Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chobits: What if persocoms were real? (And if you had one?) - Minitokyo

Chobits: What if persocoms were real? (And if you had one?)

Tagged under Chobits

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 102 total items

i would want one like chii

I personally believe that with the right technology and the right knowledge persocoms could exist and with that being said morality still must come into play. It would be up to the owner to choose how to use their persocom, but what about the people who mistreat their persocom? we would have to develop laws just like animal rights and human rights. all things being considered i also would like to state that there should be nothing wrong with human-persocom relationships because humans are essentially computers as well, think of your brain it runs on a series of electrical impulses and synapses just as a computer does so who are we to decide that it would be wrong for a human do fall in love with a persocom. honestly i think a persocom would make the perfect spouse because unlike humans they are honest sweet and caring where as most humans are lying deceitful wretches who care only about themselves... i just think that society needs to be more open on this subject.

On another note I am working on my own persocom now but unfortunately it will be no where near as advanced as chi because we lack the technology.

Chobit1

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Difficult but not impossible, they are robots. Computing reaction in tandem with emotional responses is a challenge though. By the way, humans are only as deceiving and lying as you think they are, everything is a state of mind. Nothing is true because no one knows the right or wrong. You are taught what is right or wrong but it does not mean it is literally right or wrong.

The point remains that persocoms are robots who react the way you want them to or predict them to. If you're stressed with real life spouses you could always buy a goldfish and marry it instead. They don't require much and still need love all the same. No noise, no whining and no shoes flying at you just because the neighbor's daughter kissed you.

The society now is fine.
Only if you live as the shepherd and not the sheep.
That's my view on it anyway, there is no need to go through a long process when the solution can be made out of anything. If I had one, I'd probably tell her to enjoy life and learn the lessons it has, if they're capable of doing that. I'm not affected in any other way. Heh

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Quote by littlejonny100Well i don't think robots are really classed as that much different to humans, if you think about it scientifically. Our brain is just biological tissues and all our thinking and movements are created from electrical impulses sent throughout our body. If we say that someone such as einstein was human and someone with serious brain problems who cant even think was human, then there is wide room for debate.

Robots are run on electrical impulses as well, their just not made biologically and would require highly advanced creation of a brain to create the emotion and learning capabilities that (MOST) humans have. I believe the thinking patterns of a human could be replicate din a robot, just not yet.

The problem with humans is that their selfish and stupid, if persocoms were made real i think one of three things would happen:
1) Just like the anime they would be used to subsitute human relations as they can be manipulated into the perfect partner for each individual
2) They would be used productively and subjected to labors such as sweatshop and factory work, however you wouldn't consider putting emotions into such a robot right?
3) Some people would become jealous of the persocoms because they are so much more perfect and then a nice little war would break out where groups of people would rally up and destroy every persocom they can get their hands on :D

Personally i would like to have a persocom, because humans just suck

You know, reading this reminded me of a fanfiction that focuses on these same topics. I'll just link it here

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 102 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.