Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Jackie Chan and Jet Li - Minitokyo

Jackie Chan and Jet Li

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Jackie Chan is more stunt work than REAL martial arts. Jet Li is the man!

I like them both,but if anyone here could show me a movie that jackie and jet lee are fighting i am sure that who's is better should be proof!

lol, jackie chan would put a good show at least XD
but who would win? dunno... tie?

Mmh for me Jackie Chan

hmm, I think it's hard to chose who the best.
Jet li is pure martial art master, But Chan it's more acrobat martial art.
I think both of them have their speciallity. ^^

It's a hard question because I like them both and I think they're both great fighters..

hmm. that's hard. i think too thats it's true what you say. that in a street fight, Jackie Chan would win. But on the mat Jet Li would win.^^ i like both of them! they are legends! (to me^^)

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

No No No, the key word was "epic." He stared in his last martial arts epic, whatever that means. He's still in movies, he's gonna be the mummy in the next The Mummy movie (it's set in China). And he's still in martial arts movies, he's gonna be in one with Jackie Chan, based on the Journey West/Saiyuki story.

they are both great fighters... and are martial arts masters, so whoever is saying that jackie chan is not one, well he is. and what skrinknerv4eva said is true. besides, jackie is retiring in 5 years time from now, and most of these movies that he will film wont be english ones.

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

I'm thinking Discovery Channel could do something like that like they do in Animal Duel

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

It is a hard question, i think it depends on the surroundings. If there are lots of objects then Jackie Chan would have the upper hand, while if it were in a empty dojo like setting then Jet Li would have the advantage. I personally favor Jet Li over the two of them, but that is besides the point.

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

I think Jet Li, because Jackie Chan has got older... I have seen his last two movies (Myth and the one he acts with a baby) and he hasnt done a lot of martial arts... so I think Jet Li would win

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

I could vouch on Jet Li because he's skilled in kung fu and martial arts.

Signature Image

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I was watching the special features of Fearless and I remember Jet Li said something interesting. He said it's not about beating Jackie Chan or being better than Bruce Lee, but about mastering himself.

For those saying that Jackie Chan is just an actor, note that in his earlier movies his fighting style was not about theatrics and stunt moves, rather it was all pure hand-to-hand combat. (Drunken Master etc..) It was only when his films were sponsored by Hollywood that his sense of humour and slapstick style began to be his distinguishing mark, and his skill largely downplayed :)

Hmm.. It's a hard choice, since I like both of them ( :) ), but I think Jet li would win. On what terms, I won't elaborate :D

What has this gotta do with anime and manga? any way, I think jet li and jackie chan would make great allies! it should help brighten up jet li cause jackie chan has more humour!

ionthedemon

ionthedemon

ens causa sui

jackie chan would win. jackie chan is better than jet li. how about this what if bruce lee was still alive, jet li against bruce lee. i would pay to see that.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Hmm, they both are quite skilled and intelligent. Both of them learned English very quickly and have perfect written English.

Spoken English...it's coming along, for both of them.

bakumon

bakumon

Seeker of the Abyss

Ah so...
It would be a matter of environment.
Give Jackie a playground of monkey bars, high jumps,
and or shit... he'll wear you out before the fight starts.
His endurance is power.
But, on a level playing field, Jet will flat out kill Jackie!
Yeah, he uses wires and stuff in movies (or used to;
he's retired from acting now) but it was his skill that
got him into the business! Just like the master: Bruce!

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by bakumon (or used to;
he's retired from acting now) but it was his skill that
got him into the business! Just like the master: Bruce!

True that in straight-out martial arts skill, Jet Li is the superior, but he's NOT retired from acting. He's just finished making "martial arts epics," you know, those Chinese Kung Fu movies that are just about the martial arts. He's still acting. In fact, he has a movie coming out with the guy from The Transporter, Jason Statham. The movie's War.

I loved them both, I watched all their movies when I was kid.. hehe!
Jet Li ftw!
Wong Fei Hung ftw! XD

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Tony Jaa.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by febrypI like them both,but if anyone here could show me a movie that jackie and jet lee are fighting i am sure that who's is better should be proof!

There isn't one and there never will be. Jet Li said in an interview that he want to focus more on acting than fighting, so he doesn't want to fight anymore. The main title of this thread should have been "Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa", for Tony Jaa does his own stunts too.....kinda.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by LigerZSchniderJet Li said in an interview that he want to focus more on acting than fighting, so he doesn't want to fight anymore. The main title of this thread should have been "Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa", for Tony Jaa does his own stunts too.....kinda.

Ugg. In his interview for Fearless, he said he was going to stop doing "martial arts epics." That doesn't mean he's not going to fight. The fighting he does in movies from now on would probably be comprable to the amout of martial arts he did in Lethal Weapons 4. In fact, in the trailer for his new movie War, he does do martial arts.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.