP fan out there.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

Uhh... please dont use religious names on forums please, shoujoboy. Please be considerate.

And clampfan101, thats a very believable theory. I believe it aand agree to it :)

i like that theory, its really good, i'm your fan lol

really good that theory, i never thought like this @_@
congrats xD

Chi... or isn't it stands for ecCHI.. XP tehehehehe... *hentai mode*

nah.. forget it, it just my mambo jumbo... :lol:

haha,maybe ur tinking too much into it? perhaps it holds no real meaning at all? juz some gibberish the creators made up? mayyybe coz chi sounds cute? haha,but of coz,ur theory might be true for all we noe ^_^

maybe CHIbi (lol we are trying to think too hard i know it lol)

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

heres something that will ruin it for you.
the word "chi" in japanese translated to english means "blood".
maybe Chi is evil! XD

Signature Image

I agree with clampfan101, Chi probably does refer to the names of Chii's parents.

If chi is japanese for blood, maybe it has something to do with her heart? Like you guys said, it may mean nothing more than "Nya_2.0" or whatever. This is just thinking it might have one. (Meaning or not, though: it IS cute!) ^_,^

cagalli-y-a

cagalli-y-a

Princess of Orb

I like your theory clampfan101 :D
I never came to think about why "Chi" was her first word :\
meh, could just be fan service.

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I think it's somehow connected to "chobits", which means "little". and didn't Chitose say that they named Elda and Freya chobits because it's derived from her name or something? So I think it could be like you said, Chi being derived from Chitose and Ichigo, and for chi-bi.

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I dont know what the hell it means. But I realy love Chobits manga and the animated series! XD I just love that anime! lol

Signature Image

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I myself don't quite go with that theory. For me its closer Shoujoboy's version that its a cute non-sensical syllable uttered by someone that can't talk. Compare with Elfen Lied's "Nyu". I don't think its supposed to mean anything either. Or even Potato's (Air) "Piko" / "Pi" - and thats the sound a dog should make?

But if you wanna go with that theory be my guest.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Mabey Chi means "huh" in Japanesse!? ^_^' I'm just taking a wild guess. lol

Signature Image

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Quote by WindAlchemistheres something that will ruin it for you.
the word "chi" in japanese translated to english means "blood".
maybe Chi is evil! XD

"Chi" also has a different translation: Intelligence, or wisdom... though, maybe this can't really be applied to Chi herself... ^_^' .

I think the original theory, that she's named after her parents, makes a lot of sense. Interesting topic, by the way!

I think the poster above is thinking about the word "Eh?", since that, in essence, is the Japanese word for "What?".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Quote by zephoriaChi... or isn't it stands for ecCHI.. XP tehehehehe... *hentai mode*

nah.. forget it, it just my mambo jumbo... :lol:

good one. :D

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

ahhh! good theory!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

:D :D :D good topic :D :D :D

God knows. Ask the author.

Yuzupt

Yuzupt

Hopeful

Great theory
You maybe are correct
I had never think on that

Darkshadow21

Darkshadow21

Rare Visitor

I always thought it was the mechanical sound of her trying to talk, but failing. It wouldn't have sounded as if a human were saying it, but more high pitched and computer-like

..I hope I made that clear enough.

Feh. This color is my personality. It makes me different from everyone else. Love and revel it.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Wow, great theory! You just might be right! I never thought about it that way!

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.