Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What music instrument do you play and how good? - Minitokyo

What music instrument do you play and how good?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

i can play quite a bit of piano (stopped long time ago at grade 4-5) and of course keyboard is quite similar to piano ^^ so i can play it too
i wanna learn drums and violin now...

Signature

Ryuujin

Ryuujin

Prolific Ghost

I can play the guitar... kinda.. it's been awhile since I played it so, my skills in that sucks. I used to play the clarinet.. alot good that did xd... but yeah, I wouldn't mind learning an instrument now, like the violin, maybe the cello, or maybe even the piano!

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I play the violin :D . Currently, I'm at grade 3 but I'm hoping to achieve higher in the future. I'm taking lessons now..... I'd give anything to learn how to play the piano!! T_T

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Does Propellerheads' Reason count as an instrument? ^^;; 'Cause that's the only thing I am playing. But I'm looking into an electronic drum kit to accompany it.

But just for the record, I started playing the piano and guitar several years ago, but never seriously got into it.

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

Hmm... well I've played the guitar for about 5 years now... I taught myself and most people like the originality of my style. I know many great guitarists but I can give them a run for their money. Ah, I sound so vain! ^_^' Anyway, I write my music on the piano/keybaord now, so I taught myself to play that also... I'm not that good, but I can play what I need to. I would only play the guitar in public at this stage though. Music is my greatest talent.

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The contents of this thread are similar to that of a recent thread:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/16135/

Use the search function to see if a thread exists.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Wow XavierCrow >.< never knew you are so talented.. you can write a song ?????
Oops, sorry, I am just not careful enough to post same topic in another thread.. Hm.. just wait till they close it then...

Signature

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I play the piano and I've been playing the piano for almost ten years. I am pretty good in the piano, though I think I can do better. I used to play the saxophone and I'm thinking of playing it again.

I play the piano and guitar... but I can only really consider them side skills. I can't play extremely well... but I'm not horrible either. I started playing the piano about ten years ago. I say "started" because I haven't been playing regularly since then. It's the same thing for the guitar, but for four years.

Don't pinch me, I'd rather be dreaming.

I've learned the following by myself:

Piano - not so good, but i can play a couple of tunes
Guitar - moderately good
Drums - very good (what can I say? i'm good at hitting things! :D)

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Eh, I tot they are gg to close this thread already ?
Anyway, piano and guitar seems so common i wonder why

Signature

XavierCrow

From Angel to Vigilante

Yeah, that's why I haven't posted here since... I didn't want to 'upset' the mods. Meh, who cares. Anyway, I'd say the reason for Piano players being common is due to the simplicity and versatility of the instrument. There's something addictive about hitting a key to create a sound. Also, the Piano was much loved in 'ye olde' times... I guess the aura it had has stuck with it. The guitar's just cool! XP Nah, I'm going to say that the reasons are pretty much the same as the piano. The guitar's versatility is incredible and it's a simple instrument with a great sound. The piano's more frowned upon these days though... it's considered uncool... don't know why. :(

In the end, all there is, is what exists and what we believe or perceive is true... and there's no distinctions between the two.
- Myself

Quote by tarereni can play quite a bit of piano (stopped long time ago at grade 4-5)
and of course keyboard is quite similar to piano ^^ so i can play it
too

you've pulled every word out of my mouth, cept that i want to get back into piano

Holt

Holt

pffft

Quote by tarereni can play quite a bit of piano (stopped long time ago at grade 4-5)
and of course keyboard is quite similar to piano ^^ so i can play it
too

I've played piano almost 12 years now so I think I'm pretty good :D If you want qualifications, I got a diploma in performance.
I also play violin although I stopped learning at grade 6 because I just can't be bothered. Still play it in orchestras though!
I used to play drums in a band in my last school down in the middle east (I'm in the UK now). We played in a few gigs and it was really really fun.
You should definitely learn drums tareren! They're so fun to play and great for venting stress although anyone you live with and all your neighbours will hate your guts ^_^' But that's okay because you won't be able to here their whining over the sound of your music XD

Signature Image

Well, I play piano good and violin very good, I think. :\ I started to take lessons in piano for 3 years ago and violin lessons for 8 years ago.
I can also play a little guitarr, but only some tunes. I don't take lessons in that, but my dad has learn me a little. :)

See you later! :D

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

I started learning from a piano teacher about 8 or 9 yrs. ago, and I can play Mozart's Turkish March. I also can play the Super Mario theme (when I'm bored or when I want to piss my dad off a little). I've also been playing clarinet for four years, and I'm the best in my school. What I'm proud of, though, is that I can play a song by hearing it, and after that, memorizing it is only a few steps off. I can only play the melody part, though.

I <3 Super Smash :). Join the Super-Smash-Bros-Melee group!

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hey, lin1011, you are the same with me >.< I also can play melody after I heard the song .. i cannot really play the accompaniment (left hand) well -_-' though

Signature

I play the piano, but haven't played in years, so, I would not be very good if I tried to play right now.

Hm.. I can play the piano. XD Stopped at grade 6 (out of a possible 8-ish+) two, three years ago? I also played the violin for a little while. I know the basics of the clarinet.. erm. The recorder, too, is fun~<3

I mostly play by ear.. because sight-reading sheet music is very slow.. >_< <-slow reader in general.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

ive been playing the violin for about 10 years now, i consider myself decent. my troop was asked to play at Disney World for their music fest a few years ago and now we're on our second trip to Europe ^_^ its a lot more fun now than it was when i started, basically because the music is nicer

also can play the piano but am very out of practice

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Whoo, cool seiryumiko ! You ever played there ?
By troop is it a school one or what ??

Signature

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

i used to play the flute [for 1 year] then i decided to play the violin [played for 3 yrs] -- then i moved and my parents never enrolled me in orchestra at school -- so i never picked it up again T_T i dont know how to play it anymore -- T_T i wish i did though -- it's a beautiful instrument!!

In the past I could play the piano and guitar, but that was a decade ago; forgot how to play them. However, I did play the trombone for 8 years. Its great for Jazz and duets! Wish I could find a reason to start playing again

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

I've played flute for 6 years now...I'm decent...I used to be able to play Fir Elise on piano, but now I haven't played for so long, I've lost my skills lol

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.