Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Knockout 2014 Round 3: Survival Kit - Minitokyo

Knockout 2014 Round 3: Survival Kit

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/MT-Maigetsu/MT%2010th%20Anniversary/round3_small.png

Welcome to the final round of the Knockout 2014! We are gathered here to see wallers do what they do best, and challenge them with something fun and grueling at the same time ^_~ This round has a more...interesting theme, and Mai-chan is very curious what everyone will come up with!
----------------------------

Theme of the round: “Survival Kit”

What does “survival kit” mean? Mai-chan has stayed up long nights and though of a few items, which she then organized into sets. Every waller is assigned a set and must use at least two (2) items from their set in their wallpaper. Simple, no? Let’s see the sets then!

Set 1: Wind Turbines / Sun Hat / Aircraft
Set 2: Castle / Weapon / Wind*
Set 3: Rabbit Plushie / Book / Overalls
Set 4: Ghost / Haunted House / Cake
Set 5: Moon / Bridge / Teddy Bear
Set 6: Flowers / Landscape** / Machine gun
Set 7: Hot Air Balloon / River / Fence
Set 8: Sunrise / City / Cherry Blossom Tree

And the assignment of the sets:
elisadevelon - set 2: Castle / Weapon / Wind
lisz - set 3: Rabbit Plushie / Book / Overalls
Meronheddo - set 8: Sunrise / City / Cherry Blossom Tree

Note: the participants were organized alphabetically and the sets were assigned using a random number generator.
* refers to items being moved by the wind e.g. hair, leaves.
** refers to MT's definition of Scenic

Rules

+ Round rules: you must use at least two (2) items from the kit you were given! Each item is worth 1 point, though, so you should try to use all three to get as many points as you can ^_~ The items must be clearly visible; if you think they’re not obvious enough, you can point them out in a small description.

+ You are allowed to change your set - however, this will cost you 1 point from your round score (so you can only get a maximum of 9 points)! You cannot choose a set that was assigned to someone else. If you decide to change your set, this will be kept between you and Mai-chan only~

+ All the general rules from the first announcement apply, as do the ones listed in the MT Policy.

+ No restrictions on style. You can also wall whatever series/game you want.

+ You must send your entries via PM to Mai-chan, without a signature or description! Make sure to specify the subject as “Knockout Round 3 entry”.

+ The minimum resolutions you can submit your entry in are 1600 x 1200 (regular), 1920 x 1080 (HD) and 1920 x 1200 (widescreen). Of course, you can submit higher resolutions if you want to (see the list of accepted resolutions). You don’t need to send all three resolutions, just the one you’d like to enter :)

+ Don’t post your wallpaper (with or without your signature) anywhere else on the Internet until after the round is over i.e. the results are announced!

+ You may request help! PM Mai-chan with the subject “Round 3 Help!” and she will ask one of our lovely helpers to lend you a hand~ This is totally secret, though!

The deadline for sending in entries is Sunday, the 26th of October 2014!

However, the round will be over sooner if everyone sends in their entries by then :)

Good luck, minna! <3

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

Waiting Curiously for Final winner!
So Challenging round!

Ganbatte ne Minna-san~!

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Ahhh, yesss! It's... HERE! I think I'm quite satisfied with my set although I wish I would have gotten no.4... Halloweeeen <:/ But fantasy-leaning stuff is always cool.

Anyways, good luck to my opponents!

Meronheddo

Meronheddo

SCRIBBLER AT LARGE!

Well this is interesting.

Just keep scribbling, scribbling and a wee bit more scribbling :D

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Wait, I just realized something. If we get assigned things, anyone can find out whose wall is whose, isn't that right?

Also, thanks a lot for your hard work, Mai-chan! :3

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Quote by elisadevelonWait, I just realized something. If we get assigned things, anyone can find out whose wall is whose, isn't that right?

True, but at this point everyone's style is recognizable anyway ^_~

And knowing the sets will make things more exciting! Remember that you have to have at least two items from your set, but that doesn't stop you from including whatever else you want~ And if you want to change your set, PM Mai about it and she will work her magic~

Good luck!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

This looks like fun , can't wait to see what you guys make.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Signature

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Huehuehue...You guys deserved to be here. Really good wallpapers the last time.

The overalls seem to be the most interesting object in the must be done list. I'm curious about lisz' and wonder how she will implement it. Of course, everyone should just surprise us all, since you got so far for a good reason.

Remember, vector and paint flawlessly, add amazing lighting/blending and make the final touches. Don't forget textures, patterns and to avoid jaggies etc. Just a little tip in case you forget one of them. Textures might be one of the things people tend to forget about, so don't be hasty in submitting when you think you're done.

Take all the feedback you can to heart and good luck! My expectations are high '-'

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

Good Luck minna-san!
Ganbatte!
:D

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Good luck! I'm looking forward to this!

Painter

Painter

Skull Master >:3

Good luck everyone! :)

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Hmmm... curious to see if anyone switches kits (after it is over). >.>

Though, it would be interesting to see how many aspects/components of these kits/sets could be incorporated into a wall.

Masterchief80

Masterchief80

Last amongst darkness

Good luck to all participants!

Fighting For Dignity Of My Soul

Good luck everyone! :)

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Minna, Mai-chan declares this round officially CLOSED.

Stay tuned for the final results! ^o^

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer1

V2FFTB

Still staying tuned... patiently... very.. veeerrryyy..... paatientlyyyy...

elisadevelon

Retired Moderator

elisadevelon

The purple vamp

Quote by Daydreamer1Still staying tuned... patiently... very.. veeerrryyy..... paatientlyyyy...

Your avatar looks like it's checking the thread every five seconds lol.

*sharing your (im)patience*

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.