Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it - Minitokyo

Announcing some serious cleaning I will do - MT really needs it

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

interesting =)
the rules are way too long XD
i am guessing common sense wont get me in trouble...
hopefully =q

Signature
faith is all we need *

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

Wow, that's really kind of you! Spending this much effort. :D

i think it's great you're doing this. It should (hopefully) discourage people from posting more bad scans, walls, doujinshi, etc. It really does pain me to see a wall with a character slapped on a monochrome background, sometimes with a few strips here and there when I use like 5 hours just to extract with an erasor to get all the details........... >_<

Good luck!

EDIT
Oh, I'm not sure if this has been brought to the mods already or not, but there is a flaw in the no ripping from other sites rule.

People from other sites could very well ripe from here and say we ripped them! Also, since artbooks are sold in large masses, it's not surprising that many people are scanning the same art. So, just thought I should point that out.

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

The new FAQ will address these problems.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

vegetto723

vegetto723

My Thoughts

ihave made a fatal error of not reading the rules before i submitted wallpaper. i did submit someone's art even though i gave them credit. now reading the rules, i have not artistic ability and there seems no way to submit artwork. what can i do?

Life is not like a road map. Your destination is planned but the stops.

Quote by vegetto723ihave made a fatal error of not reading the rules before i submitted
wallpaper. i did submit someone's art even though i gave them credit.
now reading the rules, i have not artistic ability and there seems no
way to submit artwork. what can i do?

Practise i guess... nobody know how to handle Photoshop or whatever program you use to create artwork or wallpapers from the first time you start the program. You have to fiddle around a lot, spend time reading tutorial and simply give it a try. If you say: i don't have the talent, so can't do anything at all you simply throw away any chance of improvement. Just my 2 cents...

vegetto723

vegetto723

My Thoughts

maybe i am not understanding. i thought all material submitted must be from my own drawings or made by myself from an art program. can i just scan pictures i have and submit them, even though some scans might have been from other people.

All I will say is this
I agree with what mr_freakybig is saying in part to the, "How do you know if it was effort or not?"
I know for a fact that I put effort into my work and I didn't just slap to damn layers together and called it artwork. Yet (and mind you none of my have gotten trashed yet, but I'm sure will) by a few mods jugdement my work will be trashed because it had no "effort" to their eyes.
In turn I do feel if you want to delete something and clean up the place you should be looking more at the scans then people works. I've seen more crap in scans then I have seen in ppl wallpapers. We as members should be allowed to keep our old work with our new so that ppl will see that and say, "hey this person has come a long way." because from our old work we build to new, but we always look to our old work to improve our new.

Signature
+I like Celestial backgrounds++Proud Member Of DNAngel Fans++Member Of Loving Ayashi-no-Ceres+
Wings-Lovers
KaleidoStar-4-ever

Quote by vegetto723maybe i am not understanding. i thought all material submitted must be
from my own drawings or made by myself from an art program. can i just
scan pictures i have and submit them, even though some scans might have
been from other people.

As far as i'm able to understand it - you have to create the wallpapers you're going to submit all by yourself. Others have contributed scanned artwork from artbooks and clearly those do not bekong to those that submitted them.

I don't think i'll submit any art that wasn't created by me, but that's my own policy.

vegetto723

vegetto723

My Thoughts

Quote by Jun-Juniko
As far as i'm able to understand it - you have to create the wallpapers you're going to submit all by yourself. Others have contributed scanned artwork from artbooks and clearly those do not bekong to those that submitted them.
I don't think i'll submit any art that wasn't created by me, but that's my own policy.

thank you for your help Jun-Juniko. i was trying to find away to submit art but short of using scans i could not think of a way.

Loki

Loki

.: Web Leecher :.

Ok. I want to make one thing clear. I am upset and in a really bad bad mood.
I just login to my user page and realise that all of my wall are gone. I lose 7 lv plus comment and fav from other. member. Then I read this tread so I want to grovel (is this how you spell it?) and complain.

When I first came to MT (that was MT ver. 1.x) I was here for the scan. It was a high quality scan that I can't find on the net. But now you need at lease lv. 10 to download scan so I made some wall, post comment, make fav, replay tread at the forum. My wall aren't that good since at first I don't know how to use PS but people gave comment on it, give advice, and some even make it their fav which make quite happy and want to improve my skill. But now they all are gone down the drain.
I thought this place is a place where you could learn. Show some of your work, get other people opinion, advice, and sometimes critic, a place where you could learn from other. But how can this happen when you start deleting other people work by saying they are not good enough. I don't mind about the scan cleaning but please reconsider about the wall. In your eyes they maybe not that good but I put alot and I mean alot of work on them. And suddenly I got my notivication page full of Chii bot saying my wall are deleted. No word saying " I'm sorry but MT need the space" or any thing just gone saying it doesn't meet the quality standart.

Well I guest that is all. Sorry for the spelling error and other.

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est." [Knowledge is power.]
- Francis Bacon

hey Loki,
I understand your feelings man!, A lot of new members and beginners have had lots of problems with this too including me. When I first joined, I thought that I would be able to get some advice on my work and improve my skill but they just deleted my stuff too and I just gave up trying to submit stuff as I have come to realize that this site caters to people with advanced skills and not beginners so just try to build up your level slowly.
Complaining will not change much around here I think but u can always use the forum to vent.

Loki

Loki

.: Web Leecher :.

Quote by kyououhey Loki,
I understand your feelings man!, A lot of new members and beginners have had lots of problems with this too including me. When I first joined, I thought that I would be able to get some advice on my work and improve my skill but they just deleted my stuff too and I just gave up trying to submit stuff as I have come to realize that this site caters to people with advanced skills and not beginners so just try to build up your level slowly.
Complaining will not change much around here I think but u can always use the forum to vent.

Yes. I know complaining won't do any thing but it's feel good to let it all out.
About slow level building, I don't really need that much level. Just enough to download scan.

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est." [Knowledge is power.]
- Francis Bacon

It's just sad that MiniTokyo has become a strict dictatorship.

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by SilohIt's just sad that MiniTokyo has become a strict dictatorship.

I find that comment just simply hilarious. You think MT is strict? Lmao, I'd love to see you at some of my old communities. You wanna talk about strict, if you didn't follow the rules there you were instantly banned, even if you were slightly edging away from then you'd be banned. No hesitation.

I honestly don't see the big deal, practice on your artistic abilities before you submit. Yes, its asking for higher quality. Its just that I got use to seeing SO many half ass walls that even the excuse of 'well its my first time with PS' doesn't even come close to covering it. Theres a difference between putting your all into it and just doing what you can and giving up. ANY person with any form of artistic sense would know that if somethings not complete, don't show anyone. Yet for some reason people feel to put minimal effort, and even knowing its not the best they could of done they still submit it anyways. Why? Its beyond me. I find this funny because it shows how many people have read the rules and how many people have actually even considered what it would be like if the mods had time to take care of the galleries. This doesn't shock me and I honestly think its for the best of the community. You lose your work, tough break. Go out there and work harder, or is that not rewarding.

Oh yeah, don't bitch about not having the time. I work and I'm starting college yet I'm still trying to find spare time to put work into my up comming submission(s). If they get deleted, fine by me. It just gives me something to work towards.

The mods aren't asking for ultra perfect or extremely high quality, just to follow the guidelines. Yet for some reason people feel like its 'elitism' which I have to say gave me a VERY good laugh at that.

I look foward to being able to read about more and more people failing to understand this.

Signature Image

Excuse me, but I am an artist (not that fake crap that most "artists" on MT claim to be just because they can trace the edges of an image into a vector in a few hours, etc.) and I have seen MANY extremely high quality wallpapers get deleted for no good reason. Enough is enough. You folks had better start showing respect to your members before it bites you in the ass. Without us, you are nothing, I don't care how much money you are pouring into keeping this rickety site running - oppression isn't worth the hassle. We will take our talent elsewhere.

Signature

Hey CyaniadeBlizzard, I don't know what other people said in the posts on elitism but what I was referring to was not the rules about the quality of the work.
As I have stated before, its about the attitude which people seem to show on many of these posts.
Comments like "if you don't like the way things are run, leave" etc. etc.
I don't see how comments like these help the community in anyway and that is what I am referring to that others will percieve as an elitist attitude. Anyways, i do not want to get into an argument about that.

I do understand that there are a lot of comments that are rude and lash out at people but "2 wrongs don't make a right" as a moderator wrote somewhere I read but yet some mods themselves post so many posts that have so much profanity and degradation to others too.
i think that as senior members of the site, if you guys want act as leaders then you should not be lashing back or belittling members complaints (such as "...i have to say gave me a VERY good laugh...") and try to set a good example for everyone. Thats all, not very hard things to do, just some respect to everyone.

But of course you can tell me "what right do I have to tell you how to run this thing?" And I don't. But I think the stuff I said is pretty common sense.

I completely agree with you kyouou. God knows that we (the contributing members) are all that is holding this ramshackle hole together, and the moderators seem to delight in telling us off because we aren't good enough for them. Figure that one out. Definately not what I would call a "high quality" site, if only because of the staff.

Signature

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Quote by SilohExcuse me, but I am an artist (not that fake crap that most "artists"
on MT claim to be just because they can trace the edges of an image
into a vector in a few hours, etc.) and I have seen MANY extremely high
quality wallpapers get deleted for no good reason. Enough is
enough. You folks had better start showing respect to your members
before it bites you in the ass. Without us, you are nothing, I don't
care how much money you are pouring into keeping this rickety site
running - oppression isn't worth the hassle. We will take our
talent elsewhere.

I am intrigued, I hardly ever see any really good walls nowdays, at least here at MT. So could you please show me these extremely high quality walls you speak of? If what you say is true then I'm in for a real treat :)

Quote by kyououHey CyaniadeBlizzard, I don't know what other people said in the posts on elitism but what I was referring to was not the rules about the quality of the work.
As I have stated before, its about the attitude which people seem to show on many of these posts. Comments like "if you don't like the way things are run, leave" etc. etc.
I don't see how comments like these help the community in anyway and that is what I am referring to that others will percieve as an elitist attitude. ..... ...... ...... But of course you can tell me "what right do I have to tell you how to run this thing?" And I don't. But I think the stuff I said is pretty common sense.

The facts of the matter are, that each and every person here has a way to express their dislike of things that go on here, and a choice, as well as the ability, to exersize that method. If anyone here feels they are not being listened to and can't live with the rules imposed by the people that created the site and those that run it.... they can leave. It is the same way that society as a whole has the ability to influence what is and is not done within society. Whether or not they choose to take that action is another story. It isn't elitism so much as reality, I'm afraid, and the quicker people realize it and move on, the better off the community will be. This, my friend, is common sense. This isn't a site governed by a council elected by members that hold regular votes regarding MT policy. Look at it for what it is. Enjoy it. Voice your opinion constructively through a forum such as this, and let the people speak.

Nuff said.

man, you quote what I wrote but leave off the part that is important and want to get across with a "..........." but comment on the part I said i didn't want to fight about. Like I said, I just think people should have a better attitude posting on forums whether its a beginner, a senior member or mod. You say that society as a whole influences what is done and not done, Well then shouldn't people try to influence others not to lash out, demean, and belittle other people?
And actually what u have written is good instead of yelling, threatening, or demeaning other people.

bakaonigiri2

bakaonigiri2

silly cat

Wow that surely was a laaarge topic!!
Hey, you should all take it easy... hm, I don't think I have a rgith opost in here, cause I haven't submitted anything, and I've not even tried to create anything yet...

But I read ALL this topic, and I agree with my_freakypig (even though the anger was a bit too much sometimes) and kaylessa...you can't know how much effoert someone put, or if he stole a wallie from a friend or something, which would be against the rules too I suppose... but hey, I hate it when people act impolitely t onew members, I even left my favorite forum for that reason! A new artist puts all his hopes in his first work, posts it in here just a few days/weeks, even a couple of months before the deleting..then, comes again, hoping to find comments and encouraging words and instead finds a "you didn't try hard enough"?? that's the lowest behaviour...

I agree that many scans and wallies should be deleted, it IS tiring, there are many crappy things, but the mods should first send a pm or write in the guestbook and warn the artist... then delete...

I don't doubt that the cleaning takes ages, but since the mods decided to do that and put their time in it, at least they should do it right. And well, the members in here are many more than the mods, and since this is a decomcratic forum, the mods should respect the members' opinion a little bit more.

I should have known...that a riceball does not belong in a fruits basket

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by SilohGod knows that we (the contributing members) are all that is holding this ramshackle hole together, and the moderators seem to delight in telling us off because we aren't good enough for them.

Well, I myself am a contibuting member.. but I don't feel anything wrong with what the mods do... Afterall, being a member is a privilege, not a right (quoting from Nuriko's statement).. so, if you feel that the mods were telling you off because you're not good enough for them, then be one... it's not hard to improve so that your works complies to the quality standards for as far as I experienced...
And what's so bad about being a 'High Quality' site, or at least because of the mods?... If your works get to stay here in MT that means you're good enough, isn't it? If there's a lot of crappy submissions around you'd say something like 'uh my job is just as bad as theirs' although it's good enough... so you should be thankful that the mods decided to keep this high quality standards so you can improve yourself and keep the competing spirit high.. I sense that's a good cause at all...
But since you're banned already I guess what I wrote is not a big deal for you... but I hope that can clear out things for other members...

Quote by lokiAbout slow level building, I don't really need that much level. Just enough to download scan.

are you formally declaring yourself as a leecher? then fine with me... but you should know that leechers are not desirable in MT. It's a community, which means, we take something, and we contribute something....
Do you think it's damn easy to create such a site like this and maintain it? No? the you got my point... and you get all that for free. Sheqel is still kind to us all by not making any fee to get all the features of the site. So I guess it's a common sense to contribute to the community as a symbol of your thanks to him, or at least to all kind members that have contributed those lovely scans, right?
Just imagine if there's no contributing members from the very start and all leechers,... mind you, what will you leech then? nothing, right?
And if your 'contribution' keeps getting deleted, then refer to my description above... it's not hard to improve on your walling and drawing skills... all you need is the will to improve and some decent effort.

and about the sentence 'I have seen many extremely high quality walls get deleted' .. that's bs. I never saw something like that before in my whole MT life, and there's a certain possibiliy is that the ones that got deleted might be high quality walls that are ripped from other sites. Do you really think that the mods are brainless being? They wouldn't delete something that high of a quality... in fact, they won't delete something of a moderate quality at all, as far as I'm concerned... so get your facts straight before ranting, and ask the mods directly about their guidelines on extremely high quality ones and extremely crappy ones.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

KittyCyn

KittyCyn

Cyn Productions

Best Wishes Kel...again Excuse me* OX

Signature

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Best luck in your quest! Just remember, what one person may see as junk may be another person's treasure. Of course, there are always going to be less-than-perfect wallpapers, but what makes a wallpaper good? To some, my wallpapers may be utter crap, but to others they may be very good. Obviously, there are going to be some that are lacking, but there is still a grey area. Tread lightly! Seems like you are putting up with the complaints and insults well so far.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 101 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.