Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Pope - Recent News and Events - Minitokyo

The Pope - Recent News and Events

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

kuroz

kuroz

Confused?

Not sure what's the point of this thread coz it seems to be one that invites flaming since it inevitably would broach on the topic of religion. (Since the significance of the Pope is in being the spiritual leader of the Roman Catholic)

Anyway, like what Aerith said, hope that he recovers. Else, dun be too sad coz death happens to everyone.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I would like to note that it is unlikely that the pope would not step down because he wants "power"... ...A guy who may be facing the end of his time in this world doesn't have much need of social/political power. ...Rather, I think this man who has given his whole life to the Church wants to ensure as bright a future for the Church as possible.

Showing the pope in his weakest state has also brought about some of the most disturbing comments from him. On the twenty third he stated homosexual marriages
are part of "a new ideology of evil" and I am unsure as to wheather or not he was lucid at that time. Though I do not share his opinion I hope he does get better.

um.. I just think I have to say something, it's just my thought, as italian, as catholic, as anything else cause doesn't really care what am I,anyway I just would say that all I read here is what I heard here too from people. I think we are all just spectators in this world, everyone with his point of view. He is just another of us and we should just respect him for that and not for the position he has in the society as anyone else

"Theory is knowledge that doesn't work. Practice is when everything works and you don't know why." (Hermann Hesse)

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

he has served the catolic comunity for so many years and knows already more than the average person....he is physically, mentaly and spiritually exhausted...

If his time comes, which "things" will happen after that.........................let him rest, he deserves it.

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

The pope is no holier then hitler
No one is holier then anouther.
The pope is a man.
Men are imperfect beings.

God created us.
REad the bible, we are equal, the pope is nothing mor ethen a man who lives within his religion professionally.

i am sure some one will disagree.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

JudgementAngel

JudgementAngel

Tsukiakari Zetsumei

Meep. Though I'm not much of a religious person anymore, I take into consideration that the rest of my family is. So that is why, I at least paid attention to the news section about the Pope. Yes, sadly it seems, the Pope's time on this earth will soon come to an end. But heck, he'll be in a better place, and even death has great meaning.

I just think he's a very good person, and would be hard to find a replacement for him. Strangely enough, as I type this, my step-grandpa is dealing with the same things as the pope. So I wish them both well. I'm not a Catholic, but I do recognize when a person is an important part of the world's stability and peace, and I think the Pope is definitely that. I wish him well on his road to recovery.

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

first of all i am an atheist.
well he alone has chosen this path....i ment the god has chosen him, he has chosen him to suffer (because he suffers you know, he is so sick but he must still keep on working. he will die from to much work and not from the illnes if you ask me).
when he will die he will die happy _thinking_ he will go to god.
so that's my opinion on the whole thing <.<

Silenius

Silenius

S.T.A.R.S. Member

Well i don't believe in god, and i hate the church(as an institution), not the pope as well, i see that is a very old person who needs to rest, He charges a big weight in his back, he should leave all that behind if he want to live more time, ov course he is not gonna do that.
Many people hates him, and i really feel pity about him, i rememeber have seen him alive when i was a kid (was soo borring anyway), i was standing with my parents about 2 hours just to see him in a rush over a car because there was many people, at that time i was thinking if maybe he will let me se god (i was a child u know).
I think that he's a very good person even if i'm not on the way he walks, may your god bless you pope!

well I do happen to be a Catholic. As a person and a religious leader I admire Pope John Paul II. There have been some currupt or otherwise less desirable popes in church history, but I think hes one of the better ones. Hes led a very inspiring life, and has stood as a figure for peace and love, even back before he was pope. His life is really pretty interesting, living in Poland during World War II, having jewish friends who were discriminated and even himself discrimnated as a Catholic during the war, joining and underground semenary to become a priest, being shot and hit by cars at diffrent times. Hes stood many tests of faith and has helped progress the church in many ways, and has held stedfast his beliefs even in the face of suffering. I could go on about other things about him, such as his parkensins(sp?) desease and other such things. As you can tell I particularly admire him, and not just because he is the Pope and my leader. In any case, I hope he holds on, I don't know what the next Pope will be like or who it will be, can only pray that the next guy is nearly as good as he is.

Quote by melmachine18If the pope is unable to ward off diseases, then it is likely that his
future isn't looking too good. I don't want to offend anyone nor do I
mean to be pessimistic by saying this, but his chances are not looking
too good. However, if he undergoes that surgery or transplant or
whatever he needs to be able to live, his life may be artifically
prolonged.

I'm Catholic. That really shouldn't offend anyone (^_^). We are concerned for his health and I pray for him.

"May the aquisition of wealth no longer be your driving force." - freshblueO2

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa

I'm sorry for the Pope, but I think he's very lucky to be lucid at his age. I think it's normal when somebody is old to have health problems.

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

I'm catholic, but not exactly the religious type. I do care about people though

Anyways, poor pope... Hope he gets better. There's value in all life; besides, there's still a lot of good that the pope can do for the Catholic community and anyone else (plenty can be done as even an inspirational figure), even in his age. I do hope he get's better.

Hope I didn't say anything offensive (doubt it, though); these are just my views.

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

yea smae here I was once a christian but not anymore I do however care for his health and wonder who it is that will replace him when his time is up(and before!! anyone starts making stupid complaints I am not suggesting anything by that last statement along the lines that his time is nearly up) the pope is a very important person so the effect of his death will have quite a large effect and hope that when his death comes it will be peacefull and gentle one

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Just to let every know... the pope might pass away this weekend or today even. But it's all over the news if any of you are listening or watching.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

God saves the pope

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

Uh ya well, for those of you who don't know much about the pope, he's got pretty strong willpower. One reason is because he's the holy man, and second is that he's been through a lot. He even got shot once and lived through. Ya the guy's kinda old but I've got a feeling if everyone prays to him (or at least thinks of him) he'll rise and live again. Most people probably don't want the pope to die because of one, choosing another pope will be pretty hard and second, John Paul II is one the few popes who had a long reign. Just thinking about having a different pope will be hard because there could be a lot of contraversies. I just hope the pope will live.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Although the pope may pass soon, I'm sure he looks forward to an eternal life with God. I suppose I'll be okay whether the pope remains with us here or passes on.

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

The poor Pope.... his life is slowly being taken by God.... but i do believe he deserves to be with God... he`s a good man.

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I never seen a person as great as John Paul II. Even as a Catholic, he befriended and supported anyone, regardless of their religion. Even when he was shot, he forgave the shooter. Even when he's ill, he is determined to fulfill his duties. Everyone will be affected by his passing because he touched everyone in this world. I hope that when he passes away, he will finally have the peace he deserves with God.

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

Just take this minute while you are reading this to pray for John Paul the 2nd. He is, without any doubt, one of the most charismatic person to spread a message of love and hope for the humanity. He leaves a legacy for all of us and We shall learn that everyone must live in peace, liberty and love. Lets pray for him and for the world that he helped to change. We love you John Paul the 2nd. God bless him forever.

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

ahhhh! The Pope's gonna die! Just kiding! Just kiding! But yes let us hope for the best for the Pope.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The pope will be in everyone's hearts. Although I'm not a sentimental person, I will send everyone my regards for this event.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.