Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Walls/Scans Approval - Minitokyo

Walls/Scans Approval

page 1 of 1 11 total items

well ive been thinking a lot about that lately....
the only thing i like in ap more than in minitokyo, is that walls/scans have to be approved before being accepted in the gallery
it takes more time to see your item in the gallery, but then you know that u posted a quality stuff that deserves to be in the gallery of that website :)
i often see reposted scans, some of them are even posted 3-4 times or more [yes i did see scans like that ^_^']
and some scans are not even scans but hq screencaps, vectors or low quality pics resized 9243785235 times in photoshop and then blurred to make them look less grainy
so is the situation with wallpapers
i cant say i get frustrated when i see ripped/reposted walls, but its not really making me happy to see them posted every 10 minutes
i even seen windows default wallpapers being posted and they even had faves XD
i often report stuffs because i love mt as my second home, and i dont want it to have that much trash
so i just propose that "wait for your scan/wallpaper to be approved by moderators" thing to be added to minitokyo :)

Signature Image
close the world, txEn eht nepo

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Yeah, I quite agree on the part of what I'd like about AP. Though I guess that's why most users who are professional wallpaper designs love to submit it there instead of MT. :(

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I don't think it's too much of a problem. There are so many of us here that help out, that almost anything that gets submitted that shouldn't be here gets reported pretty much right away, or soon enough.
Also, at AP, once you make it past normal member status and reach higher (like community waller, community scanner, or senior member) your walls/scans don't go through approval anymore. Like anything I submit shows up right away, but stuff can still be reported.

Signature

chubbykitty

chubbykitty

LEADING THE CAT ARMY

Quote: then you know that u posted a quality stuff that deserves to be in the gallery of that website

Maybe a well known waller like yourself would like that because a majority of your wallpapers would be accepted. But what about the waller who is still a beginner? They need a place to begin and learn. I like the wide range of people here at MT and I'd hate to see them leave because their work isn't accepted as good enough.

Personally, I wouldn't like the idea on MT. MT already has mods that take care of the job anyway. If a submission is violating the policy, they remove it. And whats more, like Ash-Hikari mentioned, the members assist in reporting submissions, so I don't believe it's all that necessary...

Quote by chubbykittyMaybe a well known waller like yourself would like that because a majority of your wallpapers would be accepted. But what about the waller who is still a beginner?

AP: http://www.animepaper.net/forums/Session-Zero/
MT: http://forum.minitokyo.net/25/sandbox/

You have been around for over 3 years. I can't believe you did not knew the existences of subforums for beginners. x_x

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

What I despise more than what you said, is when every beginner creates a thread at the 'Deletion Complains' section, ignoring the comment from botchii and/or personal advice from the moderator that deleted it. They always wonder why did their super-ultra-mecha-kawaii desu~ wall got removed?

I think approving every scan and wallpaper is a really tiring job for the moderators. It's easier like this, because if they skip a wallpaper worthy of deletion, it gets reported by other MT members. So with the users' help, it's easier for MT to function.

Signature

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

abul, I think the way the current system is set up is fair. Even I see duplicates that should be rightfully reported. This takes a lot of slack from the mods who send out botchii's notices et al.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

This has been brought up before. And the conclusion is that we like the current system, and would rather not change it. Why? Because I don't think any moderator wants to go through every single thing that comes in to approve them, when most of them are fine (I certainly don't), and because the current system works.

Quote: i often see reposted scans, some of them are even posted 3-4 times or more [yes i did see scans like that ^_^']

Do you think that the approval system will help cut this down? Do you think that scan mods know every single scan in the gallery to know if it's been posted or not? It's much more efficient with the report system, because some members may remember they've seen the scan before.

Quote: and some scans are not even scans but hq screencaps, vectors or low quality pics resized 9243785235 times in photoshop and then blurred to make them look less grainy
so is the situation with wallpapers

Like it's been said, if you see something like this, report it, and they'll be deleted fairly soon. We try to keep an eye on the gallery to catch these ASAP, but sometimes we miss a thing here and there, and that's where members help.

Quote: i even seen windows default wallpapers being posted and they even had faves XD

Those have been deleted as soon as we see them either through the gallery or through the reports. As for having faves already, some people fave anything, what can you do.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

In short that just creates more work then it's really worth. We honestly are not AP and we most certainly don't aspire to be them. To do what you have requested requires far too much time for reasons Maple pointed out.

Essentially we'd need a staff of about 30 to properly maintain the gallery under those conditions or at the least a mod on every second of every day. You can see why we haven't implemented anything like this. ;)

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

davidh01

davidh01

No Longer Active...

I'd like to suggest the FAQ and policy is updated on scan submissions - when we're talking about the quality of scans being lodged. I had a decent argument with Saikusa about a submission that, to my interpretation, complied with all aspects of the policy (see Deletion of "Its Playtime" from Kaleido Star gallery The scan was rejected as the individual photos of each character didn't make the implied 1 million pixel minimum for each character. Neither the policy nor the FAQ make this position clear (and still don't). What may assist is pictorial examples of "acceptable" and "unacceptable" practices (resizing, screencaps, photoboard images, etc.). This may be particularly useful for some users to whom English is a second language, and would certainly be useful in addressing any issues of interpretation of the policy/FAQ.

some scans are not even scans but hq screencaps, i think so

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.