Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fruits Basket Ending/Sequel - Minitokyo

Fruits Basket Ending/Sequel

Tagged under Fruits Basket

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 121 total items

Yo. Recently I heard rumours of a sequel to Fruits Basket. Is this true/likely to happen? OX

Personally, I wasn't satisfied with the ending, it left me kinda hanging. (I would read the manga, but I'm hooked on the anime). Did you guys like the ending?

Kishuku

Kishuku

Bishie Lover

I would love to see a sequel of Furuba, the manga is to rich in the storyline to left out~
I wasn't satisfied with the ending ^^; I whished for more Romance between Tohru and Kyo *g*

Greetings from Germany

i love it I read the manga and i also own the dvd box set. but I hate the ending that it gave. i also think that yuki and Kyo should just tell thoru how they feel

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

The ending of the anime wasn't the "real" ending of Fruits Basket, I think they just caught up to the manga and had to stop.

Personally, I think the manga is much better than the anime, but the anime wasn't bad. I think a sequel to the Furuba anime would be good... it would be also interesting to see what they did with the plot twists that have been introduced in the manga, or if they would go in a totally different direction...?

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Kishuku

Kishuku

Bishie Lover

Yes, the manga is way better than the anime... but it wouldn't be any good if the anime heads into another direction X.x
Although I think since the manga is filled with angst and other hints, a second season wouldn't be suited for "kids"..

Greetings from Germany

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

the series actually follows the manga only up to volume 8.. [oh wait..I think it was the manga that followed the series up to that volume]...but anyways.. they split up in volume 9, forming 2 more complicated outlooks in life and very amazing ideas... [spoiler: in the manga, there are so many flashbacks about most of the characters..yes, that includes uo-chan and hanajima.. and you might have guessed, Kyoko(tohru's mom)'s past was revealed there, too.]

the manga is not yet finished so far...I think..because I've been looking everywhere for the vol18...and I can't find it. >__<

if there was any sequel I'd kill Takaya Natsuki if she makes a major turn of events for the characters.

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i too have heard the rumors of a second season, but i think those are false. they already butchered up the original storyline that it would be difficult to make a worthwhile second season. if you haven't read the manga please do! while i love the anime, the manga has so much more humor/romance/relationship stuff that wasn't in the anime.

Signature Image

i hope there is a sequel T^T it was kind a of a disappointment that they just cut the story like like that......i was very confused reading the manga haha cause i watched the anime first so ^^;;; hahahaha

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

wa.....fruba is now up to chapter 118...i can't imagine how the sequel will turn out....
agree with xhidst...there's so many flashbacks and side stories....it's gonna be complicated of how the sequel will follow the plot....
but a sequel will definitely be nice ... cuz i luvvvvv fruba ^_^

boo

i heard rumours of a sequel to the anime and there was an oline petition too, but i don't think there is (for now). and do read the manga, it's really good! i'm buying it almost religiously! ^_^

hanajimawaves

hanajimawaves

Rogue Dremer

the manga rocks, ive read translations up to vol 20 (lolz, i know so many spoilers) but i think its unlikely they'll hav a sequel in the anime.i hope they do, even though it wont b as good as the manga...

Kiyomaro-CP9

Justice....

I hope they have a sequel...I mean if that happens, it will catch up to the manga..

Yes. I'm a One Piece lover.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

I would be SOOO happy if they did a sequel to the anime! I didn't mind the ending in the anime, cause I knew it was not the real ending... but... still I would LOVE to see a sequel!

But if they did make one, the story-line and the characters should be as close to the manga as possible XD

i hope there will be a sequel to this cuz the manga sorta is like really different to the anime! >.< i would sooo love a squel! the manga is soooo KOOL! I LOVE KYO! anyway i hope there is BUT i hope it will sorta go along with the manga so then everything will make sence!

My blood is your blood...
My pain is your pain...
My death is your death...

I only saw a tiny part of Fruit Basket a long time ago and totally forgot about it, now u-guys make me wanna watch it, is it really that great?

i would be VERY happy if there was a sequel. but think abt it, its been so long since it first showed in japan, and news of the sequel only comes now? unlikely. and yes, the ending kinda left me hanging and i prefer the anime artwork to the manga artwork. but i doubt that there will ever be a sequel, sadly.

i like to see it... i know i got lots of female firends who want too see it real bad!

they liked it alot... i personaly like to see some closure!

I echo everyone's idea that the manga is a lot better than the anime. ^_^ I'm anxiously waiting for #12. ^_^
If you have the domestic DVDs (in the extras) there is a clip of the director Akitaro Daichi being asked about a second season. He looked very very discouraging of the idea. Maybe his mind has changed since then, but from what I can tell they would at least have to get a new director because Daichi sensei didn't look too thrilled with the idea. ^_^

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

yeah i would love a 2nd season... because at least those who didn't watch the manga (me actually) can know what happened... it didn't say very much with that kinda ending which we saw..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

http://www.fruits-basket.com/extras/fb_news.htm

Wow, obviously a much loved anime. It would be outrageous if they didn't make a series after that.

I signed a petition (LOL) for a second season...and hoped, but I think they are not going to make one...but you know what, I'd love to be wrong in this case.

I am nothing but trouble...
Signature

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

I know Funimation had a "fold cranes to get Furuba second season made" and I'd love to see what I've read so far in the manga be animated. Mmm pimpin' Hatsuharu! But we'll see eh?

i also hope they are gonna make a season 2 because i wanna know what happens between kyo and tohru .. plus i cant read the manga's because we dont have them here.

I would love a second season also, but I'm not holding my breath. I just don't think it will happen (but I really hope that I am proven wrong). The manga is up to volume 18 in Japan and I have no idea how much longer it will continue but things are getting extremely interesting! I think the hardest part is waiting and anticipating whether or not another season will come out. My friends and I have this discussion quite often :)

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 121 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.