Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being a Girl - Minitokyo

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Kia-san

Kia-san

Who am I again????

Quote by miyukikobayakawawell, i don't mind doing the housework, and my mother doesn't yell at me either. so i believe that's what a good japanese housewife should be, a quiet and composed woman of the house.... :D

Well, I tend to agree, with Miyu-chan here, but I tend to have more than just housework put on me. The reason is that my dad got hurt falling from a roof so he can't do much now because of his back and his foot. My mother's heart is not very strong right now because of when she had my twin sisters, she went into cardiac arrest so lot of housework and manual labor is put upon me, I'm the oldest, so I must take responsiblity. (My 13 year old brother should help with the manual labor, but he's too lazy. And he never finishes anything...Men....)

Die...Just DIE.....
-Sanzo

Siri

Siri

Suou

yeah i'm always the one asked to do the washing up
or take in the clothes
and like cleaning the sink
emptying the bins and stuff
omg if i don't do it
my bro will just let it pile up
till it overflows
god
its so annoying

and yeah my parents are like "its because you're a girl. a girl's meant to do this bla bla"
eurgh its just tiring sometimes
i'd like to have a break
i mean the reason i do a lot of it without complaining
is that if I don't do it
then MUM will have to do every thing

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

when I was growing up it was me and my brother, not my 3 sisters. Probably because we were older and more capable.

I am invincible!

Quote by arcxero

Quote by Alisha "Your a girl. Your suppost to wake up early and cook!"

Wtf is that crap? I think your parents have a slighty skewed image of the way life is nowadays.

Yes I know... -_- But you can say they have the old way of thinking.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Tradionalist thinking in the older generation is often very hard to change. But I guess a calm discussion with you parents about the issue may go a long way. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Quote by EternalParadoxTradionalist thinking in the older generation is often very hard to change. But I guess a calm discussion with you parents about the issue may go a long way. :)

I would but they'll just think I'm crazy or something. They also have a problem with not listening to the "young."

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

I have a lot of problems with my parents, because my mum is a traditionalist Chinese and my stepdad is quite old, so they're both really old-fashioned. I hate it when they treat me like "just a girl" and denouce my wishes to do boys' things. Especially my stepdad, he seems to think being a girl dictates that I should want to wear makeup and wear skirts and blah blah blah. It's so annoying.

Brownie the Cat

Quote by sadotsuI have a lot of problems with my parents, because my mum is a traditionalist Chinese and my stepdad is quite old, so they're both really old-fashioned. I hate it when they treat me like "just a girl" and denouce my wishes to do boys' things. Especially my stepdad, he seems to think being a girl dictates that I should want to wear makeup and wear skirts and blah blah blah. It's so annoying.

Yeah same here. My parents are like the traditional asian parents.... *sigh*

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Both the Asian cultures I've experienced first hand, Chinese and Japanese, have very defined views of a woman's role. In my view, they're quite old fashioned and fail to see the vast changes in recent years.

Too bad sometimes old(er) people don't like to change their views because they just don't understand all that well what is going on. -_-

But go Alisha go! Woot for the "All American Chick." lol

That was a well intended joke by the way.

EternalParadox

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Quote by AlishaYeah same here. My parents are like the traditional asian parents.... *sigh*

XD Hiya Alisha! Just thought i drop by and see if i can lean a helping hand. ^^I think you should have a talk with ur mom. Kinda like set a limit to what u have to do, Just talk it over with her i'm sure she will understand. ANd if not just rebel & see how that takes u XD.

Quote by EternalParadoxBoth the Asian cultures I've experienced first hand, Chinese and Japanese, have very defined views of a woman's role. In my view, they're quite old fashioned and fail to see the vast changes in recent years.

I think all asian cultures have this way of saying "wemon do this and men do that." I guess that's just the way they where raised. But sometimes it just seems that they need to grow out of it.

Quote by EternalParadoxToo bad sometimes old(er) people don't like to change their views because they just don't understand all that well what is going on. -_-
But go Alisha go! Woot for the "All American Chick." lol
That was a well intended joke by the way.

*laughs* Yeah go American Chick! It's alrigt I know it's a joke. ;)

AnimeAlchemist

AnimeAlchemist

The Alchemy Mystery of Anime

Quote by Alisha

Quote by EternalParadoxUh, I'm a guy and I still get yelled at to do things around the house. -_-
i don't think this is just a girl problem.

Yeah I guess. But for my family it isn't that way. All the girls are suppost to do all the cooking and cleaning while the guys to all the "manly" stuff.

you read my mind EternalParadox..i have a younger brother, 2 years younger he doesn't do ANY work around the house i do almost everything (not cooking,i'm not very good...i can cook basic dishes tho)and my parents yells my name every 10 minutes from afterschool to 11 at night.*sigh* i feel your pain. many of my other friends have this problem also (guy friends)

Quote by AnimeAlchemistyou read my mind EternalParadox..i have a younger brother, 2 years younger he doesn't do ANY work around the house i do almost everything (not cooking,i'm not very good...i can cook basic dishes tho)and my parents yells my name every 10 minutes from afterschool to 11 at night.*sigh* i feel pain.

Awww..... Poor AnimeAlchemist. But I know how you feel. But my mom can't say my name without screaming it. o_0

Quote by Keough

Quote by AlishaXD Hiya Alisha! Just thought i drop by and see if i can lean a helping hand. ^^I think you should have a talk with ur mom. Kinda like set a limit to what u have to do, Just talk it over with her i'm sure she will understand. ANd if not just rebel & see how that takes u XD.

he he.... Yeah and if that dosen't work I'll rebel!!! Nah just kiding.

Everytime I try to have a "talk" with them they don't listent to me. -_-

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

Quote by AlishaBut my mom
can't say my name without screaming it. o_0

...hm...what does your mother do for you and the other members of the family? Perhaps she feels overtaxed...

Quote by Minato

Quote by AlishaBut my momcan't say my name without screaming it. o_0

...hm...what does your mother do for you and the other members of the family? Perhaps she feels overtaxed...

Yeah maybe. But that dosen't mean she needs other people to do things she can.

FyeTsukishiro

FyeTsukishiro

Hikaru Hoshi Shooting Star

Well I think that is about culture, I understand you my mother does the same, I'm the oldest and the only woman so my mother expects I do everything perfect because my brothers are men and they don't have to do things as good as women, I don't understand why... ~_~

Meteorain

Meteorain

Celestial Judgement

I'm a dude, and I get yelled at more than my sister. Although I still don't do the things anyway. But that's not the point. The point is....erm....actually.....wtf....girls do ahve to cook, and clean and stuff >_< but I suppose boys can help aswell.
The only thing I do in the house, is make sure the famales dnt kill the computer, and mow the lawn.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I don't mind doing housework, it's just a section of being part of a family.
Though I think I am quite spoilt, so I don't have to do much anyway. XD
*luffs being an only child.*

- This Free Life Crisis -

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

Hey I'm an only child that's done lots of housework. Though I so often wish I had a little brother and a little sister, just so I can boss them to help me each other against the tyranny of my parents. ;) lol jk jk

Though I do wish I had siblings.

EternalParadox

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

awwww...i understand your pain alisha!
i come from a pretty traditional korean family, and as a girl...i'm expected to cater to my father and do all the household things...but i've always been resistant to that and am a spoiled brat, so i got away from having to do a lot of the household work. but my gramms never fails to mention that i'm so "undomesticated" and can't even cook that i'll never get a husband....lol!! like i care, i want a husband who can cook and take care of me anyways!

but now that i'm older and see how hard my gramms and dad works everyday...while i'm back in school and not earning much money...i think the least i can do is help out around the house...ie mopping, vacuuming, laundry, dishes (cuz i can't cook), taking out the trash, etc. now i feel grateful that they're not charging me "rent" for still staying at home, and they don't expect anything from me financially, which is a god send for me since i'm a poor student once again.

and perhaps your parents have very high expectations of you, and want you to have experience in both worlds...both domestically and in other areas of your life. often times because parents think so highly of their child, they expect him/her to do so much without realizing that they're also stressing out their kid at the same time. personally, if i didn't think much of someone, i wouldn't expect much from that person and wouldn't ask them to do much, either. but your siblings should definitely be helping you out...otherwise that's just not a fair situation for you and you gotta say something to them and your parents!

Quote by EternalParadoxHey I'm an only child that's done lots of housework. Though I so often wish I had a little brother and a little sister, just so I can boss them to help me each other against the tyranny of my parents. ;) lol jk jk
Though I do wish I had siblings.

i second that...i wish i had siblings to help me out... XD

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

rythem

rythem

icon by trowicia@eljay

eheh,I have two older sisters...but I live with one sis only n my mom..
so jobs r given depends whom my mom sees first XD lol

Signature

Raby-en-Rose

Raby-en-Rose

Miss Rabit, Miss World

Well.... this is SO strange.... byes:P

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Yep *nods* being a girl is very difficult, I have to help things around the house, have to take care of the others when mom is not home. But all those things I do just because I feel responsible, not because I'm forced to do. My mom just told me that she needed me, she never yells at me when I can not help something because she knows at that moment I'm busy. I definitely don't want to be bossed around, it's hard to make me angry but if I am, I will do nothing and that wouldn't be good 'cause it would not go away soon since I'm really mad >.<

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by EternalParadoxUh, I'm a guy and I still get yelled at to do things around the house. -_-

i don't think this is just a girl problem.

Same goes for me as for Paradox
even though i'm a guy i'm the one that every one tells to do a lot of stuff around the house at times...then again it might be because i'm the youngest in the family...

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.