Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 VideoGames turned movies - Which would you like to see? - Minitokyo

VideoGames turned movies - Which would you like to see?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Hey guys,

Well, I figured I'd ask this cause hey, we all wonder that ourselves. With 'Max Payne' coming out during the fall this year, I just thought I'd ask and see what everybody wishes to see their fave video game turned into a movie or their prediction? Either way, just share your thoughts on this.

Since I'm starting this thread, I'll go first, Two that would come to mind are Devil may Cry and Bioshock. Devil may cry, lets face it, this is a successful video game series just waiting to be made into a movie. Two things are going to make or break this however, one: the studio that takes it on, and two: the guy they choose to potray Dante.

As for Bioshock, after playing through it a few times, I do believe it is worthy of being made into a movie. I wanna explain all the details, but anybody that is playing it currently, I fear I'll spoil the story, but anyway I just believe strongly that a great movie can be made.

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Well, DMC would be nice to see as a movie, however, I wouldn't want to see it as a "live-action" movie. It should be CGI, the same way FF7: Advent Children and RE: Degeneration are. A game turned movie with actors usually end up in failure, and I hate seeing that so the only way to make is successful, is to simply skip that part and do it all on the computer with a team who've worked with the game. That way the appearance of the characters is still intact, as well as the personality.
The only movie I thought was fairly successful, is Tomb Raider. Angelina Jolie did that part well, but all others have been a somewhat disappointment, even though I still watch them.

At the moment I can't think of a game that I want to see as a movie, maybe Soul Calibur. I've heard rumours about it, but it's been very quiet lately.

Signature Image

FateSlayer

FateSlayer

in trance we trust

Resident Evil is my fav movie which comes from a video game
Obviously this movie didn't show us the scenes we experienced during the game
the director made a different movie but i like it

i would expect a movie of DMC just like you
but i don't agree that it would be better if it's a CG film

the FF7AC as i see it
characters' face looks just fake
and i thiink expression is the only thing CG can not perform perfectly

if the god saw a falling star
would he make a vow too

Eisritter

Eisritter

Cool As Ice

How about God of War let's see them try to make it live action(with the nudity and gore). Hmm...DMC in live action? like Kori said it's better in CGI rather than real flesh(plus the CGI Dante can do better moves than an actor playing as Dante)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

there is the anime version of devil may cry and it's fantastic I would only imagine what the movie could be, but in the truth of that one what if some group made it pitiful...I've seen what they have been doing to some comic book heroes and some look sort of sad like ultraviolet, talk about a bore fest...but I believe I would like to see hellsing when it comes, dunno when it's due out and ghost in the shell it's in the works as well

BuBbLeS!

Signature

i'd love to see wedding peach and all the hayao miyazaki films as games. also, some other animes. i'm still a nubie to anime shows and movies so if you could help me to find the clean ones i'd appreciate it lotz.
God bless

Take a look at Super Famicom, most old animes(mostly sailor moon & dbz) have been immortalized somewhat on that. Aside from those two series on Jap SNES, ive seen ranma & bastard!

Anyway, back onto topic, if im not mistaken, there was some say about Fatal Frame being turned into a movie, but I haven't heard anything about it recently. Still Fatal Frame as a movie, now that I would definitely kill to see.

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

Dude, I'd love to see the Metal Gear Solid series turned into a live-action movie. That would kick serious ass.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Yeah, at Anime Expo 2008, I was at the Guest of Honor Meet and Greet, and when I was at David Hayter's table, I asked him who he would think would be suited for the role of Snake if it were live action. His answer? Either Viggo Mortensen or Hugh Jackman. Think about it.

Sulibres

Sulibres

Avert your eyes from the truth.

Condemned.

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

F.E.A.R.

GreenArcherAlchemist

GreenArcherAlchemist

.Reached my LAST RESORT.

The Curse Of Monkey Island, even if Pirates of the Caribbean already copied some ideas from it (or it's just my immagination?)

No matter where we go, it's just battles, battles, battles... I get it already, that humans are stupid.

OriginalQueenofAnime

OriginalQueenofAnime

Yaoi Goddess

Katamari Damacy! :pacman:
(Wouldn't that be a freaky movie?)

Signature Image
Owner of - | Sasuke-and-Naruto | Its-A-Wonderful-World || Admin of - Cute-Wallies || Mod of - FinalFantasyFans
Member of - FW | N | UPSD ] | YH | KHO | CL | BC | FMO | V | KK | MT-GS | VOTE

RewYnd

RewYnd

Still Waiting...

Legend of Zelda is by far the game turned into movie that I would wanna see. The story is epic (if done correctly) and IGN has already proved that creating a Teaser is actual in making this movie possible.

Signature
We may be miles apart, but our hearts are still one
I'll be waiting for you, to continue what we have begun

Te2

Te2

Fatal Frame, of course, but the characters must be Japanese. I love to see Miku

Quote by Te2Fatal Frame, of course, but the characters must be Japanese. I love to see Miku

I've actually heard some talk long ago about a Fatal Frame movie being made. I forget where I read up on it though, so maybe in the near future its a definite possibility. And yes, they must be true to the game to make it awesome.

As a matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure if this is the same site, but here's a site I just looked up about the Fatal Frame movie. - http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_2119.html

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I wonder how Evangelion might be... besides a trippy movie. o_0

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

i would like metal gear solid also.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

i actually wanna see KH1 and 2 in movie
even though we no wat happens it might look pretty awesome

That could be a possibility, though if they're going to do that, they'd probably do a prelude to their next game or a little side story taking place during one or both games, but yeah that would be cool(and I'd never head the end of it from my lil sis too :sweat:).
Also earlier in the posts I said it would be cool if Bioshock was made into a movie, and I even found something pretty neat too, i've even used it as wallpaper. There's the link:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff3/DarkSchneider7819/bioshock_littlesisters_1200.jpg

hitocomaru

hitocomaru

I now have hope... Well some.

For some strange reason I think that a prince of persa movie would be good.

It'd be awesome to see something like Zelda be turned into a movie but my favorite choice would have to be Dead Space =P

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

GTA SA, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, Oblivion... Thats the three i would love to watch as a movie!

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Ok, I'll admit it: I liked the Mortal Kombat movie. (But ONLY the first one.) It was a fairly fun movie that didn't take itself too seriously, and gave me more or less what I wanted out of it. And the fight scenes were pretty damn awesome for the most part.

...well, ok, so Advent Children wasn't the worst thing ever either. Not great, but entertaining enough, I guess.

That said, I'm not all that keen on movies based on videogames purely because they rarely ever work out. I think part of the reason I liked Mortal Kombat was because I knew it wouldn't be any masterpiece -- as did the movie's creators, I suspect -- so I could go into it enjoying what it offered. But there's a limit to how much I'd be willing to shut down my brain for some mindless entertainment.

As a footnote, I'm going to ignore the existance of Uwe Boll's movies, because let's face it, the fact that he's a talentless hack doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he's ONLY doing videogame-to-movie projects. Not that I've seen any of his movies yet, of course, but when the entire world (save for those one or two people starring in said movies) are singing praises to his god-awfulness of his films, then I'm going to take their word for it. (I'm still going to make it one of my life's missions, however; to watch at least one Uwe Boll movie before I die. ^_^' )

Another footnote: As much as I'm against videogames turned movies, I'm even more vehemently against movies turned videogames. Hell, let's make that anything TV-related turned videogames. I dare anyone to mention even just ONE title that's merely above average.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 94 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.