Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you follow the 5 second rule? - Minitokyo

Do you follow the 5 second rule?

Do you follow the 5 second rule?

Yes
6 votes
No
40 votes
Depends on the food
9 votes
Depends on the floor
19 votes
Depends on the food and floor
66 votes
Only if i'm really hungry!
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

Depends on the food and floor! But if no one's looking yes? XP

~ sweety, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies ~

MarieGreentree

MarieGreentree

The Hikari of Mariko Yamaki

The five-second rule has been totally disproved. By who, do you ask? The gang of TLC's "Mythbusters." I refuse to eat anything that has touched the floor.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

most of the time i down lol, depends if im desperate lol, most of the time i just chuck it, being that its something small like a chip or something, bread on the other hand im sure its still good ^_^'

Signature Image

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

No, I never have done it, and I will not do it again, hahahaha. Well, once I drop a piece of pizza on my house floor, I gathered it and ate it XP

I only pick up the food I accidentally dropped
it will be consumed by me in +/- 30 seconds

Wiki
Cant believe someone wrote a whole page about it

Signature Image

ChosenEntity

ChosenEntity

One Who Is VERY Afraid Of Cows

Depends on the floor. If I'm at home, it can sit there for days and if it hasn't grown mold yet, I figure it's still good. ^_^' School... maybe not in my chem class. Never know what kinda deadly, corrosive chemical residue is still down there. And my dad works in the ICU at a hospital, so hospital floors a a BIG no-no. ~_~ ... darnit. That candy cane was so yummy too...

"If you don't want us cutting down trees, wipe your ass with a spotted owl."

"I don't have a problem with God, I just hate his stupid fan club."

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Hm...only if the surface is clean...sometimes you can just pick it up and wash it...

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

HAHAHA! My brother loves the 5 second rule! Me, it really depends on the food and if I'm really hungry!

It really depends for me. I would follow it if something jumped out while cooking or being cooked. just because its going to get cooked anyway. most things Im fine with following the 5 second rule but say a peanut butter sandwhich goes splat on the floor, theres no cleaning that up to me. its already all over the floor and I'll just make another. so sloppy food no, but food that wont goop all over the floor yes.

MidniteAnime

MidniteAnime

Midnight

well.. no x_X i didn't even know there is a 5 sec rule lol

~Midnight~
ava

I dunno it really does matter............if the food is too good to waste..I think about it.....if it's a clean floor....I think about it also...but if it's like a public place.....with like a KFC leg.......I mgiht not pick it up......

psh no...i eat it anyways ^-^

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

The mythbusters proved it doesn't work but I don't do it anyways

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Usually i do... unless it fell on dirt, or grass or something unhygenic.
Also if it was a food that not worth it i would just pick it up and thorw it straight into the bin...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

on the table is ok...but floor...umm probably not...well at least not for me...

beautifuldreamer1289

beautifuldreamer1289

Cosplay Goddess

of COURSE it depeneds on both! if it was brocoli, id be like ITS ON THE FLOOR I CANT TOUCH IT, if it was outside at a picnic, id be kinda hesitant unless it was an amazing food which i loved, and in THAT case, who CARES wut the floor is, I WANT MY FOOD!

url=http://groups.minitokyo.net/intothesky/]||IntoTheSky:AG||[/url]
DNangel-DarkWings

It depends
If the food is solid
and the floor is noticelbly clean
I'll eat it
our bodies are supposed to protect us
aganist small bacteria anyway.

Music is in your eyes.
Music is in your soul.
Music is surrounding, everywhere you see.
Music is a reflection of who we wish to be.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I used to, but I'm starting to change my opinion on that. ^.^;

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

I didn't even no that there was a ten second rule but for the most part I think I follow it though. Usually as soon as I something drops I will usually pick it up depending on where it dropped though. Anywhere but outside and the kicthen is good and public places.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

It depends on what I'm eating. If it's chocolate, then yes, but if it's something like a potato wedge, then no.

Hanshou

Hanshou

Radical Dreamer

Hehe. Like what a lot of others said. Depends on the food, and where it fell.

If it is a dry, unmessy food, then I'll just pick it up and eat it again. (Sometimes its sad to leave good food on the ground and let it go to waste. XD) If ice cream fell on the ground, I would just stare at it with tears in my eyes.

Ok, now for the floor. If it the food fell on a dry surface, it would be fine to eat. If it fell into a puddle, or spilt milk, then I'd be sorry for not rescuing it and putting it where it belongs (in my stomache). ^_^'

Oh, now that I think about putting things in your mouth and such...How do you feel about people who lick their fingers when they pass papers out. My teacher does this, and I got the top piece of paper where he most spit got on it. Gross! (There was also a cashier who licked his fingers in counting money. Do you know how dirty money is? Yuck! :nya:)

never heard of the rule till now...

With great power comes great responsibility
- by Spiderman's uncle

Oddly enough, more females follow the 5 second rule than males....

yummy

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.