Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What book would you like turned into anime? - Minitokyo

What book would you like turned into anime?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Hmm... 'want to pose this question: if you get the chance to turn a certain piece of literature (book, book series, etc.; US-authored, European-authored, etc.) into anime format, what would that be?

Mine would be the DUNE series by Frank Herbert. ALL of it, from the 1st down to Chapterhouse! The epic saga-sci fi theme of the DUNE series complement with many outings already done in anime (e.g., Captain Harlock, U.C. timeline Gundam)

Music of course by my beloved Yuki Kajiura. ^_^

P.S.
Muad'dib has to have a kawaii desert rat companion thing!!! hehe.

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

I'd love to see the Lion of Macedon and Dark Prince duology by David Gemmell turned into an anime. :D It's a heroic/historical-fantasy thing - it'd make a great anime along the lines of... well, the swords-and-magic kind. I'd love to see the effects and huge battle scenes described in motion.

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

I think that a book that could be made into an awsome anime movie or OVA would be the book "holes". It was made into a real movie, but I think that it would be good animated!

Signature

i can see it now.....Lord of the Rings...THE anime. i think that would be pretty cool.

Anyone of David Drake's Hammer's Slammers novels. These would make the most action packed anime anyone could ask for!! XD

I'd Love to see the I''s manga converted to a anime serie :)
Or a anime based on the Warhammer 40k universe, war, chaos, war, and war :)

Quote by charaznableamuroreiMine would be the DUNE series by Frank Herbert. ALL of it, from the 1st down to Chapterhouse! Muad'dib has to have a kawaii desert rat companion thing!!! hehe.

meeeeeeeee 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, worm attack
just imagine how sardukar (elite Shadam IV army) would look like,,,,,,,, :o

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

I would die to see an anime version of harry potter, just cause i bet it would look more interesting than the movies! But that's just for random fun.
But seriously I'd like to see Elizabeth Hayden's Rhapsody series turned into an anime. That one would be cool to see!

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

i`d say TO KILL A mockingbird by harper lee. it would be interesting to see, japanese animation get a taste of the west....

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Quote by thecatmistressi`d say TO KILL A mockingbird by harper lee. it would be interesting to see, japanese animation get a taste of the west....

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe that there have been a lot of Western literature converted into anime format: there's the classic tales series (Princess Sarah, Dog of Flanders, Cedie (?), Anne of Green Gables)

I remember being age 10 and watching all these anime, not realizing that these were actually from books. When I fortunately got lucky to study college, it was only then that I got to browse some thrift bookstores and find out about these classic tales (Anne of Green Gables - one personal favorite of mine!!!)

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

LoL why not Harry Potter? I m not a fan of it but it'd be nice if it's in anime form XD hahaha...

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

Akinosuke

Akinosuke

I'm a "kawaii" fan.. sue me

Eiji Yoshikawas Musashi! :D I have heard a wild rumor about Musashi anime?? Does anybody know about that?

I totally agree with the Dune and the Harry Potter ideas...I would also add the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (I'd just LOVE to see Lestat as an anime character, he would be soooo cute!)

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

Quote by ManxitaI totally agree with the Dune and the Harry Potter ideas...I would also add the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (I'd just LOVE to see Lestat as an anime character, he would be soooo cute!)

oh my, you're right on the Lestat suggestion, Manxita! I agree! I am a bit partial with furry mascots, so what furry mascot would Lestat have, ya think?

What about Paul Atreides and Leto II (pre-worm form), both having kawaii mascots? just thinking about it.... ^_^

Signature Image

Hmmm, I suppose Lestat would have a dog (he gets one in The Tale of the Body Thief, so I suppose it makes sense). But maybe he would have a little cute bat, I mean, being a vampire and all...;)

Yeah, I'd love to see the Muah'Dib (can't remember the spelling, sorry!) having a cute pet!

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

I want Kami Kaze !!
The story is really cool !!

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

The Crazed by Ha Jin. The tension and introspective methods of the book is good enough to make a decent show. I'd look forward to seeing one.

xeroghost

Whoa knows??

The Wheel Of Time by Robert Jordan.. Because the concepts and characters would really make for a great anime.. anyone who's read the series should agree taht it would definately be worth watching animated..

*insert clever saying here*
Signature

ericcarson

ericcarson

Anime Addict

You just have not read anything funny until u have read Rincewind by Terry Pratchett. he is a Halarious author!

- Your sourse for quality scans! 2000x3000 or greater!

Support our troops. I need a loan... LOL j/k

SoloButterfly

Ayeka Masaki

Harry Potter. Though it would have to be movies instead of episodes. I'd also like to see the Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville turned into either a live action or animated set of movies. Though considering how fast he's writing them I'll be dead before the movies ever finish being made.

maiafay376

Elf Whore

Any Drizzt Do'Urden book (forgotton realms series) by Ra. Salvatore. Just want to see the drow in action besides guest apperances in PS2 games...

Signature

walkure245

walkure245

MagiBlue

Well, I want to see Harry Potter of course. ^_^ I would love to see it in Koge Danbo style. Also, I want to see The Chronicles of Narnia as an anime. It's lame but I love the stories.

Signature
Created by my best friend, Kitten

Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori series, as well as Takashi Matsuoka's Cloud of Sparrows. :3

hmmm.... The Shining by Stephen King. Now THAT would be funny.

I'll photocopy all the things that we could be
If you took the time to notice me

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.