Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 your fav game so far - Minitokyo

your fav game so far

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 115 total items

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Usually within the gaming communities, or at least Stateside, retro gaming has a very loose meaning. For example, anything produced in the PS1/N64/Sega Saturn generation would be regarded as "retro" gaming. In fact, there are even some who would label the gaming generation after that (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) as being retro as well. Given the rapid advancement of both consoles and games as well, it seems that the traditional aspect of retro is rather loosely used when it comes to video games. Of course, you've got the "retro-revival" as well, where you see a resurgence of either re-releases of classic titles or classic titles rebranded/retooled/reformed.

Speaking of retro games, I've fallen back in love with MAME emulation, and a game by the name of Red Earth (War-Zard in Japan) in general. While the game itself is close to twenty years old, it is an absolute stunning piece of technology released by Capcom in 1996. Being the first game on Capcom's latest proprietary hardware (CP System III) it boasted absolutely gorgeous visuals and a unique spin on the fighting genre. You could fight against another individual, but the game played more like a giant boss battle. What's more, you can level up as you progress and gain new moves as well. Even further, there was a greater focus on storytelling! Sadly, the game was never released outside of the arcade circle and was extremely uncommon outside of Japan, even though it did get released in the west. You can check out the intro and some sample gameplay here!

Another game, or rather series of games, I've gotten (back) into is Darkstalkers/Vampire. I absolutely love this series! I was first exposed to it around my early teens on an arcade machine while I was staying at a hotel, the first Darkstalkers game, and I've been an absolute fan since. There's just something about the combination of fantasy/mythical characters in a Street Fighter-esque fighting game that I absolutely loved. What's more, everything was so colorful and done so well. Furthermore, the great soundtrack made it even more of a blast to play. I recently got the chance to pick up the Darkstalkers Collection released only in Japan and I'm looking forward to checking out all the arcade-perfect ports of the game!

Signature Image

Is true cy ninja there is a lot of divergence concerning the definition of retrogaming......

i love mame too it's one of the best emulators out there since it offers the possibility to play a lot of arcade exclusive games ....many of them are a real "hidden"gems .....i didn't try the one you cited 'gotta check it thank you so very much for the discovery :) ..i personally enjoyed playing games like battletoads , metamorphic force,gunforce 2 .....and also the arcade version of sunset riders wich was pretty fun (more uncensored) ....i 've noticed that most of the arcade version of certain games were better than the console ones..... at least in terms of gameplay fluidity ...

yeah! the darkstalkers were a cool series of fighting games i like the character design .... i really appreciate games with mytholgical references :)...... i think there is an anime about them right?

Battle Toads (Arcade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhyo3fN6CxA

Metamorphic Force (Arcade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BdfgaBQPc

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

OwO
Wished to have PSP and play Parasite Eve3 or The 3rd Birthday TwT
Aya is my favvvvvvvvv...
But about castleVania guess your right xD

IT'S GAME TIME! >:P

Honestly i heard about that game before but i was too obssessed about RE series but now and after reading the review of Cy Ninja and your personal comments about the character Aya i told to myself why not and i need to play more games...i told to my brother to bring me all the parasite eve games but he didn't found yet and the other titles as well like Death Island ,Alice Madness Returns,Far Cry 3,BioShock.....Darn this country : S

In my opinion and i think a lot of people would say that the castlevania series are one of the best games if you aren't sure you can check my personal page i add a lot of games videos from youtube you can build you own opinion ..honestly is not an obligation lol ^^ everyone's taste :3

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

I'm not knowing alot about PE But read about it on wiki
But yes we have to try new things and special games :3
Wish you'll find all that games my dear
Plus its hard to find good games these days TwT
And lots of them are illegal here :C
But don say bad words to your country T.Ta

Hmm...then CastleVania should be good But I think the old ones not new ones!

Of course i'll go and check my vampy sis's lovely page lol

now my favorite games on PS2:
Batman Begins,Blade II,Bloody Roar 3+4,Bully,Bloody Roar 3,Burnout + 2: Point of Impact + 3: Takedown,Castlevania: Curse of Darkness,Castlevania: Lament of Innocence,Clock Tower 3,Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore,Devil May Cry,Dragon Ball Z: Budokai,Ghost Rider,God of War 1 + 2 ,Gran Turismo ,
Hitman,The King of Fighters,Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty,Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater,Metal Slug ,Midnight Club: Street Racing,Need for Speed,Odin Sphere,Onimusha 3: Demon Siege,Resident Evil Code: Veronica X,Resident Evil 4,Rocky,Rumble Roses,Shadow of Rome,Shadow of the Colossus,Silent Hill 3Soul Calibur 2+ 3,Soul Reaver 2,Legacy of Kain: Defiance,Spawn: Armageddon,Speed Racer,Van Helsing......i forget some titles

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

*confusing* @.oa
WOW I NEVER PLAYED ANY OF THEEEEEEEEEMMMMM... TwT

you don't remember sissy you ask me if Raiden is gay or not because your spy bro was reffering to MGS3 so you did play that game or only your brother?

and you played MGS 2 i think ? no? and metal slug you never tried this one?

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

Is He gay? TwT
But no non of us played MG3
We played MG4 and He bought MG5 now :)
Didn't play MG2 too xD
I said i saw it But cause it was old didn't buy it :)
And yup never tried Metal Slug TwT
Was it AWESOME owo

the chracter look like Raiden but it's not him i already explain that via pm
if you love Raiden and want to know all his story you should play MGS 2 sis ^^ metal slug my goodness i love it so fun^^

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

:')
He's not gay?
*hugs Raiden*
I like to know the story But SORRY sis my brain involved with lots of things and i connot think too!
I need time to think and relaxing
*sigh* too bad i didn't play the last ones TwT
Btw i have good news only for you
NOT FOR MYSELF :o

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Kingdom hearts Series Are The Best...
Sometimes The Sims...But I'm Always Playing Kingdom Hearts
I like Tenchu Too And Resident Evil Is Cool Too
Sometimes Fall Out 3

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

God of War 2 http://i.imgur.com/UuVFTlL.gif

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

I Also Love To Play Hieleen 2 (By WinterwolvesGames) And Bionic Heart Is So Cool

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

YHE

YHE

What The Freak !!!

Prototype 2 :D so awesome (Love the first too), I also like World of Warcraft, I've been playing it since childhood.
And also Grand Theft Auto 3, vice city, san andreas, 4, 5

Y ou
H ave
E mailSignature

ghazalkashani

ghazalkashani

known me as SHANNON-gh.k

hmmm...for now enjoying FUSE, ARMY OF TWO, Dead Island-riptide and Bayonetta

God Hand... I like it when dat dude spanks dem galz http://i.imgur.com/iJX4ZZV.gif

lalagirl211

lalagirl211

BELIEVE In YOURSELF!!!

Tekken/for the/win/(*゚▽゚)ノ

merged: 08-02-2014 ~ 06:31am
And ohh i like naruto storm generation :D .. If u have ps3 -- u can add me.nDarkNicu

This World Is Wrong . . .

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Soul Of Samurai / Shadow Hearts II

Signature

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 115 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.