Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LCD TFT or normal Monitor - Minitokyo

LCD TFT or normal Monitor

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 70 total items

Asahi

Asahi

gone

servus,

what a monitor do you have: a lcd tft or a normal monitor ?
what brand: sony, belinea, siemens, philipps, yakumo, ... ?

Vincent

Vincent

Endymion

*sucks*

Well yea , personally I'd love a tft-monitor yet I'm more or less broke, so have to save up some more for a good tft and hope that by the end of this year I'll have some money left since this old (20") monitor is seriously gettin onto my nerves + eyes =/

Signature

.Recent Work - A visual poem called :
.Dolphins [And the world keeps turning..].

Sandy

Sandy

graphic fighter

TFT monitor is bad if you work mainly in the graphic design area like me unless you pay the price for an uber quality one (but since I'm poor XD). Because the color display will never equal a cathodic screen. Mine is a 17" Sony I have now for liek.... over 5 years lol.

RamzaSedai

RamzaSedai

Aes Sedai

Can I vote twice? I have one of each, and I adore them both. ^_~ My LCD is kickass because it's 17" SXGA and it has a TV tuner built into it, so that I can plug the cable and also my game systems straight into it. My CRT is a Samsung 20" UXGA flat-panel screen that I got because 1280x1024 was feeling a bit cramped.

"Silly demigod, Trix are for kids!"

I got an LCD TFT by Acer. Pretty good because my desk is pretty small.

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

definitely CRTs =p
LCDs still haven't advanced enough in picture quality to grab my attention from good ol' radiation tubes XD`

Absentmindederic

Just a Wanderer

I like the ole' CRT's cuz'
1) price
2) size
3) color quality

Still I had a LCD last year at the college dorms cuz' the desks they gave us were so small that If you put a CRT on them you'd have no room on your desk. No, seriously, my roomie had one and there wasn't even room to put a keyboard in front of it. Yes, that's one dimension and in the other, he barely had room to put his stack of magazines next to the monitor. But this year, we've got bigger desks, so it's not an issue anymore.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

CRT[the best for graphics view.]
philips 107 T
17"

*yeah, i know it's cheap, but that all i can get with my pocket money*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

anael

Sunao korishou

i have a normal monitor Hyundai !!!! :\ no money for a LCD -_- rhaaaa XO

Signature

definitely CRT for me. CRTs are the best for gaming. Mine's a 17" Samsung

Signature

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

I love my old 19" classic monitor....i own a computer shop and i have see many TFT, some are very good.....but still the good classic monitor is the only choice for a gamer with desk space

Well i have a CRT monitor 19 inch x_x sure is good for gaming and all, but still i'm saving some money for another 3d card and a big TFT screen to hang on my wall ^_^. I just like to see movies and play games big screen XD..

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

Quote by Cloudninedefinitely CRTs =p
LCDs still haven't advanced enough in picture quality to grab my attention from good ol' radiation tubes XD`

lolz! i'm agree ^_^'

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

Asahi

Asahi

gone

no no .. tft's can have a super quallity of the picture too >_>

have again a tft ..

17" sony sdm-hx73s ~ love it.

I surely wouldn't mind having an LCD monitor but it's still a bit too expensive. I have no problem with my current CRT monitor besides taking up most of my desk space.

Earlier this year, after putting some good thought into it, I got myself a LCD monitor. It's a BenQ 17" model with 16ms pixel response time and I'm using a DVI connection. I'm happy with my purchase. I paid $580au which at it's time I thought was great. Gaming is fine to me and watching movies/anime/whatever looks just normal. The only blurring I get is when I move windows around and you can see the text blur and change colour and that doesn't bother me one bit.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

I like lcd for reading and browsing for long time because it reduces eye strain, while I use normal crt monitor for design, games and several task which lcd monitor can't handle... so I think I like both :)

When this CRT dies, I will get a LCD 17' or bigger. So now will wait. LCD's are still expansive enough for my budget.

My monitor is 17" LG Flatron 795Plus. I do not want to use LCD monitor at the moment because it lacks of colour quality that cathode monitor has.

valsimot

wingless

i have a sony 15" LCD. they aren't the best for design (color problems) but you can stare at them for hours on end without your eyes getting red.

once a warrior for the cause,
now shamed and disgraced,
banished from my world,
wingless i walk this one...

dell 1901fp / DVI / gf4 ti4200 128MB

hopefully i might buy another one, if i have the money. i want to try dual monitors - i also have a radeon 7500 PCI card hooked up, so its ready, and its got DVI.

but let me say: LCD + 15 pin VGA dSUB (the blue connector, folks) is a travesty, and committing such a vile act deserves burning at the stake. and if your LCD only has VGA, it gets burned with you. that is all

>:)

I have both kinds - two 17" CRTs (IBM G70 and an IIyama Vision Master 17 with touch screen) and a 15" Iiyama ProLite e380s LCD.

All running at once :)

I have a 18,1 inch LCD-screen. I would never go back to my old 17 inch monitor. If I have to buy a new one, it would be a LCD screen again.

Signature

"If the villain looks just like me I'll be pitted against me who looks like me and so, even if I who looks like me wins, me who looks like me will lose and the loser will be me who looks like me, so in the end I will be the winner, but I will have lost." Myao in Kazemakaze Tsukikage Ran

icom158

For artists, you have to go with a CRT for accurate color reproduction. Although the Apple Cinema displays are pretty darn good and might serve as a replacement. I'm too poor to afford one for regular use. LCDs are getting cheaper and better, but they still have ghosting effects when playing fast paced games, because the pixels can not turn off or on fast enough.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 70 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.