Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Downloads for non-members - Minitokyo

Downloads for non-members

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 97 total items

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

@xAl-san: Ah, yeah i did sight the mods in there, having fun with everybody else. :3 Well, that's good..? Fun is good and all, but threads do need to keep to topic more or less, I guess.. And yep, stuff like advertising and the occasional spam/hate thread is meant to be closed/deleted anyway. And those are usually blindingly obvious and will get reported anyway. XDD
Read your thread XD, it was begging for an rpg to happen. :3 Ah and my name is long, just call me aozora will do. :)

And I'm sooo off topic now. Er...
Privileges for members should be distinguished from non-members, yes. Leveling up via achievements is likely to lead to possibly healthier activity in MT, yes.

Summary time?
Now, the main topic is that free downloads have been enabled for non-members too, and the only limitation is that they get 5, we get all, and we get to press the button and not share with them. Right, other related topics in discussion is

1. Why limit it to five? It's cruel // If we're trying to not have people in just to download, why limit?
2. The non-members should be lower resolution and/or with MT trademark.
3. The free downloads should not cover elite and highlighted works.
4. How do we motivate people to join at all then? Can the Achievements system work for new members? Sorry that's more my topic than related to this.

So.. what say you, any potentially confused people out there attempting to read the whole thread? ^^;

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Sheq has already vetoed #3, FYI.
(Just cuz I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not following the discussion)

Signature Image

raku-amatsu

raku-amatsu

Shugo Tenshi

I think it's a really fair judgement and allow the uploader to have the decision on how his wallpaper etc is shared

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Lol , a summary huh.

Well , I guess it'll make things easier to round up.
Generally , I'd favour choices 2 and 3. Well , it'll be a bit cruel to not allow non-members NOT to download elite works , we'd just set it to super-low resolution and plaster it with a MT trademark! XD ( A very big one plastered across the centre , you know , like those SAMPLE words plastered over some Dojin sample images )

Still , this thread is still generally focused on bringing activity onto this site , so how 'bout we open another thread about bringing actual activity up and about? I don't wanna go too off-topic 'round here , the admins will lock this thread up :P

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Quote by fireflywishesSheq has already vetoed #3, FYI.
(Just cuz I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not following the discussion)

That's good news! :) And lol, yay for following the discussion. :)

@z827: I say go for it! Only.. I'm not sure if the mods would appreciate a thread opened without actually starting with valid suggestions on how to do that. ^^; But yeah, that would be awesome if possible. Don't want this thread closed! There might be more opinions out there...

Haha, yeah, couldn't resist the urge to summarise. Didn't mean for them to become 'choices' though, oops. Super-low resolutions might not do the trick of limiting potential leechers from joining though lol.

Other than that.. I think I've said pretty much all that I wanted to said here, so I won't post anymore unless someone brings something else related, up. ^^ Er, so if there's something you want to address to me, about discussing about the activity/achievement system thing/etc... my guestbook and PM inbox is open. Been nice discussing in these threads, civilly. :) Okies, bye.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

if really like this i think they should register an account in MT much better than just download 5 wallpapers only~~^^

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I have a suggestion. Perhaps a look-but-no-download system for recently uploaded scans/indy/wallpapers and viewable but non-downloadable featured works, in conjunction with the non-member download limits, would encourage non-members to join. A appropriate time limit would need to be established for recent uploads, something long enough to encourage non-members to join but not scare away non-member lurkers, perhaps a week or two maybe. Tease and entice them into joining :)

Seeing what I was missing [and wanted] would encourage me to join (actually it might have been the reason I originally join MT).

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Woah , that system sounds really familiar :o
Though it'll certainly be efficient in raising our numbers for our suppressive domina- I mean , for the site.
As for whether they'd post or not and stick to the site.... will depend on fate XD

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Yep the idea is most certainly not original, in fact it is a slight variation on a tried and proven recruiting method with lots of manga, anime and anime music [paid or otherwise] sites.

As for improving forum activity (which I don't really think is part of this thread) with new members, members recruiting this way have the same probablity of posting as normally registered members.

I'm sure whatever the admins will do is in the best interests the MT empir- *cough* community.

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Hmm, something like disabling the right click function for non-members on MT so that they can't save the image?
Unless they use some techy tricks, which I won't tell :x
That ..might work, that system. Sort of like look, but no keepers. Other than the right click thing, do you know any other way of disabling downloads? Just curious.
But only for recent submissions and featured works, you mean? Not for everything?

lol, z827's will for MT domination is unyielding.

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

I won't stop until MT turns into the hub for image dominance and the brain washer of men by filling their eyes with pictures of Anime girls in bikinis and girls swooning over a pair of Yaois!
*slams on the table*

Okay , back on topic...

Disabling some of the internet thingy can stop users from downloading images without permission. I've experienced some sites which were like this before truth be told.
Still , it'll be good if it's limited to recent entries. Though we need to decide the time span , preferably a week? I mean , if a picture is good enough , it'll force anyone to join XD

rizacaga

rizacaga

rizacaga

"Minitokyo is an art community dedicated to Japanese culture, focusing mainly on anime wallpapers, and high quality scans from anime magazines and artbooks. You will need an account to download wallpapers and scans so sign up now! "

i just notice it...u haven't change this note :)

Thu53

Thu53

Just stick with it

Fun fun~
They should like this

????

Since non-members cannot thank you here, I'll do it instead of them. :P
BTW I hope it won't hurt the servers too much.

Thu53

Thu53

Just stick with it

Nah I doubt it

????

riyusen

riyusen

Riyusen..

i think its unfair if the non memebers would have much previlage... there has to be a limit...

"what you see is not what you always get., ..Signature Image

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Quote by riyuseni think its unfair if the non memebers would have much previlage... there has to be a limit...

In the future, if I were you, I'd read the first post in this thread for complete information, because it seems you missed some points. As the first post says, downloads for non-members are limited to 5.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

keyblade32

keyblade32

Black ? Rock Azu-nyan

That will be unfair to us members if they can download the same wallpapers like us...

I suggest that there must be a limit to those non-members or totally ban them from downloading wallpapers...

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Quote by keyblade32That will be unfair to us members if they can download the same wallpapers like us...

I suggest that there must be a limit to those non-members or totally ban them from downloading wallpapers...

Read the previous posts before you reply. You'll see that there is a limit for non-members (5), and each member has the choice to restrict non-members from downloading their work.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

OMG GUYS,
READ THE FIRST POST, THIS IS ALMOST FUNNY.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

keyblade32

keyblade32

Black ? Rock Azu-nyan

Fran, What do you mean with that first Post? It isn't funny anyway...

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

keyblade, she means to READ the first post in this thread. It clearly states that non-members DO have a download limit of 5 images per day.

And it's "almost funny" because so many members seem to be commenting on this thread without reading the first post.

Signature Image

that is a good thing .. it gives everyone a chance to find a picture they like without worrying about questions lurking in the back of there heads to be able to download ...good thinking

For websites like these, I usually join to be able to favourite (and sometimes comment) because I sometimes like going through my favourites (or other's even), I think some others might join for this reason as well among other reasons so member addition might not reduce so much.
Note: If membership is free, why does it matter whether downloading is allowed for non-members or not? I don't think it really offers protection...

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 97 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.