Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bomb Blasts in London - Minitokyo

Bomb Blasts in London

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 190 total items

zone12

*confused*

I was in america when the bombs went off. Came back to the uk the day after. The were some bomb scares in maidstone yesterday. I think that from now till the Olympic games we are going to get incidents like this.

visit the MT-UK and Userpage Skin Designs groups while your here
click here for my background without the clutter (please don't copy i spent time making this)

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by littlejonny100Everyones intitled to an opinion and i'll listen to your if you don't
go off at mine..... lots of people died....30 something at the
moment.... of 6 billion on earth, not bad odds? I just think it's
selfish that people say it's horrible in londone but if a bus load of
islamics blew up in irag many wouldn't care at all. If your going to
care about people in this world you should care about all of them. I
agree that it's bad that a few bombs went off in one day but how many
bombs are going off in their country all day everyday..... The empathy
people are showing is human nature but unfortunately so is revenge....
It's human nature and unfortunately it will never stop. If you worry
about all the bad in the world you'll spend your life depressed.
"May he who has never sinned throw the first stone"

You're correct about one thing. You are entitled to your opinion... but in your narrow-minded haste you missed the fact that it's not the amount of people who died, or how they died. It's the fact that people were killed. Whether it's in Iraq or London, by "natural" causes or man-made. The horror is the loss of life, and the only reason people like you can sound-off so calously without any kind of empathy is because you don't know anyone who has been hurt or killed or effected by it.

I know people who have been effected by both the Tsunami and the bomb on the bus in Tavistock Square. Last night my entire city was evacuated because the police received coded threats about times and places of potential explosions ~ thankfully nothing happened and nobody was hurt. It doesn't matter "where" or "how" friends and relatives were killed ~ it's just that they were killed.

People are in pain and need to grieve. So if you insist on thrusting your ignorant opinion at others at the most inappropriate time then don't be surprised when their opinions to come flooding back at you. You have your right to speak, but so do they. You can pretend you're a jaded know-it-all, but you're not; you'rejust inexperienced. Live life a little, make friends, fall in love, get your heart broken, feel the pain of loss when somebody close to you dies... Pretend how you don't care when you see someone you love lying cold and watching the colour literally drain out of them in the moments after they've died. Then tell us how insignificant it is for one person to die as opposed to 20,000.

It makes no difference, because the pain felt by those left behind is still the same.

Absolutely devastating.

Atma

Atma

Storm Walker

I was actually surprised when they found evidence of possible al-qaeda involvement. I'm not sure why, I suppose I just assume that the culprits would be IRA related. They seemed to be the right idiots for the job.

Speaking of idiots...

Quote: Idont even pray because im not a christin and just 2 let u know Like some old dead guy said "There will never be peace as long as men rule the world"so basically y pray y do anythang everythang is going 2 die thx 2 president bush for brains in office he will start the 3rd werld war and we all gonna die by the russians who are going 2 convert back 2 Communism and bring back up the soviet union and then shoot nukes at us same with north koriea they will also and we all gonna DIE

Are you some Cro Magnum that stumbled out of a refrigerator? Your ramblings are nothing more than a clear view of what your tiny mind thinks the situation is. You probably don't even know what communism really is, and you clearly have no clue about tactics.

MAD, mutual assured destruction. I suggest you find out what this means and remember this. This, as well as the lack of any true lunatics in command of a countries with nuclear armaments, is the only thing that can protect the world from nuclear war in its current state of affairs.

Signature Image
Proud member of Section 9

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by AtmaMAD, mutual assured destruction. I suggest you find out what this means and remember this. This, as well as the lack of any true lunatics in command of a countries with nuclear armaments, is the only thing that can protect the world from nuclear war in its current state of affairs.

Ironically, it's the only thing that has historical precedence as such. ...Of course there was loss of life in other coutries like Korea, Viet Nam and Afghanistan... ...All of which ended up grinding between superpowers... ...But it got us through the Cold War. ...I really am grateful to President Regan for all he did in this matter. ...Gorbechev (sp/I think that's the right name) & Regan managed to let people sleep at night once again...

(Sigh... ...Not to detract from this thread though.... ...I wonder if I should post this at all...)

Horrible or not, I logically thought to myself that something like this will happen. Why? because of one major fact, the UK supported the war in Iraq. This event happens to be just like the same thing as the Madrid bombings. Spain supported the war in Iraq, and was a target to unsuspected or suspected "terrorists". Next thing you know, something like this could happen to us in America besides the dreadful 9/11.

Make no mistake, I'm also very sympathetic to the victims of any crisis, including the Madrid bombings and the current London bombings.

I send out love and prayers to everyone.
I wish this world would figure out how to stop hating each other.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I understand that this could have been directly linked to the UK supporting the war on Iraq, but to think that it wouldn't have happened anyway is a little naive.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

AnimeHero

AnimeHero

The Man of Few Words!

My Nan lives near London I hope she isn't hurt!

I'm BACK!
NEW USERPAGE COMING SOON!

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by Aa-chanIt is a testament to the hard work of the rescuse crews that London is already getting back up and running.

As well as a testament to the resilience of the British people, especially the Londoners.

As Queen Elizabeth said, "we have been here before."

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I'd left London on the previous day, so thankfully i wasn't caught up in the chaos.

There are a few of my friends who are still in London however, one of whom i can't get in contact with. I really hope she's ok.... :(

Biologically speaking, if something bites you, its probably female.

It kind of affects me... makes me feel a bit sad for them.

I wonder if those UKers even cared about the WTCs being blown up. I live in NY and also my mom works close to where the WTCs used to stand, but w/e. She wasnt hurt thats all i really care about.

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

i kno, i saw it on the news! its so sad! :(

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

I saw it on the news and heard it on the radio since the UK bombings. They interviewed an Australian that escaped the bombings just in a nick of time. I felt sorry for that guy and everyone else who got caught up in that experience. They all have my sympathy. =(

Although I'm kinda skeptical that Al Quaeda did this- its that easy to point fingers and accuse... :\

Best wishes for recovery to the ones that are affected due to this cowardly, inhumane act.

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

I heard about it!! I'm so sorry I hope that everyone is alright. I just wish this would all stop soon.

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

News Flash, 21 July, 2005

Today, 4 more explosions rocked London, in a style grimly similar to 7-7. They were smaller explosions, but 3 were on the Tube, 1 on a bus.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4703777.stm

Guess they still haven't apprehended all of the terrorists from 7-7. Or this could be a copy cat plot.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

According to what I heard, one of the explosives used was the same as the one used two weeks ago, which could mean it's the same people that attacked two weeks ago.

MysteryAngel

MysteryAngel

Kurai utsukushisa

At least its not as bad as the bombs two weeks ago. There was one man injured but not killed.

Signature Image

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

there's another bomb blast today in London!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by itsbigdanthere's another bomb blast today in London!

yep.

our daily routine is once again messed up.

i've been scared to go near buses lately.

in my mind... "any dark skin with a beard carrying a rucksack is a terrorist about to go suicide"

the police were really going nuts today.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm - man shot dead at Stockwell by plain clothed officers.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

i had to say this. that is a cute avy, Aa-chan.

one of my dad's friend works in the force of the "shoot to kill policy".

i wish all the police were armed.

unfortunely the police are on horses and leave horse crap outside my house! (on the road)

looks like it's gonna be like the old IRA bombings. those times, people were really scared.

My friend live there, too.
I think she will use bicycle for a long time after this situation.

page 8 of 8 « Previous 1... 4 5 6 7 8 190 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.