Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails? - Minitokyo

Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails?

Which do you prefer?

Bigger thumbnails
318 votes
Smaller thumbnails
174 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

nisnoopy3

nisnoopy3

I'm here...

I prefer to have them in smaller thumbnails. The page load faster with smaller thumbnails and I can go through all of them faster compare to the bigger thumbnails. I don't like big thumbnails as they construct my viewing page. Like in my favourite section in my guestbook. Its really consuming spaces and the length to scroll down become increasing. Sometimes, I just need to get to the guestbook alone but its took longer now with bigger thumbnails.

Signature
[K.Y.O.N.K.O] + [V.O.T.E] = [orpheuz]
howls-moving-castle [url=http://howls-moving-castle.minitokyo.net/]~:|A NEW FACE FOR HOWL

Quote by ASH-Hikari

Quote by dslasseyI prefer the smaller ones - they make everything look more... neat and organized. To me, the large thumbnails don't seem to fit the layout as well as the smaller ones.

Pretty much what I think. I think they look the best and most organised.

Ditto.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

As yo may have noticed, the thumbnails have been scaled back some from yesterday.

i think small is good coz its appear so fast..hehehe..

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Ohh.. I like the new ones! Not so big, and not so small! Great job, Sheq! >.< And my UP looks fine too.. ^^

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

hmm i prefer smaller ones because it look more neat

Signature
Member OF:ClampFans

akeedacrest

akeedacrest

Sunken into real life~

Smaller would be my choice. This is because it helps to load faster especially when I am on slower internet connections which this situation I am in most of the time. Furthermore, like everyone said, it looks more organized. ^^

Support your kings at Chamber of Kings

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

Smaller thumbnails.

It's easier to see more at once, and we don't have to go page by page just to see the overall submissions which is quite troublesome for those with bad internet connection. We can always click on the smaller thumbnail for better view if we are interested in it. =D

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Both size thumbnails have different good and bad points. The larger thumbnails offer a better view of the picture/wallpaper, but leaves the gallery looking akward with large uneven spaces in between thumbs.

Smaller ones do show a smaller view of the picture/wallpaper, but the gallery appears neater and more organised - and if anyone wants a better view of a picture you only have to click on it to get a slightly larger thumbnail before you can choose to download.

So my votes for the smaller thumbs, the gallery is more organised, loads faster and if anyones interested just click on the thumb for a bigger view - and the larger thumbs just leave the gallery looking very unorganised which out ways the benefits of this size.

Mmmm,like smaller thumbnail better because it look more organized

Smaller becaus is long for load.

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

cant we have a happy medium? i think the large ones were unnecessarily big, but the small ones are about 10-20px too small

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by vitaamincant we have a happy medium? i think the large ones were unnecessarily big, but the small ones are about 10-20px too small

This is currently the case :) Refresh any page with big thumbs to see the new happy medium.

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

I like the "Happy medium", its organized and bigger than the other ones.

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

I like the larger ones for a couple reasons:
1. I don't have great eyes
2. It allows me to pick out more detail than I might have seen before, without clicking into the picture itself. I think it has allowed me to make better decisions on what to click/what not to click.

I can see the argument for smaller ones too - faster loading. TMMV.

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Smaller please. How they are right now it looks like the whole page exploded, and you have to scroll so much, plus the page loads harder.
Bigger does come with an advantage, you don't have to full view to see if you like it or not, but since we have like 5 free downloads per hour I think it's quite enough and we don't need thumbnails this big.

As a side not, so we won't have to choose, the bigger ones could be resized a bit, as in not as small as the originals but not as big as the ones now. They're way too big.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

I like the big ones, because I can see the image better. ^^

I'd prefer a bit bigger thumbs!

but what I think they need more is maybe to come in a standard dimensions! I know that would be a lot of work since some are vertical and other horizontal and that would mean a canvas around every pic to make them all the same size... and thinking about, that would make a pic to look smaller at the end...

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

SMAAAALL!
T_T

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

small!

Signature Image
This day we fight!

aqiaqua

aqiaqua

last men standing!

Medium is good ^____^

Signature Image
min min for the win :D

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

smaller ones.... i totally agree to dslassey... i think the big ones don't fit well in the layout and the smaller ones look more professional and organized

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Oh, the current one are medium?! still to big I think. So much scrolling.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Also, I think the alignment is nice. But there is still so much scrolling and loading, not to mention the userpages are no longer in columns but in that long line...

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.