Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 have you ever fight with your parents because of anime or manga? - Minitokyo

have you ever fight with your parents because of anime or manga?

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 114 total items

Well, kind of.
My mom doesn't "approve" of Ouran High School Host club, just because of the name and one pic that I had shown her some of the host members cross-dressing.
I pointed out the finer points of the anime/manga, but my mom refuses to listen. And when I said "Try it, it doesn't have people screwing each other in it," she still just said no. ~_~ Of course, I thought "Hypocrite." :sweat: Sorry, I'm ranting now.

ellymate

loveless angel

well for now i didn't argue with them but who nows what brings the future...

Be wacky , be crazy , be silly , be random cuz life is too short to BE COOL!

Me and my dad always-- ALWAYS argue which anime show is DA BEST! Yes, I just feel so lucky my dad also loves anime!

Awhile ago, he surprised me when he bought new Pokemon series and Detective Conan! He loves Bleach, Death Note, Samurai X, and Naruto! He would always download on the internet and beg me to watch with him!

Yesssh... I love my dad. My mom isn't much of a fan, but she minds me and my dad. XD

Yes ..
they don't like the anime ..
and they don't understand :-(
so we fight some times ^^"

There were times that my mom would scream "Why are still into CARTOONS!?" and we'd go into a long idle rant about ANIME and CARTOONS being wwaaaaaayyy different from each other!

Until now, she still calls them cartoons. *tsk tsk parents...

my parents had a hard time accepting the fact i was an anime fan at the start, they used to say things like "your wasting your money" "why do you want to watch something like that" and the classic "its f*****g cartoon your too old for it" but i was able to at least convince my mother that it was a healthy passion by telling her if i sent the money on what most kid in my area did i would be taking drugs continuously, drinking to excess and smoking like a chimney...she soon decided that it was better to buy anime than to follow that path.

Now i just got to convince my old man and i will be laughing Ha Ha Ha Ha

My mum use to think it was stupid and such. But then she watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, and started to like anime. Occasionally she watches it with me. o.o

She doesn't usually fight with me about it. o.o She knows i'm already mature hehe. n.n

duwah

duwah

Yeah, sometimes. Even until now I think they think I'm immature because I watch anime. I don't mind it at all because anime is absolutely better than what they are watching which are a load of korean dramas on the TV.

[url =http://japaneselover.minitokyo.net/]#JapaneseLover# [/url]
FinalFantasyFans

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

Not really. My mom understand that I liked anime very much and she knows it.

Signature Image

not really... lol i mean there was this one time... only cause i was glued to computer XD

yes. it's just like other parents going against the harry potter books.

most of the time, my don't like me to read manga of watch anime much >___<

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

no I never really had an fight with my parents about it.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Reikuclyne

Reikuclyne

be happy!

Nope!
My parents and I do have teeny weeny lil fights somtimes but it's not because of anime... :)

Signature

Kaia-Chan

Kaia-Chan

Secret Crest

Yes, but rarely.
I do not speak about Anime and Manga with my parents. They only complain that I spent too much money for them.

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

Luckily my parents wont do that,if not i'm also sure will fight with them!definitely!coz the manga,anime and games all are my important things!nobody can throw,burn or whatever!

npe, never. But one time when little a frined of mine gave all his DB stuff, posters and things, so he asked if he was getting rid off them ceuse it distracted him from studies, and so my case could be also that

yes but a very small argument and they tell me that I should stop watching because they say it's just for kids so I say that there is some lessons that you can learned by watching anime(I also want to make my own so I also collect pictures and manga for drawing reference).

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 114 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.