Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What got YOU into Anime? - Minitokyo

What got YOU into Anime?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

Me? Well to tell the truth i was a mad cartoon fanatic. Cartoon Network was my best friend! Then we moved away from cable to the backwoods of Missouri(USA) where ther was no cable. After about a year one of my best friends agve me a CD with a bunch of ripped first episodes of various series. I immediatly fell in love with CowboyBeBop, and Saiuki. and there my addiction started. All because of Ricki... curse him. lol

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

boei

**Dark Mood**

haha... i started mainly because of peer pressure from my brother and sisters... they were quite heavy fanatics, having drawers full of manga comics... and when they are nt hme, i sneak into their room and read them.. =X haha.. then u shld knoe wad happened

Prelim ExamS!!!!!!!!

followed by finals!!!!!

This is CRAzY!

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

An ex got me into it! That was before anime was on mainstream TV and was just a cult following. My first anime was Ranma 1/2 and I loved it. After that, I was hooked. So, even though he ended up being a jerk, he got me into something I enjoy.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

Hmm.. guess it was some friends of mine watching it, and for some reason i coppied the anime they got, and then i was hooked.. :/

I will access your heart right away..

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

believe it or not it was a friend of mine telling me Dragonball Z wasnt american made..yeah, I was 15 and lived in the sticks. I had no idea! So I hopped on my dialup connection, started hunting around...and here I am, 6 yrs later, confirmed addict ;)

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

^^ ... Saberrrrr Riderrrrrs and the Starrr Sherifffs ^^ ... holly shit this anime ... my first and one of my favorit ones ...

Cartoon Network. XD Watching that Gundam Wing ad featuring with Linkin Park's 'Crawling' way back when got me totally hooked to both Toonami and LP. ^_^' But we haven't had cable for ages now, so.. *huggles her manga*

Icy

i started watching anime before i knew what is what, they showed it all the time on Si-Fi channel when i was younger.

i didn't teally get into it till cartoon netwrok started adult swin, and they where showing Bebop, by far one of my personal favorites

Hmmm... sounds like a lot of people got hooked onto anime through the Cartoon Network, which is pretty cool.

I was actually surfing the web for something... an assignment, I think... and I kept running into Oh! My Goddess stuff... kinda weird, and I couldn't stand it any more and had to find out what it really was. The art definitely intrigued me, as well as summaries of the general story line. After that, I introduced it to my friends and now we all love anime.

One word: G-Force

That was long before many of you were even born. At the time I didn't know it was anime. At the time I didn't know the word anime. Then there was:

1. Voltron
2. Robotech
3. Transformers

Then there was a dark age until I was in high school, when I was reintroduced with Adventures in Japanese Animation. That led to Vampire Hunter D - which was so mind blowing that it scarred me for life. Then there was:

1. Ninja Scroll
2. Ghost In the Shell
3. Princess Mononoke

That's what led me back to the light. It was all downhill from there. ^_^'

MenchiBurger

MenchiBurger

Medium Rare

In freshman year of high school a friend shoved a Ranma manga into my hands, and from there I jumped from Ranma to Inuyasha to Cardcaptor Sakura, quickly going from manga to anime, and was forever sucked into the black hole where anime lovers dwell :)

funny but my first anime i've watched was probably akira (yes old school)
and i loved it.

Friend let me watch HnI and HnG a long time ago....and I was into really into it ever since -_-

me , well mostly music and a friend , jeje

one of my friends back when i was like 9 or 10 well his father was a big anime fan and he would always have all these anime music cds around so we would listen to them then all of a sudden i was watching akira and it all started , saint seiya was a big factor also , jeje.

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Friends did actually.....I got into it by, get this, watching DBZ on Toonami in the States...roughly 6-7 years ago....anyways ever since then I slowly branched off, and before you know it, I probably own the MOST amount of anime in my city (Only about 60,000+ people though). Seriously its like a horrible addiction now. Its awful. But nonetheless I'm glad I got into it....I found some VERY deep and serious animes that made me think about things....and some that can be VERY related to life, others that were just hilarious....and of course, those that just plain sucked.

Signature Image

Seygram

Seygram

Wandering Slacker

My cousins got me into Anime. When I came to their house I asked them what they were doing and they said they were watching Macross Plus, they were shocked to know I didn't know what Robotech was. Wwhen I actually sat down and watched it, I got addicted to anime while watching jets fire out dozens of missles at once while dodging them as well. Then came onto Dragon Ball Z, the anime that almost everyone has watched or seen.

I started out with the really mutilated dubbed anime various channels brought on. They interested me so I went online to look up more information on them and found links to different anime. The site I came across was Anipike. From there I was drawn in completely ^^

still not entirely all that in to anime but it seems interesting since I still get up early on a saturday to watch cartoons. lol.

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Hm sounds like sumthin everyone gonna get addicted to. But for me our uncle had tons of anime (he's a big fan also) so we watch all sorts of anime and next thin u kno 8 years later ur addicted

MrSagara

Love. Is. Life.

Well, I do remember watching Anime.[the americanized ones] but THE anime that has gotten me into anime is hajime NO ippo! after that...I started dling everything in sight. ha.

Quote by Blaise PascalClarity of mind means clarity of passion, too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves

dhunter

dhunter

Pantsman to the rescue

After watching DBZ on YTV, I wanted to see the movies so I got on the Internet and saw a site where I could download Evangelion. After that, I began to watch a lot more

Signature
Are those... pants on your head???

Ferio

The Flame Alchemist

I started watching Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä and Macross when I was just a kido
I love it!

It was just own interest when I visited Japan, and started watching Escaflowne. And I've just been looking into other amazing series since then!

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

my good friends john and katie, and my friend grady a little. yeah, thats everyone, my dad is rather opposed to anime though, he thinks that it's kinda evil or something because of the vampire animes.

Think deeply of simple things.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.