Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LAPTOP or DESKTOP - Minitokyo

LAPTOP or DESKTOP

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

Hey Everyone! Haha. I'm so happy, I just got a new Laptop! Its a Compaq Presario R3000! Yay! Now I feel like Eiri Yuki! :D

Simple Question for you all: $$ Do you use a Laptop or Desktop?
$$ Which do you like better!?! (Laptop, for me, Teehee.) :)

Thanks for your time! ^_^'

lanesra

lanesra

pharmer

desktop for sure
its cheaper and more powerful

"What the fuck is WTF?"

flyingsouldragon

Dragon of old age.

i have a laptop for school and it works fine can play doom 3 on it and stuff, but would prefer a desktop because i can upgrade parts of it and stuff.
and most laptops have mobile versions as cpu's thats kinda sucky, in my laptop i got a p4 2.8 desktop edition so that is better but still it uses more battery power.
so if i have to choose i would choose a desktop but when u have to do things for school or work a laptop is very easy.
it doesnt have to have good specs for word or something.

fly

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Quote by lanesradesktop for sure

True. I haven't any money to waste and I don't go out for a long time anyway. And I often need to work with harddisks brought from elsewhere - that wouldn't be possible with a notebook.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

I use a desktop but I need a laptop badly.

id go with a desktop always, since i never travel and would never need a laptop.

I have both desktop and laptop but I'm using my laptop mostly to surf the web and use desktop to play games.

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

Oooo. Whoa. Honestly, I figured that Laptops would win, (not like this would be a race, mind you. Haha. ^_^') because they are portable and light, and well... uh cooler. :nya:

The gap between laptops and desktops are always decreasing . In a few years time , laptops probably won't cost much more or be much less powerful than desktops. Of course , some things , such as screen size , sound quality will always be in short supply on a laptop.

I have a desktop and I really like it, big monitor, more powerfull and is cheaper. However being at college it would be nice to have a light laptop to carry around and use while I'm not at home.

markos423

markos423

"It's not a problem."

as of now, i got 5 mac desktops, 1 pc desktop, and a new 12" powerbook g4... i thought the powerbook was gonna be a supplemental machine, but it's become my primary machine...to answer the question, tho, i used to prefer desktops, but now that i have my laptop, i kinda like em both :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

blueotaku-sp

blueotaku-sp

Blue is on me!

Quote by Zdenek

Quote by lanesradesktop for sure

True. I haven't any money to waste and I don't go out for a long time anyway. And I often need to work with harddisks brought from elsewhere - that wouldn't be possible with a notebook.

That´s quite right for various purposes the desktop it´s the choice but for travels and other stuffs the laptop it´s the best, But I´ll stay with my desktop for the work !! :)

I use a desktop most of the time. I was looking around at new computers and the difference between laptop and dekstop's specs are becoming very close. In fact, In top of the line laptops they looked identitcal in stats to new desktop. Ive also got a laptop for school, its a compaq p3 somethingerother. Its really great for having around school but im sure not playing doom on it.. I wish :D Im playing dune 2000 and trespasser and listening to endless loops of ffviii soundtrack (balamb garden when im working :) )

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark at the Tannh

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I like my desktop because I can spec it the way I want it spec'd and like people have said, upgrade parts of it instead of the whole thing. The convenience of a laptop, especially it's portability, however would be very handy and if I had the dollars I'd probably buy one.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

I want both even though i not smart enough to customize em

Desktop, because I don't have laptop... ^_^

Wouldn't it be wonderfull to get into one of the nice manga/anime story? It must be dreamland... ^_^

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Laptop is easily outdated and it's expansive too. XD

I use a laptop in my dorm room, (far easier to deal with, as is portable - but also easy to steal for the same reason, so I've been extremely careful - so far so good) and a desktop at home. I prefer the desktop because I have a 120 GB harddrive on it vs. the 10 and 14 GB I get on the partitioned laptop harddrive. (XO Such a pain in the arse, but it came that way)

On ne recolte que ce qu'on a seme.

boei

**Dark Mood**

Hmm... I like desktops.. they make me feel more comfy, for some reason...=PpP

Prelim ExamS!!!!!!!!

followed by finals!!!!!

This is CRAzY!

I like 'em both for different reasons. Though i wish my laptop had a full sized keyboard, I never can get used to the smaller one.

i keep the laptop networked to the desktop, off on the right side of my desk, and run my messengers, and other constantly running programs off of it, while I do all the main stuff on the desktop.

It's good for putting stoff on and the extra cd-rom, et all, and doesn't use as much power as having a 2nd computer running would. Space saver too. Hook up a full sized kb and mouse and it's fine.

But for all the important stuff, desktop all the way. Cheaper, more powerful, etc.

zAbUzA

Devil of the Hidden Mist

Personally, I like using a desktop because it plays my games: Doom 3, Warcraft 3 FT, and Unreal 2K4.

-zAbUzA

Suiton Daibakufu no Jutsu . .

I like my laptop... hehe, I like the 40giga it has.... and I only have an old desktop...and, I can take my things everywhere...and have wireless conection soooo, I;m happy...hehe, and my laptop is pretty powerful, I can do anything I like to do....here.... XD :D

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

Awesome! Haha. I have wireless connection too. We rock Mikka! XD

Suxs for you guys having to be connected to 'the wall' all the time. Can't run out of your spinning chair...

Muhahaha muhahahaha. ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

Hi! :D

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

Desktop, can't beat that huggable goodness!

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 82 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.