Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever Been To The Arcade? - Minitokyo

Ever Been To The Arcade?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Everywhere you go, somewhere within the mall or down by the theatre, there is bound to be an arcade place right at the corner.

So I've been wondering - Do anyone of you guys go to the Arcades at all? All the time? Sometimes? Do you hang out with your friends there? What kind of games do you like to play whenever you go to the Arcades? What are your favorites? Do you like going to that place often, day or night?

We go down by the Falls at a place called the Midway, a big grand game plaza situated down near the end of Clifton Hill. That place has almost everything you could dream of - the rooms always dazzle with lights, and the place is constantly busy flooding with tourists, 24/7. This place even definitely gets wild during the night as well. It's not the biggest arcade building out there, of course, but it's definitely one of the most active locations down by the tourist attraction sector, and its always a big hit to everyone who would like to go down there and have a little fun.

Me and my friends back then used to go down to the Falls every summer to play a lot of DDR. It was a crazy showdown indeed and we all had a couple of laughs. Such wonderful times, indeed. Go ahead, and share your fun moments here. I'd be happy to hear your story out.

I know some of you guys love the arcade a lot. Yup, I know you're out there lol - it's a nice place to be in for sure, as long as you have friends coming over, lots of free money to spend, and time to spare, whenever you want to relax, feel free, and enjoy life's simple little pleasures. Tell us all about it.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I live near a the beach and it have a big arcades :) It have a lot of ride too and other fun stuff. I haven't went there for a while now :( Maybe I could go and play one of this day.

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Arcades have sure changed a lot since I used to go.

Where I grew up, there used to be arcades on almost every corner (not just in malls). The games of the day were Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Asteroids, Centipede, and Missile Command ^^ And then, they came out with that Star Trek game you sat in, and Spock greeted you with "Welcome aboard, Captain."

Yeah - I'm really old.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Of course, but the last arcade I visited is in Atlantic City.

If you know an arcade called the "Playcade", they have all sorts of prizes, ranging from jumping jacks to DVD systems. That's pretty cool!

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well the Arcades scene around my area just die down since the release of the PS2, xbox, gamecube couple years back. In a good day, I might see 3 people in the arcades playing a math, it is just getting sad. I couldn't find anyone to have matches on Capcom v. SNK2 or Tekken no more, it used to be like 20 people would rotate on that machine alone in my area.
Those were the good times. I will go there from time to time, but they stop restocking new machine, the last upgrade they made was like 2 years ago. x_x Let's just say the golden age of arcades in my area die a slow and painful death. XO Well my favorite game in the arcade is still Metal Slug, used to burn way too many quarters on that game.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

There's also a roller coaster being built next to the arcades, and we met this guy who was extremely amazing at Tekkan Tag. We all were wasting quarters trying to beat this guy who claims to be world champ, and we've played hours over hours constantly and never won a single game against him at all. He was incredibly cheap, no doubt.

I did have a rush with Silent Scope X though - hm.. funness indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

arcade ??!!
All the time ^^
It's a prefect place to hang out ^^

It just feels right to got there whenever you have your friends around u ^^, don't know why though XD

Keitaro08

Keitaro08

Always o_Oing

I live in the countryside >_< ... But when I am close to an arcade (err... Close to a DDR , to be honest) I go... And sweat & laugh a lot ^^

o_O Il en existe toujours. Des choses plus importantes que nous-memes et nos reves O_o

i pawnz0rz racing games at the arcade...thats all i ever play is racing games...well other than the occasion Guilty Gear and Tekkan....hehe cel...ddr maniac...my friends are addicts too...they hog the machine for hours and hours...stop playin when they collapes from exhaustion XD

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

GutsyAnime

GutsyAnime

Hardcore Gamer

I haven't been to an arcade in years. I used to go this one that had old games like Pac-man, the original Mario Bros. battle, Spy Hunter, Double Dragon, Donkey Kong and a load of other games I never found out the names for, it's been like 10 or 11 years.

Anyhoo best part was it was free, oh yeah, nothing like playing cheap old games like Donkey Kong for free, can't ask for more than that. Then one day a bunch of people went in and vandalized the place.

No more Pac-man & friends :(

The arcades near me died almost 7 years ago, I'd have to travel about an hour to get to the closest one

I'd Rather stimulate your mind than emulate your purpose

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Quote by MordinWell the Arcades scene around my area just die down since the release
of the PS2, xbox, gamecube couple years back. In a good day, I might
see 3 people in the arcades playing a math, it is just getting sad. I
couldn't find anyone to have matches on Capcom v. SNK2 or Tekken no
more, it used to be like 20 people would rotate on that machine alone
in my area. Those were the good times. I will go there from time to
time, but they stop restocking new machine, the last upgrade they made
was like 2 years ago. x_x Let's just say the golden age of arcades in
my area die a slow and painful death. XO Well my favorite game in the
arcade is still Metal Slug, used to burn way too many quarters on that
game.

lol - same here in Niagara Falls. They stopped re-creating the arcade place down by Skylon Tower for many months now - but it seems like they are renovating the place slowly now and expanding the tourist area - I like it indeed.

Quote by Chopstickzi pawnz0rz racing games at the arcade...thats all i ever play is racing
games...well other than the occasion Guilty Gear and Tekkan....hehe
cel...ddr maniac...my friends are addicts too...they hog the machine
for hours and hours...stop playin when they collapes from exhaustion XD

lol - I never get sick of DDR - why do you think I am near the tops? I go there for more than hours - I could dance there for days - lol - DDR Extreme - they even had Keyboard Mania as well - and I wasn't quite fond of it OX

Quote by melmachine18Of course, but the last arcade I visited is in Atlantic City.
If you know an arcade called the "Playcade", they have all sorts of
prizes, ranging from jumping jacks to DVD systems. That's pretty cool!

Prizes! lol - we have one called the Pladium - where you swipe your cards to get tickets and power tokens - it's a neat idea and I loved it so very much. We had prizes of even the new PS2 out in the stands now. Quite a prize indeed - but I guarantee you'll spend more than actually buy the new system itself.

Signature

Criox

Criox

~LoNe BaNcHoU oF MiNiToKyO~

Yes, I been to arcade b4! I used to go there quite often! ^__^ I like those fighting and racing racing like Kof, mavel Vs capcom, samurai showdown and Initial-D last time! But as soon as I grew older, I find it kind of waste of time and money! Immediately after that, I seldom go to arcade anymore! ^__^;

~SpInnIng ThE NeW ThReAd oF CrEaTiOn~
Signature

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Yea, used to go down to the arcade on a regular basis, DDR'ing, competing in competitions...

ender75392

Finder of the Lost

I go to the arcade pretty often thru with going back to school I had to cut back on the time I have to spend at the arcade.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

lol - that's very interesting indeed

Quote by CrioxYes, I been to arcade b4! I used to go there quite often! ^__^ I like
those fighting and racing racing like Kof, mavel Vs capcom, samurai
showdown and Initial-D last time! But as soon as I grew older, I find
it kind of waste of time and money! Immediately after that, I seldom go
to arcade anymore! ^__^;

King of Fighers 98' - we still have that arcade machine in our new theatre now. The sounds are busted though, the joysticks been badly used and jammed, and I couldn't pick Terry Bogard because there was a glitch in the system that was never properly fixed and maintained. So we just shot quarters down playing pool or air hockey instead.

Even the pinball machines are getting lame, honestly - lol

We had a go-kart area where you pretty much are in a virtual game but you are driving around in a bumper car for real - its so cool - it has health, power - speed, everything. The pickups were nice - it tells you to move to a certain destination and you can repair your cars and such. When its game over, your car stops moving and the last car to still move around wins. It can last anywhere from 10 minutes with 30 people to 5 hours if you face the pros. It's unbelievably fun - and we have line-ups everytime. Japan never ceases to surprise me - lol

Quote by GutsyAnimeI haven't been to an arcade in years. I used to go this one that had
old games like Pac-man, the original Mario Bros. battle, Spy Hunter,
Double Dragon, Donkey Kong and a load of other games I never found out
the names for, it's been like 10 or 11 years.
Anyhoo best part was it was free, oh yeah, nothing like playing cheap
old games like Donkey Kong for free, can't ask for more than that. Then
one day a bunch of people went in and vandalized the place.
No more Pac-man & friends :(

We even still have the Gauntlet arcade down by our university - and it still works perfectly fine. Don't you know how much that machine is worth? A whole lot indeed.

Quote by calisqoarcade ??!!
All the time ^^
It's a prefect place to hang out ^^

It just feels right to got there whenever you have your friends around u ^^, don't know why though XD

lol - nice avatar change

And we just have a new karaoke game out where you have to test your voice to fine-tune with the music they play out loud. Let's just say - I'm never going to sing in front of the public. Too embarrassing indeed - lol

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

couple times before.
my parents don't really like me going there, so I've never been there again.
plus punks hang out there a lot.
bad place >_>

me go to arcade!
big arcade!
me go to D&B!
me play fighting games and gun games!
me tried to play DDR but me suck at it XO

Vetus

Vetus

Lonely Rolling Star

Oh! What an interesting thread, Celessa-kun! I'm an arcade nostalge, so every summer I was always pay a visit with a friend of mine at a little arcade store which is near our house we have at the countryside for our summer holidays. The late '80s and the early '90s was the golden season for arcade at Greece. Nowadays, everyone owns a videogame console or a PC, so it's a waste of time and time for most of them to go to the arcade store, which the most of them have been closed. Only the hardcore gamers go at these places to play first the latest fighting game before it will be released at consoles.

Personally, arcade is an idea way of entertainment for the summer. The last 3-4 years there was a stupit law at Greece which was prohibited arcade games. It's a big story and it's better to ask another greek to tell you details - my english aren't so good to explain it. Now they are allowed. If I would ever pay a visit again at an arcade store I would definitely play only these kind of arcade games that you cannot play them at the same way at a videogame console or they don't exist: DDR, Samba De Amigo and other games that uses a special gadget to play with like a funny hammer game I saw at the 40th episode of CCS:
http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2810/hammer1mu.th.jpg http://img177.exs.cx/img177/6290/hammeragain4nk.th.jpg http://img177.exs.cx/img177/7461/hammertoo6wr.th.jpg

As about light gun games and fightings? They cost a lots of money to enjoy them a lot at the arcade, but at the console you can play them again and again without spending a single coin. Hail to G-Con 2, the ultimate light gun gadget for PS2!!!

For me, the 50% of the fun is playing them with your friends. Arcade kakkoii!!!

What is "normal", anyway? If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

i go to an arcade every now and then. i own in Time Crisis XD blam! blam! lol

Signature Image

well, there's no more arcade by where i live, and the old one was dark and filled with socially challenged ppl, so it was absolutlely, one of my places to avoid. plus, arcades take up alot of money........are you ppl rich? lol

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Dance Dance Revolution Mania!!!

I used to be so into this game, so I had built myself a pad... never got to making a second one to practice my doubles, but didn't need it~ The arcade was good enough. However I was disapointed in the long run, since Konami didn't release any worthy songs.

http://hockeynet.hypermart.net/My%20Pad.jpg

I love arcades, I allways the play timecrisis games.

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

uhm have been several times
i like shooting game tho xD
and never figure out those DDR xP

well at least i try xD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.