Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails? - Minitokyo

Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails?

Which do you prefer?

Bigger thumbnails
318 votes
Smaller thumbnails
174 votes

Only members can vote.

page 5 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

I've voted for bigger thumbnails, first because images are cleaner and easier to be seen and second because, as there is the name under every image, I can immediately recognize them. Keep up with big thumbnails!

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

The big thumbnails look really nice now that the indy art, which is usually in portrait orientation, has its own section.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

Darkfinal

Darkfinal

.:In Wonderland:.

I voted for the bigger thumbnails as well. I prefer a bigger preview of the Wallpapers than the smaller ones. When I look at my own gallery of wallpapers, the bigger ones looks better and optimises the space.

Signature
A World Of My Own...

The bigger thumbnails are better show more detail (*_)

garnetyuna

garnetyuna

~ Choukage ~

I prefer smaller and I voted that, they're simply to load but mostly 'cause whichever layout I have they suit it and don't look strange. and like this it's all well organized, than the bigger thumb. yes, you can see well the preview but it's a pain to wait the image to load T^T especially when your connection doesn't want to collaborate!

Signature

Posting the reply isn't working, so I'll split this in three..
So, at first the larger thumbs were rather shocking & disorganized, but now as the page got a better treatment, they look just fine..

merged: 07-07-2009 ~ 03:09am
..they're finally giving a fair idea of the artworks represented...

merged: 07-07-2009 ~ 04:17am
Many members have been complaining how some thumbs don't give them the right idea about the work, or how their work's been shown in negative light due to the small thumbs. Well, they needn't worry now, thanks to MT's continuous efforts to improve.. good luck with the new layout..

On choice xD Can't this be added as an option at 'Minitokyo Options' in control panel, just like the choice of browsing elite gallery items only.
But if I were to chose, I would say large thumbnails, cause they show the items better and you don't have to click each one just to figure what it is. Though it's true that small ones are more organized... I'm thinking of AP, they have large & organized thumbs at the same time.

madaramewannabe

Professional Henchman

I prefer the bigger thumbnails. Makes it a bit easier to see, since I don't sit close to my monitor in the past I have often needed to click on a thumbnail to have a closer look to see any detail.

vIta'pu'be'

With smaller thumbnails you can display more pics with less detail
With Larger one you display more of the picture but less number of them in one page
Hmmm... I prefer the bigger...coz I don't want to click on something that I can barely see. With larger ones you can choose your picture of choice better without wasting time on clicking things that SEEM attractive to you.

merged: 07-08-2009 ~ 10:58am
Oh! Yeah I forgot to mention that finding my favorites has become much easier ever since the thumbnails have gotten larger.

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

I prefer the smaller thumbnails. It looks much more organized and it loads much faster. (I'm mainly concerned about the latter; to me, faster loading > more detail.)

Limefreak

Limefreak

So many Limes so little time

Personally I really like the smaller thumbnails because they fit the layout better.
Bigger is not always better

smaller thumbnails may makes the whole web looks nicer

Still prefer small thumbnails XD

And for the pics which has been deleted, the pics seems didnt deleted from the browsing page =(

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

i prefer larger as if it's too small you can't see the picture too clearly, which you would just ignore in the end. not too big as well, as it takes up lots of space, so moderate would be good! =]

Signature Image

agree with hitocomaru.smaller ones are more organized,but biger ones are easier to see.personally i choose bigger ones.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

The way they are now is what I would describe as "just right". The ones I saw after the first update of the whole thumbnail listing were much too big for the screen resolution I run (1024x768) so there were only two per row, which makes it more of a scrolling nightmare than anything else. The ones that are used now upgrades that to three, but I still have no problem looking at the content. (But then, I didn't have that problem with the old thumbnails either, so... yeah.)

So I put my vote -- or I would if I could -- on "how they are right now".

actually I prefer the big ones..
it loads slower but the image is more clear

For me I prefer smaller ones it it looks organized, neat and more professional and it doesn't consume more space... But I think the final decision is yours to make... What do you really prefer, right?

AtHnaMarina

AtHnaMarina

MrN..AtHrUn

i prefer the smalelr one than the bigger one. becaus it's more neat, tidy and load faster when we open it

i like the bigger thumbnails a lot better... it makes it a lot easier to see the detail on the images without having to click on the actual image itself.

I'll say I prefer smaller ones, Mt has always been very well organised
let's keep it tat way, the larger thumbnails seems like does not suit wf the overall layout or the feeling the webpg gv
I tink the old ones r better

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

I'll have to go with the bigger ones, they look alot better.

At first the different sizes had me irritated for awhile but I got used to it. XD

iVoodoo

iVoodoo

fading away

smaller ones because its bothersome to scroll down and larger ones takes longer to load...

19A1ALuis

Arlequin5d6b

I like the bigger tumbnails, for me the smaller ones make see everything less organized, wy because there are to much images at the same time in the view and you can

i prefer smaller ones since the layout looks better and doesn't take as long to load as the large ones.. they both have pos/neg points but i vote small^^

page 5 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.