Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 All about the Mt-Maigetsu: requests, ads and features - Minitokyo

All about the Mt-Maigetsu: requests, ads and features

How would you like to get MTM notifications?

Service Announcements
25 votes
Friendslist/ thread notification
34 votes
Email me!
30 votes
Service Announcements AND thread notification
33 votes
News threads should automatically notify me!
22 votes
Other (please post your preference)
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Introducing...

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5268/vol0iq5.jpg

Hi fellow Minitokyo-ers!

Mt-Maigetsu (or MTM) will be a new addition to Minitokyo, a newsletter where you can read all the latest issues about the community. There will be an issue every month, and you can have YOUR say, as well as keep in touch with the latest news! :)

Where can I find the Mt-Maigetsu newsletter?

To find all the Mt-Maigetsu articles, simply visit the Mt-Maigetsu userpage. It's just that easy! :D

How will you manage all this?

There are Private Message headings we would like you to use: a bit like a code. If you forget them, don't worry, you can check them up on this thread. You will find them on the userpage, too ^.^

How will I be able to know when a new issue is out or published?

We need to know how you would like to be notified of every issue that will be coming out: simply vote in the poll above. Every vote is essential, so we need your input- every vote is appreciated!

Note: If you would like to receive a notification by email, you can PM (subject: EMAIL NOTIF) to Mt-Maigetsu, and write your nominated email. Note that this is NOT an automatic feature: all emails will be sent from kuroimisa@minitokyo.net manually (you'll be added to an address book), for those who would like to be notified by email- possibly in addition to the options above.*

*This is good for members who rarely visit Minitokyo. You will not be spammed: you will get a simple email with the MTM link of the latest issue.

Note: You can also ADD Mt-Maigetsu to your friendslist to be notified of the issues! That way you will be the *FIRST* to receive the issues and know about EVERYTHING :D

Who writes these Mt-Maigetsu's?

Basically, the Moderating team with help from the Elite Members will get together most of the feature articles and compilation- but we need you to tell us what to write!

So what can the members do for the newsletter?

One of the most exciting parts of this newsletter is that it's interactive- about half of the Mt-Maigetsu will be nominated by YOU. Yes! The Minitokyo members :D

- Want to make a suggestion for an article?
Do you think you've got something interesting to bring up?

You can suggest what you want us to write about: more clarification on the Policy, from the cutest member on Mt: it's your pick! PM (subject: MY VOICE) to Mt-Maigetsu with the article title, and short description- no more than 3 sentences, of why you would like to read something like that.

Note: We may ignore anything spam-like in nature!
Note: In most cases, we will write the article for you, however if you show great insight to the topic at hand, we will ask you to write it <3 And and and we will reward you with a sexy banner to display on your userpage/ sig <3
Note: We have a word restriction limit of 300 words or 3-4 standard paragraphs if you wish to submit an article- give us a holler first about your topic before you start writing, though!

- Want to feature a group?
Do you know of a group you feel deserves a second look?

There are many groups on Minitokyo that have been working very hard and consistently to provide great communal activities: if you would like us to look at a group and write an article on your group, simply PM (subject: FEATURE GROUP) to Mt-Maigetsu with the group url, and short description- no more than 3 sentences, of why you would like it featured.
You may nominate your own group, if you wish :D

Note that we might not feature the group you nominated! We will only write feature articles on the groupwe feel has been the most impressive- if there are 2 in the one month, we will feature the other group in the next issue, and place the groups in a queue.

- Want to feature a member?
Do you know of a member you feel deserves a pat on the back?

Again, there are excellent members of the community who have been helping out others and doing great things to make Minitokyo a better place: again, PM (subject: FEATURE MEMBER) to Mt-Maigetsu with the username url, and short description- no more than 3 sentences, of why you would like him/her to be featured.
NB: Try not to nominate yourself ^.^

Note that we might not feature the member you nominated! We will only write feature articles on the member we feel has been the most impressive- if there are 2 in the one month, we will feature the other member in the next issue, and place the names in a queue.

- Do you have a competition/ project on?
Do you want more people to enter?

There are LOADS of competitions going on in Minitokyo, and you might be missing out on great prizes and opportunities to join in on the fun! If you are organising something and want the world to know more, PM (subject: GROUP PROJECT) to Mt-Maigetsu with the group/ announcement url, name of competition, and short description- no more than 3 sentences, of the task, prizes/ deadline..

- Want to ADVERTISE YOUR GROUP?
Do you want more page views?

Unlike the group features, the group advertisements will not have a feature article.
The advertisements will have your group avatar amongst other groups.
A maximum of up to 3 of any category (3 games, 3 anime, 3 art, 3 regional, 3 music etc.) with a maximum TOTAL of 12 each month will be displayed.*
*Note that this rule is in place only when we have too many group ad requests- which we can't get enough of :D

The great thing about this is that you will get more page views! You know members LOVE clicking on your cute group avatars- so don't miss out on this great opportunity :nya:

To advertise your group, appoint ONE administrator of the group to request advertising via PM (subject: GROUP AD) to Mt-Maigetsu. Please do this at most, ONCE per month PER GROUP. Provide your group url, and the category it lies in.

This means if you are the administrator of 3 groups you would like to advertise, you may send us 3 PMs per month: one PM per group per month.
We have a limit of 1 PM per group- but no PM limit per member- remember you should be the administrator, though!

Any group administrator who decides to spam PMs (big no-no!) of advertising requests will be pushed to the very end of the list and only featured when the queue is short of 12.

If you change your mind and don't want it to be advertised, PM (subject: REMOVE AD) to Mt-Maigetsu to get it removed from the queue :3
Groups that become deleted will not be advertised. All groups should be checked before the monthly is posted to make sure all links work.

Note that we will prioritise new groups, and groups with less than 50 members.

If you do not see your group featured: do not worry! Your group will be placed in a queue, so it will appear in the next issue or issue after. So even if you're in the queue, you can still PM to request your group to reappear in the queue later on! :)

So, when will all this fun start?

Please PM all of your ads, features, and everything else ASAP BEFORE JUNE 30.
The first issue will hit Minitokyo at the beginning of July- so please hurry!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment!

Looking forward to having your company, reading the Mt-Maigetsu!

EDIT/ Frequently Asked Questions

I missed out on the deadline T.T I want to advertise my group/ nominate something!
Do not fear! Even after the 30th June, send in your PMs- until forever! We will never close off PM requests- ever! As long as the MTM stays lol- and this can only be possible with your PMs!

I want to write an article. How long does it have to be?
In general, keep it short and concise. A guide is roughly 300 words, or, 3-4 standard paragraphs.
We will provide full credit for your articles by linking your name to your userpage so you can get any direct feedback from members.

I got featured! What should I do to tell the world?
At the end of every issue, there will be a banner for each of the featured members, groups etc., and for the writers of each article we will include. These banners will be free to be used anywhere- in your signature, userpage, group page or even your personal site.
You don't even have to use the banners if you do not wish to: you can link to us, or simply just be proud :D

From botchii, with love
Lol, not really, since I'm the MTM <3

Other Useful Links:
The Policy --> A must read!
The Userguide --> For day to day living!
Forum guidelines --> Keeping it clean!
Common problems and their solutions --> Got you covered!

Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator. :D

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

w00t, let the fun begin! :) I'm excited to see the first issue ^^

and nice sexy banner ^____^

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

i forgot.... ^_^'

is that MTM girl...the MT mascot too?..... XD

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by kokuyui forgot....

is that MTM girl...the MT mascot too?.....

Actually it's just a scan from the gallery. The scan is used on the MTM userpage, too. ribbon angel by jasmine :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

i see...arigato! :D

it might be nice if MT mascot participates here too, She might be the spokesperson for this magazine XD

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

nice idea, having Misa-chan to send the stuff MANUALLY by email. such a torturous task... I likey the idea.

no... just kidding.

voted, would be best to have a guestbook or PM entry, this makes the whole thing much easier to read than emailed.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

:x I don't think we are going to be mass PMing or writing in peoples' guest books...

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

EDITED

DOH! Rephrase.

Guestbook posts = out of question (one by one spammage)

PM/ Email is okay- I don't mind doing them.

Pm though = useless once MTM is added as a friend (thread notif anyway)

Email = useful for those really inactive on Mt and would want to log in even just that once a month to read the issue.

Shouldn't be too much work. I'll compile an address book for Mt members who would like email notifications. It'll be just an email with a thread and some smilies telling them to log in :P

merged: 06-25-2007 ~ 02:45pm
Extra clarification: The notifications are only to tell you there's a new issue: it won't have the whole thing on the notification itself. The most it will be is a few lines telling you to click the link ;)

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by bromithia:x I don't think we are going to be mass PMing or writing in peoples' guest books...

I agree and it's not a good idea to do so. It'll gonna be hard in the side of the mods and the elites (if they are to help do that). And besides... there's already a service announcement.

merged: 06-25-2007 ~ 02:48pm
Geez... those'll gonna eat your personal life time! XD

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

JusticePro

JusticePro

Knight Of Justice

i wanna see the 1st issue!nice sexy banner?lols~any clue what it is?

War is not some game to play the hero. Stop making decisions to please yourself. If you have all this power, take responsibility for it
Signature

LoL...MTM , like Linkin Park's latest album
Anyway , cool idea. Can't wait fpr the first issue

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by kuroimisaShouldn't be too much work. I'll compile an address book for Mt members who would like email notifications. It'll be just an email with a thread and some smilies telling them to log in :P

Hmm... it still is kind of much work since you'll compile each MT member who would like to have email notifs. But it still depends on members who would like one so I guess for now... it's not much work. :)

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

yup already voted..I am curious to see how things evolve..lets try our best..LOL
is that a sexy banner o.O

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

oh cool~ yup thats for the info~ XD love the updates and all! XD it really helps alot to improve the forum~ ^-^

Signature Image

Yea ~ Love the update ^^ !
I would vote for service and thread announcement =3

kiokorenay703

kiokorenay703

Dasha Denger

AWESOM! hehe.. i love the entire idea!
its going to be fun fun fun! XD lol.

pamkips

pamkips

?????

Oh, how exciting XD
This is going to be awesome

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

This idea is starting to make more sense to me. I am liking the idea! ^_^ I think that it makes MT more like a community.

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

Damn cool to have an idea like that!
Seriously, I've no time for MT-ing cus of my college work and the online network connection. So it's really a great help if there's a newsletter.

But I just thought the newsletter looks like 'Cleo Mag' or 'Time mag' which has the front cover; pictures and text. Well, that's just my thought. ^_^'

I'll say good job and gambatte! :)

Latest Wall[s]: Gravity ReDefined

Chiaki-chan

Chiaki-chan

**Doujinshi L@v3R**

An excellent idea, I can't wait for the first issue... :) :) :)

Everything is all GOOD!

Groups I own: kyandee-anime-no-jutsudoujinshi-support-club

Groups I've joined

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I say service announcement only..I like to keep my notifications clean, organized, and simple. XD

I like this MT maigetsu idea a lot.

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Hell awesome idea!

I'd go for service and friendlist announcement threads. :)

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Errr... do you think it's a good idea to start the newsletter at the beginning of July? I think it'll kinda be a rushed one or something like that...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by AkaikenErrr... do you think it's a good idea to start the newsletter at the beginning of July? I think it'll kinda be a rushed one or something like that...

We've got the most of the first issue under control.
Rushed or not rushed, we'll need to push out a trial issue so we can work on it for the next issue. The first one will always be the hardest, but there's 2 days to go <3 Plus with like 10+ people working on it, and the members to suggest stuff, it's just really putting it together that's the hard part ;)

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 35 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.