Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guns...should they be in every household? - Minitokyo

Guns...should they be in every household?

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I believe that any person who wants to have a gun in their home should have the right to own one. However, I think the purchase of a gun should require that the purchaser prove their ability to use it correctly and intentionally. I have shot a gun. It is not easy to hit what you are aiming at unless you practice a great deal. I think you have to prove that you will practice and take care of your firearm before you purchase one. And if you don't feel comfortable using one then you should not have one. If you find them frightening, then you will just get yourself in trouble. Guns are weapons of death. They can be used in many ways.

It is of course ridiculous to hold a tool responsible for its own misuse as so many of the previous posters seem to. Many people especially children shoot themselves and others because they are too uneducated to use them appropriately. How is an inanimate object responsible for its own use? It is the responsibility of the owner to control a gun's use. If your child manages to find your gun, load it, and shoot themselves with it, I've got to wonder what sort of parent you are. Guns should n-e-v-e-r be kept loaded. Even if your kid somehow managed to steal the key to your gun case and get the gun out, if it is not loaded then it should not cause a problem. If case you don't know, most modern gun have clips (not revolvers of course). It actually takes strength to load bullets in a clip. I would think that a responsible parent who explains that guns are not toys in a realistic serious and ungentle manner, then keeps their unloaded guns locked up would not have any problems. And before you forget, you as a parent are responsible for knowing where your children are. If you child goes to someone elses house to play, then maybe you should ask them if they have guns and if they keep them appropriately contained. I grew up with guns in the house as my father is a serious hunter. I never once thought I should play with them and neither did my very troublesome bother. My dad took one out a showed us what it was (which eliminated the need for curiousity) and then proceeded to clean it in front of us while explaining what the dangers were. He treated it like the dangerous object it could be and that transferred to us.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

I don't belive people should kill each other so I don't think we should have a gun. Maybe unloaded one for just threatening the thief. Self-defense is not a crime they say in law, but killing is still a crime no matter what the law says.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

Quote: Self-defense is not a crime they say in law, but killing is still a crime no matter what the law says.

tell that to the military. . .

theres no possible way that no one would have a gun

first of all, theres the military, and they need guns
second, japan has an anti-gun law, and they're still gun related-crimes
third, theres something called the black market

nothing is impossible to get; just look at the US, we have a law against full auto weapons, yet people can still get them

hell, i saw a video of an 8-year-old shooting off an M203 40mm grenade launcher!

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

I've only individually guestposted my thoughts on each replier's opinion, but here's something some of you posters should think about:

*I don't think there's such thing as a place with people with no guns
*Martial arts = get killed before you even make a move.
*Uninformed + irresponsible adults = gun misusage.

Just thought I'd say something about some of your arguments XD

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

zimmer

zimmer

uk.myspace.com/zairidesign

gun noun
1 a weapon with a metal tube which bullets or shell are fired by means of a small explosion.
2 a device for discharging something in a required direction.

verb (guns, gunning, gunned)
(gun down) injure or kill with a gun.
~gun dog a dog train to collect game that has been shot.
~jump the gun act before the proper or right time.
~stick to your guns refuse to compromise.

Guns...should they be in every household?
Big NO no NO noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

'Some' country are outdated or get left behind.
Other 'normal' nation, guns are already been BAN for the public.
Since the banning crime rate went down dramaticly.

'Homiside' case went 0%.The forensic lab (CSI) people can play golf everyday.

Gun as it origin and 'purpose' is only use for one single thing. TO KILL !

In 'some' nation, where guns are largely produce. Corruption is all time high.
Thats why the Law on guns in never taken place.

If there wasn't any guns then it would be like the old days when people would attack people with swords and knives and how about CLUBs. That would be different if we didn't shoot each but hit each other with axes like the good old days.

umm 2 things
1. isnt it funny that allot of liberals are against guns....ei their ideology is "every1 do whateva they want"

2. in america do u have a prob like this?
guy tries to thive your house...you shot him(spine breaks)..he sues you and you have to pay him :(
chances are higher that if you use (execive force?!) to defend property youll be in worse hole than the thief. love the law ei? :D

hmm personally most thiefs dun wana kill you family...if both parties have a gun you might die well 50% chance at best. remember hes actually used it before while youve only used it on target prctice. now about property...most of it you can get inssurence and get it replaced.
now the downside of guns is all em incidents at schools. not sure if they still happen as often but those kids that die...die for eva. no insurence policy will bring em back.

btw sally what you said about the arts isnt true..
they got training in knife, gun and martial weapons. and if you got a bloolet proof vest(if you conceal it) 80% chance they will not kill you.
and you need like 2 seconds next to they to kill em.*getting ready for all the unbelievers that wont believe the last bit*

*sigh
ok places without guns kinda exist. the army, police still have em. guns are banned here(australia and most likely some scandinavian countries also)

im not american thats why i wont say i disagree or not. It is a part of your culture ie right to bear arms.
point to ponder... if every us citizen has a gun then in my mind they can defend themselves hence not civilian anymore. im sure people will have opinions on this

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

I hate guns. Personally I would never own one.

Signature

There's two ways to fix the problems with guns. A) Ban them or B) Everyone has one.

I rather people go into a stab-happy society than a trigger-happy one. More fair.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I agree with citizens owning and maintainging personal/private firearms. I would also like to see civilians permitted to use flashbangs in the home. ...Although goodness knows folks will find interesting ways to screw that up too.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

HAHA! i can see the label on the flashbang! "may cause temporary blindness, deafness, and disorientation. keep away from children!"

LOL

Quote: they got training in knife, gun and martial weapons. and if you got a bloolet proof vest(if you conceal it) 80% chance they will not kill you.

even a bulletproof vest wont protect you from being knocked down and out of breath; and while you're gasping for air the theif will walk over and put a bullet in your head

Signature

PersocomChi

PersocomChi

Flame Haze

I wonder why they created gunz in the first place. Is it because to defend themselves from others? Well it doesnt seem like it, the gun had created disputes in our society and because of these disputes weapons such as tanks, nukes were also developed. If we alll have guns in our homes then what is the point of police? We can all go out and bring out gunz and shoot the theif or criminal.. there wont even be a need for justice.. well this example is very extreme. But if every household has a gun, then there will even be more insecurity because you will know the other house has a gun and that house as a gun too and so on. People will be afraid and eventually someone will explode and there will be fights again. Another point would be if someone is arguing with another person, let say a car crash.. if the guy is well pissed and he know guns are legal then he could just stick his gun out and shoot the other guy, well sure he will go to jail but because of the gun it made him take this action.

just my opinion.. i dont even think gunz are helpful in our soceity we dont need them, or weapons it will just make more disputes. If we dont have such weapons, there wont be war, everything can be resolve demacratically because sacraficing lives will solve the problem but why do that when you can solve them in a peaceful way so there wont be lives lost? I'm sure here everyone values thier own life...

Signature

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

true, but none of that will ever happen: there are millions of AK47s alone, which makes it impossible to destroy them all, much less rid every single gun in the world

secondly, war will never stop: its part of human nature

third, a gun is really just a glorified bow and arrow, so we might as well get rid of thelm too, right?

fourth, if we do get rid of weapons, what the hell are we supposed to hunt with? and technically, your arms, legs, and head can be weapons, so we might as well cut them off so we cant start fist fights (i know thats an extreme example, but it should get the point across)

Signature

it depends on the culture and country....
i dont think there should be gun in every household ,IMO
cuz rite now, where im living its total peace... i've nvr heard a gunshot in my life ( is that bad? ) except from tv or games...

its cuz da goverment doesnt allow it, and IMO the police are doing a great job ensuring minimal guns are smuggled into da country...

but depending on the situation, perhaps guns are needed in households who are in a dangerous area ><

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

So many clueless comments... only the people who grew up with guns seem to have anything other than vague opinions that violence is bad (oh & one guy who talked about the Swiss).

There's the old adage, 'guns don't kill, people do.' It's right - the kids who kill themselves, the people who don't know how to use them, false security, all comes about because of the people. A gun is a tool, & like any other dangerous tool you should know how to use it before having one.

People who say rubbish about the US having high murders & banning countries not - you quote quantities, not percentages. The percentages are much closer. But Switzerland has one of the lowest percentages in the world, & owning (& learning about) guns is basically mandatory there. Again, it's not the guns, it's the people. The US has a lot of violence in general, guns are just the tools that get used.

Please try not to demonise the things... I know it's fashionable, but they're a tool. Without them, the real problem (people) would find another tool, say, knives, sticks, whatever; & that tool would see just as much ineptitude & misuse as guns do.

In answer to the original question, yes, I do believe you should be able to possess firearms in the home. I just think you're a fool of the worst kind (I could say much worse words but my post would be deleted) if you don't learn about them, keep them securely & responsibly, & teach your kids etc. about them. In other words all the things the 'gun nuts' in the US generally do.

anty

anty

no no and no, ppl think its cool to hae it bec of tv or internet or because they want to protect their familys or themselves but thats not the right way to do it. guns shluld be made ilegal everywhere round the world bec its only for killing and bad carma.

So long as you do it your way it is good, but if you dont it is just all crap :P
(-_-")--> well whatever, but it sounds good hehe......

I have no problem with it. There will be guns in my house and I'll make sure my family knows how to use them. This world isn't pretty, and I think the protection is necessary. There are measures a family can take to protect their child from playing with the gun and getting shot; the main measure is teaching them about it. Otherwise, locks are one's best bet.

If guns are outlawed, the "innocent" people will be forced to give them up while the black market will still put them in the hands of the bad people. Like drugs, if you want them enough, you can get your paws on them. Thus, criminals will always have the upperhand.

I'm proud of America's second amendment. The forefathers didn't put it in the constitution for nothing.

Quote by FredGregSo many clueless comments... only the people who grew up with guns seem to have anything other than vague opinions that violence is bad (oh & one guy who talked about the Swiss).

There's the old adage, 'guns don't kill, people do.' It's right - the kids who kill themselves, the people who don't know how to use them, false security, all comes about because of the people. A gun is a tool, & like any other dangerous tool you should know how to use it before having one.

People who say rubbish about the US having high murders & banning countries not - you quote quantities, not percentages. The percentages are much closer. But Switzerland has one of the lowest percentages in the world, & owning (& learning about) guns is basically mandatory there. Again, it's not the guns, it's the people. The US has a lot of violence in general, guns are just the tools that get used.

Please try not to demonise the things... I know it's fashionable, but they're a tool. Without them, the real problem (people) would find another tool, say, knives, sticks, whatever; & that tool would see just as much ineptitude & misuse as guns do.

In answer to the original question, yes, I do believe you should be able to possess firearms in the home. I just think you're a fool of the worst kind (I could say much worse words but my post would be deleted) if you don't learn about them, keep them securely & responsibly, & teach your kids etc. about them. In other words all the things the 'gun nuts' in the US generally do.

wow ur very nice...
but the thing you forget that as a general rule thives who have guns are as skilled or more skilled than normal people. dont say shit like i havent grown up with guns mate.
(i know you werent singaling me out.)
i grew up in a country were guns were everywere and a person diing on the street or any1 'disapearing' was like normal. And my folks and me dont believe in caring guns for protection. coz thives usually work in groups that could mean its 3 guns verses one gun. those odds are not that good.

dayspa

FOLLOW THE WHiTE RABBiT ... o_O

Quote: Statistically Speaking
Doctors:
(A) The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14%
Above Statistics courtesy of the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services

Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000 (yes that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%
Above Statistics courtesy of the FBI

Conclusion:
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

(:

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Quote by pepeowow ur very nice...
but the thing you forget that as a general rule thives who have guns are as skilled or more skilled than normal people. dont say shit like i havent grown up with guns mate.
(i know you werent singaling me out.)
i grew up in a country were guns were everywere and a person diing on the street or any1 'disapearing' was like normal. And my folks and me dont believe in caring guns for protection. coz thives usually work in groups that could mean its 3 guns verses one gun. those odds are not that good.

Yeah, that wasn't exactly pleasant was it... sorry. I don't mean to single anyone out (thanks for realising that), I just get annoyed by the idealistic notion that banning guns would fix everything, & even more so when people act as though the gun is the real problem - I mean, sure, they enable worse action, but they don't force it, you choose to hurt someone.

Your country doesn't sound nice, but the guns there are still a tool, & their use is a product of the culture & society. They make that violence worse, but that sounds like the sort of place where the same thing used to happen with swords or whatever; see what I mean?

I personally wouldn't want to carry a gun for protection from people. Like you say, it's really no use. Recreational use of air rifles is it for me, unless I become a farmer or decide to go hiking in Canada alone (not likely).

I'll stop here because I've ended up stating the same point: blame the wielder, not the weapon. I still think you should have the right to have one, but not to use it on a person.

You know, I'm from the US and in the past 4 years where I have been living I have heard of one major gun related incident...in the state(which is the size of many small countries). That incident was a young man that ran into a mall shooting an AK for no reason. An armed citizen protected people inside of a clothing store, but didn't shoot at the criminal(he said he would have shot if the guy came his way). 6 people were still injured, one quite badly. But this happened once since I've lived here. I don't hear of accidental discharges that kill kids at all, as it is extemely rare(more so than a child drinking some chemical and dying). The fact is, that maybe all of you guys from other countries should come here, and you'll see that even though many people own guns, people aren't getting into old west gun battles. It isn't dangerous to walk the streets, and no, people here don't obsess about violence and war. Drunk driving kills far more people in far more counties than guns do(not warzones), and yet no one bans it. It isn't benificial to anyone and it actually hurts the human body. Alchohol is purely recreational, but try banning that-it didn't work when we did.

Guns are part of our society and spawn many debates in the US. But judge lest not you be judged-France has always been one of the biggest detractors on our culture, society, and policies. But they have had nation wide riots over the deaths of two young men, and I have heard(from a person that lived there) that it is because immigrants aren't treated so well. But will I bash France, no. I'm not saying anyone was stereotyping the US on purpose, but only because they don't know that its as normal here as it is where you live. For example, I went to Australia last year for a month and a half-I was up in Brisbane, Scholl Water Bay, and the Gold Coast. It was like the US except Aussies drive on the left side of the road. People were nice there, I loved it. Did I gasp a sigh of relief that I was safe...no, because I'm in just as much danger there as I am here...and that isn't a lot. The only people that would advocate banning something, live in fear of it; thinking of every negative thing that could happen. Is a foreign invasion going to happen, probably not. Is there going to be a revolution, probably not. Has anyone ever broken into my house,in all my life(in 5 different states), no.

But I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Quote by JLSL For example, I went to Australia last year for a month and a half-I was up in Brisbane, Scholl Water Bay, and the Gold Coast. It was like the US except Aussies drive on the left side of the road. People were nice there, I loved it. Did I gasp a sigh of relief that I was safe...no, because I'm in just as much danger there as I am here...and that isn't a lot.

should of warned me and other not to drink during reading of your post...almost chocked ;) should of visited Sydney
we had riots :D
french ones were allot better..our ones lasted for 2 nights :(

about your example....*shock*

y do people have ak rifles?!(he got owned by the recoil i bet..hehe)

im asuming it the old model that has like 30 bullets per clip

but still why? what ur gona try to defend your home from an invasion....unless you live in chechnia or iraq you dont need a freeking assault rifle! why not just get a LAw(something...its a anti-light armour rocket launcher)

but yeah i totally agree that its beta to have em and not use em...

People can own semi automatic rifles in the US, unless they are in Nevada where owning a fully automatic rifle is legal. My father has an AK, but doesn't go around killing stuff, he also has an AR15(civilian M-16) and many other fire arms-around 30 now. He has never gone on a shooting spree or had anyone hurt by his weapons. He does it for a hobbie, he loves shooting as much as Australians like football and Beer and boy do they like beer and football :)
As well as a Hobbie, firearms are a sound investment because if kept in original condition, their value only goes up. FYI when I was in Iraq, our Battalion found mint contition British Sten guns from WW2. These sub machineguns are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. No gunsmith or sporting goods store owner sells his guns knowing they will kill someone, as the great number of law abiding citizens that own guns commit no crimes with them. Owning a gun is a choice, and the only people that fear guns are ones that have never used them or been educated about them.
Its their choice not to own a gun, just don't take my choice to own one away from me.

From what I see, most people here have the right idea about gun ownership and handling. I can say nothing more to add the weight of the facts, which are obviously pro-gun, so I will just show my support for the issue.

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.