Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ketchup or Catsup? - Minitokyo

Ketchup or Catsup?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 178 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Akaiken, don't just yell the hell there. show proof!
ask Oxford for sure, AND DON'T FOOL AROUND. if you made this person [who create this tread] fail in English test, you're to be blamed >=(

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You're asking Ken to show proof!? That guy's got a godhand with falsifying documents... and I'll doubt he'll show any real proof... he's stubborn.

And kokuyu, I won't fail in any English test... Ken knows that for sure.

And how do you guys put those large fonts here? And Ken....

its Ketchup... you continuously claim that Heinz spells it your way, well you lying mofo here's that hi-res image that pwned you're Photoshopped image:
http://members.cox.net/mtreiten/etc/images/Heinz_Shatner.jpg

Take that!

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

"Ketchup" sounds more natural, 'catsup' sounds like it has something to do with cats or something.. which makes it less appetizing...

Besides, 'ketchup' came before 'catsup': http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ket2.htm

:)

kokuyu

kokuyu

for sure of all,

Quote by world wide wordsThere were lots of other spellings, too, of which catsup is the best known, a modification of catchup. You can blame Jonathan Swift for it if you like, since he used it first in 1730: â?And, for our home-bred British cheer, Botargo, catsup, and caveerâ?. [Caveer is caviar; botargo is a fish-based relish made of the roe of the mullet or tunny.] That form was also once common in the US but is much less so these days, at least on bottle labels: all the big US manufacturers now call their product ketchup.

*nuclear gun-points at Jonathan Swift*

neeeee....i'm alright with hard-headed guys. anyway, if you wanna know, you can click 'quote' at the right side, below my post. you'll see how it's all done :)

wait, what if he cuts and pastes it, covering the 'ketchup' with 'catsup'? o_0 X-P

Signature

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Ain't that Swift guy already dead? It's no use nuking him... maybe Ken's got something to say about that...

Quote:
A bottle of Heinz Organic Ketchup. Ketchup (or less commonly catsup) also known as Red Sauce or Tomato Sauce is a popular condiment, usually made with ...

Keywords are LESS COMMONLY CATSUP because it SUCKS!

Signature

kokuyu

kokuyu

well, stick to the word with the majority's usage :)

i'll blow up his grave too, so that he doesn't exist in both worlds too X-P

Signature

I don't even know the point of the question ;o So I say... Ketchup.
Which reminds me of an old pok

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The point of this thread is to establish a clear convention on how the spell the name of the universal red condiment.

Signature

kawaiihime04

kawaiihime04

Fluffy Sesshy

catsup or ketchup- i don't care, they're both red and i put it in my mom's fried chicken. mmmhhhhh....

*and it must be tomato ketchup/catsup. i really wonder how they make it with bananas

Sometimes, the one who is good in taking care of other people is the same person who needs someone to take care of them.
>>>Mapu quote<<<

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

please don't bump old threads. Closed.

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 178 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.