Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do become a Japanese addict because of Anime or Manga? - Minitokyo

Do become a Japanese addict because of Anime or Manga?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

I do ^^

first I learned to draw like manga character then I started to learn to speak Japanese then try to learn their culture and so on and so on hahahhaha

what about you?

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I started with anime dubs....but then I finnaly discovered the higher quality of the subs. Since those early days I have really heaped anime on my pitch-fork and picked up on the Japanese language and culture. I can only read translated mangas (yet? ^^;;) but the art style is too unique and different from what I had taught myself, so I would never bother trying to copy the typical anime art form. For me its like slandering this beautiful art form known as anime. So I'll stick to the language and culture.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Manga because of a friend who forced it on me but I thank her :)
Now I know how to swear at my friends in Jap lol... And drawing the anime style came from the mangas too.

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

I'm not an addicted, but i enjoy anime a looooooooooooooot.

i became an "enjoyer" since the beggining of time:D

hehehehe... i say, i've been seein anime since i have memory. I enjoyed that, and since that i'm a full watcher.

merged: 06-10-2006 ~ 07:32am
I gotta say, sorry... Since i saw Anime first time, dont remember a what age... but it was anime:)

well, i learned how to draw by watching sailor moon all the time back in the day... but i learned how to swear and speak in japanese from the english subtitled anime that's not released in the u.s... so, i'd say both i guess... i cant really decided...

check out my xanga!

i would think i did at some point during freshman year of high school, then you just grow out of it and find it silly! i wanted to learn japanese, but instead learnt chinese, which is more useful. but i did teach myself to draw manga!

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Yup I agree with you suikode well my parents also suggest me to take the mandarin courses since they became one of the global language these days but.... I'd still rather take the japanese course since you've familiar with the tones and all by watching anime ^^ don't you guys agree he he he :D

MizuhofanFFX2se

MizuhofanFFX2se

Mizuho fan - FinalFantasyX2 fan

none! i addict Anime and some Manga, i like to learn japanese but not become a Japanese addict because of Anime or Manga.

Mizuho fan Final Fantasy X-2
Signature Image
Xenoxaga I-II-III
Onegai/Please Teacher | GTO

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

I think it started with anime for me, but it was all 4Kids crap. After that, I expanded my knowledge into the other parts of the anime world.

which led me to some strange stuff (DearS for exmaple). But, I didn't stop there!

I found manga while continue in the anime world, and now, I've gone pretty far (sor far that I own a Naruto Headband!)

I'm not a Japanese addicted, but I would say I'm pretty interested in their culture. I'm currently learning how to write in Japanese( my best friend is my sensei)and next I wanna learn how to speak in Jap. But first I have to learn how to speak better in English lol.(My native language is Portuguese)

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

i love their culture (damn you anime). Its interesting and now ive gotten into their music. -_- wtf

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i'm not addicted, i just love their culture. I actually was into japanese stuff way before i was into anime and manga, ive always wanted to go to Japan. I only got into anime about a year and a half ago

Signature Image

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

firstly becoz of anime/manga ^^, i remember i used to hate japan so much though i love manga/anime, but i've read a historical manga about japan...then what should happen happened ^__^, my mind change and sure now i become japan addict ^o^, japan is so so amazing >__<

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

No, not all. I watch mainly to kill time and to put up with a majority of the tripe shown on TV. I prefer to watch my DVDs during Saturday mornings.

And I got more DVDs than my relatives (minre are all anime and few movies, theirs are just ridiculously bad movies and "blockbuster" tripe)... heh XD

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

hurm..yes!~ when i'm still 8 years old..but then,i forget bout it,dunno why..huhuh..but,i totally addicted to anime n manga when i'm 15 years old..huhuh..that's because my bro introduced Naruto to me..from Naruto,I've started to watch other anime,n started reading manga..huhuh..anime @ manga rocks!~

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

Anime~ since I'm small, already had been watching anime & got addicted by it. And so later, slowly being addicted to Japanese & stuff. ^^

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

It's so interessting to learn other's culture, so yeah, mostly because of Manga I know a lot of things. Being able to surprise your japanese friends on how you know their culture is also a nice thing.

By learning their culture, you can understand manga better.

Sin-GE

Sin-GE

Shonen Ai Fangirl

Pretty much, yeah... Other things that influence this are samurai, ninjas, sushi, and martial arts. :D Still, I'm not that addicted, like jumping up at every white square with a red dot in the centre. ^^;

I don't think I became a "Japanese addict". I learned Japanese and draw manga style but, I don't consider myself addicted. I don't praise everything Japanese, but don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with their culture, in fact, I love how colorful it is.

viekazama

viekazama

Lament of Innocence

Yup Japanese culture's really nice and I'd really love to learn anything bout them that's why I become a bit addict bout Japanese .... just a bit ^^

I looove the language and culture. But still dont want to believe there isnt a truce between my home country and Japan. Its a change from Hong Kong cantonese and hakkanese and also Irish culture. And of course, they bore me, so haveing Japanese culture to love and learn really eases things up. Letsseee... who else was stirred by music like Sayonara Solitia from Chrno Crusade? I havent heard any of that or felt like that listening to western nor chnese music...

Serin

Anime freak

i got started by anime i don't really read alot of magna and i am go to learn Jap. i love there culture everything is so beautiful. I LOVE ANIME!

merged: 06-19-2006 ~ 06:30am
I started when i was 9 years old

Well I can't remember. I think I started loving everything together. Manga at a later stage though.

Anikat

Anikat

Nee

The Japanese have a wonderful and vibrant culture, what isnt great about it? Besides the crowds .___.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.