Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Mt-Maigetsu: Special No 3 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Minitokyo

Mt-Maigetsu: Special No 3 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

What do you have to say about these incidents?

Wow, whoever that was has no life!
26 votes
Thanks you, mods and admins, for fixing it all!
45 votes
Wow, that was freaky...
15 votes
Urgh, I was inconvenienced this whole weekend, I am SOOO ANGRY!
1 votes
OMG HAXX0RZ THE WORLD IZ ENDING!!!~~111one!!1
4 votes
What happened this past weekend...?
19 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Mt-Maigetsu

Administrator

Mt-Maigetsu

Fillling you in on the latest.

Mt-Maigetsu Special No 3:
The Wut Wut? And the Know Now

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5339/banneref8.jpg

As some of you may have noticed, a lot of things happened this past weekend (Jan. 11-14), and no, that was not Mai-chan's all weekend block-party (you'd all get an invitation if it was!).

To make it short and sweet: Someone out to make mischief found a security flaw in Minitokyo's design and took advantage of it to cause general confusification.

These amazing party clown stunts included:
- Banning most of the staff (some of them got some very amusing temporary nicknames as well).
- Banning random members.
- Promoting random members to administrator status.
- Changing the passwords of random members.
- Deleting user-created groups.
- Mass deleting user submissions (mostly old and/or highlighted submission).

... but we all know that it was because everyone loves Mai-chan too much <3 xoxo WOWIES... Mai-chan is so touched ;-; *sends love out*

What a party, huh? But worry not, as of now, most of these difficulties are solved or able to be solved.

If you still suffer from the hangover of it all, or have any of the following problems
... then follow the light by doing the following:

- If you or a friend have been banned, make a post in Deletion Complaints. Don't forget, it's still totally possible that you or your friend were banned by a moderator for violation of the policy.

- If you find yourself unable to log into your account and you're pretty sure you haven't forgotten your password, PM any moderator to have your password reset.

- Nearly all groups have been restored. If your group has no members, PM DeHackEd with your group name and he will load a backup of it. If your group was made within the past month, there is unfortunately no backup of it and you must start from scratch.

- If you find that many of your gallery items have been deleted, make a post in Deletion Complaints. Don't forget, it's still totally possible that your submissions were deleted by a moderator for violation of the policy.

That concludes this special announcement, so if there are no further questions... Congratulations are in order! These folks have contributed much to getting Minitokyo back up and running this weekend. Give them a pat on the back next time you see them:

Minitokyo Staff & Technical Support:
dehacked gottaname sheqel
bromithia chloe-chan eternalparadox euna kuroimisa littlejonny100 maplerose marissa saikusa spystreak

Special Thanks:
kitten siren93

From botchii with love

Mai-chan <3 xoxo

Signature
	Image(The Policy) A must read! (The Userguide) For day to day living!
(Forum guidelines) Keeping it clean! (Common problems and their solutions) Got you covered!
Visit HeadQuarters for more juicy goodness or contact your nearest friendly moderator.

thanks for fixing!
I wasn't affected that much, but still! I'm so happy we're back!

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Glad the site is intact for the most part,but I'm still abit vexed someone decided to pillage the site like that.I hope somethings being thought up as far as improving the site's security.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Thank you so much for all the hard work :)

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Arigato Gozaimasu~ :)

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

but still we can't edit our own submissions.

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Thank you guys so much!

Whew! I'm glad that MT seems okay for the most part. ^_^' I second GintheTwilightsword's idea, maybe something can be done to improve the site's security. I wasnt'affected much, but that was irksome. :angry:

Thanks to the mods and admins for quickly fixing stuff, and I hope those who suffered are doing ok.

art-nouveau flip fullmetal-alchemist-fans mt-philippines simple-ism vectory

Sinever

Sinever

VK Freak

thanks alot for everything :)

WATCH OUT! VK FREAK IS HERE! xD MUHAHAHAHAHA!

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I'm glad that nearly (aside from the edit button ^^) everything is ok now. Thanks!

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Just FYI, as a result of this I've also noticed a significant part of my older gallery entries have all been put into female scans. I think there's going to be a rift of reports in the next week or so of folks wanting their items moved back to their proper places :)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Quote by Tama-NekoJust FYI, as a result of this I've also noticed a significant part of my older gallery entries have all been put into female scans. I think there's going to be a rift of reports in the next week or so of folks wanting their items moved back to their proper places :)

Yes, it was faster to restore the images using a batch script. So if anyone sees their stuff (or someone else's stuff) not in the right category, please use the report button to have it moved :)

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

A huuuuge thankies to all the admins, mods, and members that helped fix this problem! It really was a bit freaky when it happened, and I'm glad everything is becoming back to normal now ^^

Signature

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Hail to the whole MT staff - you guys are wonderful! I'm happy everything is back to normal - congrats on that!
All the best to you all ^^

founder of: Vectory
Signature

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by Oriyabut still we can't edit our own submissions.

Sheq & our Admin are currently working their arses off. So one step at a time, okay!

As for old wallpapers & other miscellaneous stuff appearing in Female Scans, we're currently tidying things up. If you find something in the wrong place you could always use the Report link to alert a moderator to it.

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

buhuhuhuhu my long avaited group got deleted,there is not any saviour for 2 weeks old groups...*crying*

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

Haven100

Haven100

Psychopathic Friend

Thanks so much for fixing the problems you guys :D

I watch you from the shadows, like a deranged tanuki.
Please don’t mind me. :D :3

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

Domo arigato gozaimashita to all the Mods, Admin and Members who made things right again! It is appreciated!

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

Thanks a lot, folks... mods and admins for fixing it up! ^^
I was very confused this past week about the weird things that were happening.
It's a great relief that now everything is over! ^^
Yay!

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

Lariel

Lariel

[ Fallen From Grace ]

Thanks for fixing it all! I couldn't get into MT for two days straight! x_x

Signature
One day, when the time comes, I want to sleep among the flowers.

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

thanks for the admins and mods in fixing all the messed stuffs like restoring some groups :D
i'm so happy that 2 or more of my groups are back in one piece! :D thank you very much! XD
*gives you all an ice candy*
enjoy!

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

temarigenius

temarigenius

~Motivation Please <3~

Thanks for the Admin's hardwork~
It's amazing that its all fixed! Thanks so much~ ><

Signature Image
dgrayman-black-fighters vampire-knight jigoku-tsushin-mt sword-shana-lily
"Within the Truth hides the Lie... Within the Lies hides the Truth." --- Rokudo Mukuro

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

Thanks for the useful infos and for all the hardworking.
Hope it won't happen again in the future.

Signature

Cobalt-Phoenix

Cobalt-Phoenix

-Phoenix of the Blue Flame-

Good luck to the moderators and administrators, thank you for your hard work! :) I would also like to thank the members that were admins for a while and used their new found power for good! Bravo! ;)

Here's to the long life of minitokyo! Cheers! :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.