Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Prove to me that God exists. - Minitokyo

Prove to me that God exists.

Does God exist?

Yes.
170 votes
Probable.
18 votes
I don't know.
49 votes
Improbable.
49 votes
No.
55 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is full. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, you are allowed to make a new thread about it.

page 5 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by UNSLAINED-DRAGONS-OF-ALL Science can't explain why a hummingbird can fly or a bee, but science says that a hummingbird weighs too much for it's wing's (same with a bee),

what? hummingbirds and bees? i bet the source you learn from is long outdated.
maybe these helps a bit?
bees:
http://www.livescience.com/animals/060110_bee_fight.html
hummingbirds:
http://www.wbu.com/edu/hummer.htm

anyway, i don't understand a word in your post :\

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Whatever your arguement was, I missed it.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: proving god exists is as impossible as proving the big bang theory. or that time exists.

lol, not really if you want to, and if God leads you.

Quote: if anything, god exists because people believe he exists.

and what's the proof behind it. you havent met Him, that's all

Signature

Quote by 48851Well if you go and look at every cell in your body you would that the smallest cell is in the shape of a Cross? sound oh. familiar? and on one Mountain fish bodies were found.Nut to sad to bad there was on proof of Legs! And when the world starts a one world currency that will be the biggest. oh also when people start to disapear that will be anther,( For the rest go to the last book in the Bible!)but to proof now.Well, what about people who curred with no treat meant or when cancer disappear?also tumors. Is you go to the hospital there will be plenty of stories. but if you believe me or not is not important. They who believe with out seeing are greater than who believe by seeing! IT hoes the same for Prof because Seeing is prof just like prof is believing.

I hate to burst your bubble but I believe you when you say they found fish on a mountain. There really was a massive flood and its not a religious thing. Multiple books and religious tell of a great flood. Gilgamesh, the Bible, thats the only two i can think of.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: But, if God exists then why is there war, hatred, anger, lust?

i found the answer. Matthew 5:46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Signature

To me religion is a hindrance so I choose to move on with my life .

Quote by priincess

Quote: But, if God exists then why is there war, hatred, anger, lust?

i found the answer. Matthew 5:46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

How is that relevant to the question priincess? Surely you didn't mean to imply that war, hatred, andger and lust exist becuase God encourages negligence on part of his believers. I don't mean to twist your words, but they are puzzling.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: How is that relevant to the question priincess? Surely you didn't mean to imply that war, hatred, andger and lust exist becuase God encourages negligence on part of his believers. I don't mean to twist your words, but they are puzzling.

i meant everything is in God's hand so dont worry bout anything, just be sure to do anything perfectly.

Quote: Seriously, I want specifics...

what other proofs you expect for i have answered all i know. everything is in the Bible, read carefully. you could read the Bible clearly if you have faith and 'understand that God's exist'

merged: 07-30-2008 ~ 06:47am

Quote: Tell me how you want "us" to do it so we can have you believing before your year is over...

if you let your mind to think before you ignored His existance. seriously, you havent met Him, dont you? you will someday. and btw, you believe your parents are your real parents without dna test, so that's how we believe; with faith n feelings.

Signature

flame7651

~Eternal Lullaby~

okay... faith and feeling... yeah right...
priincess... what will you do IF...
when you die, you found yourself in the realm of nothingness or the void, not in heaven.. or eden garden.. or something that sweet bible offer you?
GOD is just an identification that for thousand of years believed by people... if you ask buddist who's your GOD, they'll say... "why of course buddha". when you ask muslim, they will say "Why of course allah" and when you ask christian they'll say "jesus is the one and only"...
religion is created to gather people with one belief in one spiritual group...
imagine if religion is doesn't exist... The world will be a better place to live...

Quote by flame7651okay... faith and feeling... yeah right...
priincess... what will you do IF...
when you die, you found yourself in the realm of nothingness or the void, not in heaven.. or eden garden.. or something that sweet bible offer you?
GOD is just an identification that for thousand of years believed by people... if you ask buddist who's your GOD, they'll say... "why of course buddha". when you ask muslim, they will say "Why of course allah" and when you ask christian they'll say "jesus is the one and only"...
religion is created to gather people with one belief in one spiritual group...
imagine if religion is doesn't exist... The world will be a better place to live...

I'm just correcting some things... Buddha isn't a God, he's just the only one who has reached enlightenment (nirvana) by following the eightfold path and broke out of the reincarnation cycle. Buddha doesn't have any power or anything. I don't think Buddhism has a God... Buddhists are basically following the teachings and philosophy of Siddhartha (Buddha). So Buddhism is a bit different than the rest of the religions out there. If anything, I think Buddha would be like Jesus. He was human and now is some virtuous being.

Actually Allah is God. In Arabic, Allah means God. I think Islam, Christianity (and I mean all the branches; Catholicism, Protestantism, etc.) and Judaism all believe in the same God. They follow different books and different religious figurehead. Islam would be the Koran and Mohammad, Christianity the Bible and Jesus, and Judaism the Torah and Abraham (correct me on this.. I wikipedia this since I wasn't sure).

(And to be completely off topic, you made me laugh a little with the "who's your God" question... reminds of me of Setsuna from Gundam 00. :D He believed in a religion, got screwed over, did some soul searching, and came to the conclusion that "There is no God" and goes off saying "I AM GUNDAM!" Haha, I love Setsuna's character. :3 If no one has heard of Gundam 00, it basically involves politics, religion, war, and terrorism.)

*goes back to lurking* ^_^'

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

You mentioned Allah and did not speak of him as the most amazing being... you should expect a suicide bomber at your doorstep tomorrow morning. He will be dressed as UPS delivery guy... but the beard should be a dead giveaway.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

urusaii : just what im about to say about buddha and Allah! but anyway you are correct about them believing the same God, which is from the old testament. all of their holy books(christian, islam, jews,) contains the old testament, only in some cases they use different names.

shoujoboy : i take your statement as a joke? but anyway i believe devoted muslims are nice people, at least all those whom i meet.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: when you die, you found yourself in the realm of nothingness or the void, not in heaven.. or eden garden.. or something that sweet bible offer you?

there have been so many miracles that shows Jesus and God are exist. if it wasnt true that God's exist, i wouldn't say what i've done is something useless because God has taught me how to do everything right. in fact, i would be satisfied for i've done anything good, althought i'd be disapointed so badly if God's not exist ( which this isnt true) ;p

Quote: GOD is just an identification that for thousand of years believed by people... if you ask buddist who's your GOD, they'll say... "why of course buddha". when you ask muslim, they will say "Why of course allah" and when you ask christian they'll say "jesus is the one and only"...

yes i know, but they know that God, their father, is exist- and you know, He always misses everyone of us to believe Him as our Savior, our God. i never see this is a bad thing.

Quote: religion is created to gather people with one belief in one spiritual group...

the world will be no a better place for God gives to Bible to teach us. althought there have been many wars that people create in the name of God (it's mentioned in the Bible too) , it's not because of God but the man himself cant control his mind and then he does something that against God. if he isnt believe, he'll do something bad too in his life, because he already has the dirty mind -.-

Signature

With out arguing and fighting and trying to prove who's right or wrong....it really simple, ya know..... it's a simple yes or no question.
Until I see someone come back from hell or heaven and tell me those places and Devil and God exist...I'm just living my life care free and neutral.
TO YOU, does god exist? YES or NO.

merged: 08-01-2008 ~ 05:24pm
To me, I believe in the force, lol.

super-anime-fan

super-anime-fan

Archangel of Might

People always say "oh if he's real, why doesn't he show himself, or leave sufficient evidence." That's because he wants you to believe with your heart, not from something that can be seen. The strongest faith is to have faith in something you can't see.

Vivaldi

Well, actually, for Christianity you have the situation of God showing Himself, telling them us what we need to know AND going to BOTH heaven and hell and coming back. You have other people since then doing somewhat similar with the dying and going to heaven or hell part, but not the same.

However, many people at the time, seeing all this, choose to deny it as well, so its not like thats really a valid demand since it obviously doesn't win everyone over. And most like to go through life now saying "well, I wasn't there, why doesn't he do it again for ME, since Hes so great and I'm so great too that I deserve a personal demonstration, rather than just hearing about it."

With the whole idea though that you SHOULDN'T see to believe, as I believe was indicated above, I'd also point to the Apostles and Disciples, many of whom believed specifically BECAUSE they did see. Would just like to point out that you CAN have faith from seeing as well, although it is possibly preferable in some manners to do so without having seen, but that does not mean without reason either, necessarily.

On another note: In Islam, isn't it believed that Muhammad Resurrect too for a short while? I'm not entirely familiar, its been years since I studied that.

As for other religions: Can't say much on the topic, my knowledge of most others indicates a lack of even a similarly believed situation.

flame7651

~Eternal Lullaby~

Quote: there have been so many miracles that shows Jesus and God are exist. if it wasnt true that God's exist, i wouldn't say what i've done is something useless because God has taught me how to do everything right. in fact, i would be satisfied for i've done anything good, althought i'd be disapointed so badly if God's not exist ( which this isnt true) ;p

miracles huh... Do you have experienced miracles yourself? I think miracles is only described on the bible (and it could be just some fairytale)... Are there any miracles on this day and age?

Quote by beyondmeasureSo, with all the evidence in the world that God, most probably, does not exist... you still won't believe, if only because your "holy" book says God exists?

1.Prove to me God does NOT exist.

2. My belief in God has little to do with the Bible, though I do believe in its doctrines.

3. This topic seems more like an attack on religion than an open intellectual discussion.

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

God may or maynot exist.
The only way a God can 'exist' is if people believe in them, and have thaith.
The concept of God is more of a symbol to have thaith in.

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

Yes, because we are in this world, who do you expect to make us?

Signature Image
anime-fans-unitedtag-liciousanti-spammersuserpageskindesigns
Tagging: Visual novels, Gintama

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote: 1.Prove to me God does NOT exist.

Absence of proof does not automatically make the opposite true. So just because you say we can't prove he doesn't exist doesn't prove that he does. Otherwise we'd have the same right to ask you for proof and if you couldn't furnish it, then we'd be right.

Quote by SakichiiGod may or maynot exist.
The only way a God can 'exist' is if people believe in them, and have thaith.
The concept of God is more of a symbol to have thaith in.

do you mean faith?

Anyway, I propose very soundly that our belief has no effect on the existence of God, and many theologians would say it has no effect whatsoever on anything related to God. Although someone like Descartes might use what you could call a belief of God as the proof of God (although, interestingly, when he did so he in fact did NOT believe in God, until he proved God, but he was an atheist beforehand), that does not mean that God's existence is dependant on belief, He's not a fairy after all. Now, God either exists on His own (in a way truly on His own unlike how we exist), or, if and only if not, exists merely as a thought or concept, thus dependent on those thinking of it. But, for a God to truly exist, that existence MUST be completely independent of the rest of the world. In Christianity we call this Divine Freedom (of which a professor of mine wrote a book), or we speak of the Imminent Trinity (the life of God inside Himself, separate from everything else, which would be called the Economic Trinity).

merged: 08-06-2008 ~ 11:54pm

Quote by shoujoboy

Quote: 1.Prove to me God does NOT exist.

Absence of proof does not automatically make the opposite true. So just because you say we can't prove he doesn't exist doesn't prove that he does. Otherwise we'd have the same right to ask you for proof and if you couldn't furnish it, then we'd be right.

Actually, I think thats the point he was trying to make, since this topic is "prove that God exists" he was making the point that he could demand the opposite since absence of proof does not automatically make the opposite true, as you said.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

That may be... but the same person also used the arguement that marriage can't be between people of the same sex because of the Miriam dictionary definition of marriage as his only arguement. So I expect the worst to be honest.

Well, that not necessarily such a bad argument. The problem of the need for concrete language in order for it to be of any use and the phenomena of the organic evolution of languages over time, and how to decipher between the two and appropriate situations for the two, is a debate of its own (one in which I, at first, engaged in at one time, then ended up standing to the sidelines with someone trying to mediate it neutrally as two other parties very furiously argued it, this being in a college common area, of course).

In any case, I know the guy, and so I have good reason to believe that is his argument at the moment. I think he's kinda testing the waters of this place right now or something, but I'll wait for him to confirm one way or the other on that.

page 5 of 21 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next » 501 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.