Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Philosophical thoughts and quotes - Minitokyo

Philosophical thoughts and quotes

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

Quote by superkabogLife should be spelled F-U-N
-Superkabog

^ ok! for the sake of your Thread

Life should be sppelled F-U-N Why?
becoz life is short and unpredictable...So have fun every day!

Signature
	Image ’̿’\̵͇̿̿\з==(•̪●)==ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿

I'm gonna get real classical up in here, so...The unexamined life is not worth living.

the only truth is the truth itself

looker

looker

living of experiences

Quote by mzetI'm gonna get real classical up in here, so...The unexamined life is not worth living.

lol sokrates was the one who said that... it is kind of true

about this philosophy thing... i don't like when it comes to learn it in school... i almost fall asleep in classes but i like philosophy itself

"life is made of experience"

Power is useless when you love no one, because you haven't got anyone to protect

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

Quote by adhererthe only truth is the truth itself

everybody wants nothing but the truth...the truth itself! Keep it real! LoL

Signature

looker

looker

living of experiences

maybe what's true for me isn't true for you... what i want to say is, if you know something that i don't know, what we are refearing to maybe true for me and not for you (whatever it may be, did you get it?)

Power is useless when you love no one, because you haven't got anyone to protect

to BEEEEEEEE or NOTTTTTTTTTT TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Apnay dushman ko hazar mouqa do k woh tumara dost ban jaye. LEKIN apna dost ko 1 bhi moqa na do k woh tumara dushman ban jaiy.
means that u give ur enemy a thousand chances to become ur friend but never give ur friend a single chance to become ur enemy.
said by Hazrat Ali(R.A).

--Where does vanished objects go?
--Into non-being, which is to say, everything.
from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows quoted by Minerva McGonagall

looker

looker

living of experiences

Quote by kuchukuTulipApnay dushman ko hazar mouqa do k woh tumara dost ban jaye. LEKIN apna dost ko 1 bhi moqa na do k woh tumara dushman ban jaiy.
means that u give ur enemy a thousand chances to become ur friend but never give ur friend a single chance to become ur enemy.
said by Hazrat Ali(R.A).

that one is preety good, really

Quote: --Where does vanished objects go?

well that's fantasy... the world of harry potter is nothing more than fantasy becouse things just don't fade away

DarkAlleyCat

DarkAlleyCat

Mew! =3 ~DAC~

"You cannot teach a man anything; you can only find him for himself."
~Galileo Galilei

A personal life quote that pretty much sustains self will and individuality. No one will hold your hand through everything when your in need, and same thing applies to a person you're guiding. However, when someone does guide you, it's you that must accept the consequence of your own actions, and taking the initiative to define who you are. What we want to know, we search for it. What wish to become, we work for it. What we aspire to, we inspire others.

"For me....the world consists of the people I love. If those people are not here, it's as if the world does not exist"

-Unknown

It's simple, a person consumed by lonesome is pretty much a lost puppy trying to find a place called home. As human we need that consoling feeling to be understood, loved, aspire to or be inspired. A reason to live and to live with reason. Everyone needs a meaning(or purpose), and to that a world comes to place to what we see is reality, a world we know. Now remove the people from that world, that defines it. We're only left with no entities of we presume as reality. With no other way to be dependent on what we know, that world is gone.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"
-William Shakespeare

The dependency on how our moral standing, and our own definition of what's good or bad. Each person is different and we all have our own opinions of pros and cons of specific topics. Some may people may sway others to believe their way of thinking, but through and through it's up to us to see what's black or white, possibly uncertain to a shade of grey. What''s true is only accepted in the eyes of the beholder.

"I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy."
-Richard Bach

As much as we like to impress people,in this case as a writer, it's that self satisfaction of accomplishment that you can be content with. Your biggest critic is yourself, and if you cannot accept what you think is justified, worthwhile or meaningful then your just going to dig yourself a bigger hole of misery and regret. Humility, contentment and satisfaction, three things that can help reflect your own thoughts and understand them, instead of contradicting them.

"Nothing is perfect because life isn't perfect, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful."
-Roy Mustang, Full Metal Alchemist

Rather we realize it or not, imperfection is something we're blessed for. Without it there's nothing to improve, nothing to fix and nothing to strive for. A constant ideal that has lead thinkers to the simple thought, "that could be better!" and "how can we fix that?". Everything we know has some kind of flaw and another person to discover it, to lead an infinite line of questions for another generation to answer. That persistence for perfection is what guides the curious for knowledge. That's a little to the "out of the box thought."

Another way on thinking it is on reality. Think of it like your fantasy dream guy or girl, something in your very image to be "perfect". Yet, when a person matures, dates more often and eventually falls in love, it's those imperfections that could complete who we are. Kinda like, a perfect fit to a puzzle. What one person finds as a weakness, the other partner can adopt that to make a person better.

They all probably don't mean the exact meaning of what I just said, and they're probably completely wrong to begin with, but that's what those quotes mean to me. =P

~I don't believe in angels but I believe in people. That's enough reason for me to believe heaven exists. ~Signature Image

superkabog

superkabog

VIP,Queen ~ Goddess

Quote by lookermaybe what's true for me isn't true for you... what i want to say is, if you know something that i don't know, what we are refearing to maybe true for me and not for you (whatever it may be, did you get it?)

No! I don't get it :P

Signature

kuchukuTulip

kuchukuTulip

proud to be a muslim!

Quote by looker

Quote by kuchukuTulipApnay dushman ko hazar mouqa do k woh tumara dost ban jaye. LEKIN apna dost ko 1 bhi moqa na do k woh tumara dushman ban jaiy.
said by Hazrat Ali(R.A).

that one is preety good, really

Quote: --Where does vanished objects go?

well that's fantasy... the world of harry potter is nothing more than fantasy becouse things just don't fade away

thnx.

Khoobsorati kaproun se nahe ilm o adab se hoti hay
means that real beauty is that of knowledge/education and not by clothes/wardrobe.

DarkAlleyCat

DarkAlleyCat

Mew! =3 ~DAC~

Quote by superkabog

Quote by lookermaybe what's true for me isn't true for you... what i want to say is, if you know something that i don't know, what we are refearing to maybe true for me and not for you (whatever it may be, did you get it?)

No! I don't get it :P

I think what this person means is, What's true for someone else, may not be true for the beholder(yourself). Truth isn't necessarily whats right or wrong, but personally the acceptance on what you believe is fact or fictional. The willingness to accept certain information, the topic of religion for example.

~I don't believe in angels but I believe in people. That's enough reason for me to believe heaven exists. ~Signature Image

Touma

My Anime World

i'm the same as cat

merged: 12-12-2010 ~ 06:09am
i'm the same as cat

pride is tasteless, colorless and sizeless; yet it is the hardest thing to swallow
it doesn't matter if the cat is black or white, it only matters if it catches mice
hard work brings out the true nature of people; some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all!

Corvyie

Corvyie

Uh-huh.

Society is like a box of animal crackers.

My own belief/personal quote that I can sum up to mean, essentially: It's all the same, really. The ones at the top will get eaten first. The ones at the bottom are broken. The ones in the middle have it nice but not always great, being smashed in between the two. And, in the beginning, we're all new and fresh. At the end, everyone's eaten or stale.

(I have strange quotes...)

Actions speak louder than words and words speak louder than thoughts.

[url=http://bleach-central.minitokyo.net]

said by Hazrat Ali(R.A).

It's sad that this is true. But on the other hand, it is understandable. When dealing with an enemy, we don't expect them to act in ways we want them to act, and we are in a state of mind that lets us forgive them because we know they will behave in ways we don't like. And because of this low expectation, when they DO actually do something we like, we are elated. On the other hand, when dealing with our friends, we expect loyalty, we expect them to help out when we're going through a tough time, we expect someone we can always talk to and trust. At the same time, we also care about them in a different way than we care about our enemies. So when our friends betray us, it hurts us much more because of that. It's hard to be angry at someone when you don't care about them.

Hmm, here's a quote I really like: Sanity is only madness preferred by the majority.

@merynoko,
Great thread idea btw. It's nice to have a place that makes you really think.

Signature

never blame others for your mistake

merged: 12-22-2010 ~ 08:33am
live your life contentedly

merged: 12-22-2010 ~ 08:35am
avoid procrastination

dont force yourself to pick cotton for many hours, youll hurt your back >_>

Quote by fearlubudont force yourself to pick cotton for many hours, youll hurt your back >_>

Not quite sure I get this. Telling people not to work too hard perhaps?

Signature

It seems I got some nice thoughts here...
And smart people too ^^
A cotton-spammer...
Hm...
We need a new thought:
If it looks wrong to you,it doesn't means it's wrong to someone else.
Hmm...Maybe not so good,it's homemade,lol

"The nail that sticks up gets hammered down

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Here's a few that, when I heard/read them, made me say, 'huh....'

"I never really hated the one true god, but the god of the people I hated." - Marilyn Manson

"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and lived to tell about it." - Sideshow Bob

"God Bless America. Is that a request? Is that a demand? ....Why would God care about America anymore than Mongolia? Because we have the most money?" (paraphrased) - Geore Carlin

I'll discuss a bit later.... =3

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

?" If You Have a Dream, You Go Get It ".

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.