Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse? - Minitokyo

Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 222 total items

oktaq

oktaq

Th_Q!D

life is always be as blessing from the God eventhough sometimes it's hard, but dont you realize that if God didnt give us a life we wont know about this beautiful world...^_^

i think its a curse.. just like the movie "green mile" where he is granted the gift of a very long life and he sees all that are close to him dying, his wife, his kids , his grandkids..

both i guess in some ways seeing what we will be like in even 200 years would be great but dead friends and love ones would be hard
idk maby its a pluss
to study man kind and stuff

i use beatrice cause i love Geneshaft and she is my fav character in it

There was a time when people lived more than 600 years, you read about their lives and they did what we do now, they just lived their lives then when it was their time to die, they died. I know a lot of people don't believe in God and the Holy Bible, (that doesn't make it not true though) but if you can indulge me for a minute and open your mind to a different belief, you might see some truth that you have never seen before.

First of all, we do live forever, we just don't live here or in this ever failing body. Depending on your beliefs will depend on whether you find living forever will be a good thing or a bad thing. For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not parish but have ever lasting life (John 3:16)

The real question however that is presented, ever lasting life in this world that we all reside today. If we are bound to this earth with the ever failing body and we have to live in pain and hurt all the days of our natural lives, it would be a curse. but on the other hand if we were blessed with a body of a 18 year old for eternity it could be a blessing. yes, we would see our loved ones pass away, but there are always new loved ones to come into our lives, the knowledge and wisdom we would gain would be great.

Now, lets look at the real reason this question is brought up. what happens after we die? The question of the unknown is what makes us fear death in the first place. Looking upon the body of someone we know that has died, and seeing the lifeless body being lowered into the depths of the cold hard ground, or being burned up, is usually a sight that we do not understand and we don't like to think about, and defiantly don't like to imagine ourselves being in the coffin. so what comes next after death? is this all there is? If laying in the ground or being cremated is all there is, then this life is better no matter what our body has to endure. but if you can believe in God and his only begotten Son, than death takes on a whole new meaning. why would we want to stay here on this earth if upon our death, our soul is released and our consciousness goes to live in paradise? as we look forward to our future we all understand one truth. we are all going to die. It may be in a hundred years or it could be in just a few minutes, but we are all going to die. The truth that takes place after our death is the unknown fear that makes us long for an everlasting life here on this earth. But this isn't going to happen I ask all of you who read this, Whats next for you? there is truth in the Holy Bible, whether you choose to believe or not, is your choice. ;-)

Apparently, the two actual downsides to eternal life would be losing your loved ones and continually growing old, to a point where your body pretty much can't do anything but not to die.
However, if eternal youth were to accompany eternal life, it would very well turn it to a huge blessing. You see, whenever a person (a REAL person, please, not an overly dramatic character out of an anime) loses someone close to him/her, what happens is that, after mourning for a while (may range from months to a couple of years), he/she starts to gradually feel better about it, and the sadness just fades away. The same would be expected from one who lives forever. After some time (and boy, that person clearly has A LOT of time), it would all just fade away, and all that would be left is someone with a lot of time, which can be used to pretty much anything that may help him/herself or even the human kind as a whole.

On another note, that person may even build a family, and just keep with the generations. I'm pretty sure that after a while, he/she won't be that bothered about death anymore, and just start to see it as something so natural that there won't be any sadness involving it. It just wouldn't be a "loss" of a loved one, would just be a "passing away" of a loved one. Nothing to worry about that, so no sadness at all.

Sure, that'd only be any relevant if eternal youth came with eternal life, so, if your body just degrades through time, it would just suck.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I believe it would be a curse. It's already hard enough to accept the loss of a loved one, but if I were to live forever no matter what (i.e., no one would be able to kill me), it would be sheer torture. I wouldn't want it.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

It would get pretty damn boring after a while.

Live life with plenty of energy and go out with a bang

thats how I want my life to be :D

AlanViBritannia

AlanViBritannia

Uta no Prince-sama

A blessing. I would be able to feel, touch, and see everything.
It would be hard in first, but after I overcame the emotional part, which wouldn't take long, it'll become a blessing.

Everyone's scum until proven otherwise.

Blessing - if you'd have a friend or at least someone to share eternity with
Curse - if you'd remaid all alone forever ( example: C.C. from Code Geass but at least she found Lelouch :). )

It really depends on how you wish to use it, but I think that everything, especially life, has to come to an end.
Everything good that comes from life is based on it evntually ending, so a neverending life has no meaning.

MoonSpike

MoonSpike

Inside the Darkness

A blessing, of course, would be very beautiful to see the sun explode in a super nova and you still survive the explosion xD

Suicide is just an easy way of telling everyone that loves you, you hate them.

I most often feel that it is a blessing, although I occasionally perceive it as a curse.

kyubichan

kyubichan

Mobile Blackhole

This reminds me of a Greek (or was it Roman) myth where a goddess wished for her human lover to live forever... but forgot to wish for his eternal youth as well. You can imagine how that went along...

If given the chance, I'd like to be eternally youthful and immortal. The world intrigues me. There is a lot to see, and I want to watch mankind grow.

To answer the original question, it would be a blessing for me.

Because yes!

definitely a curse. sometimes it's bound to get boring

that is a curse. imaging you gotta work without ever stopping......

i believe is blessing and curse...

I think is blessing! to live forever means to be able to study all and to know all we have to know about our planet!

Tenin

Tenin

i would say a mixture of both. i would enjoy living forever, cause i have an intense fear of death, but living until the end and seeing all the screw ups man does would make it kinda hard to take in. BUT i think i would be kinda cool to see the end of the world. frighting, but still somewhat fascinating.

Why is it always the uncle...

zerojinnu

zerojinnu

Fuwa Fuwa Timu!!

i'd say a curse...cause for example..lets say a sword is slowly piercing your heart..as in slow motion...and you end up saying..when is this sword gonna stop my heart?..just hurry and kill me already!

thats what i think..

KIMI o miteru to itsumo HAATO DOKI DOKI

Tenin

Tenin

alot of people have been saying it would be a curse because life sucks for them now and it would suck if it lasted an eternity, but if u were an immortal could u basically do anything u wanted and have the best time of ur everlasting life? you could just leave if u didnt like some place and start over meeting new people and having a blast until the ALMIGHTY jesus says, " shoot no!" and kills ya with a beam of lighting that he borrowed from zeus and ends ur eternal life..... now im just rambling... but still!

Living forever is living alone. Everyone known passes away sooner or later. What defines an eternal life on Earth as a bless or a curse is the purpose of such life.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

zerojinnu

zerojinnu

Fuwa Fuwa Timu!!

but wouldn't living a life eternal mean that, lets say, "true love"..you found the only man/woman you'll truly love..but she'll die and you won't..and yeah..like leonardobarba said..all your loved one will pass away too..doesn't that sound lonely?...i think the point in life is to live it with no regrets..and not to take advantage of it ne?...or so i think?

KIMI o miteru to itsumo HAATO DOKI DOKI

That depends. When you say 'living forever' do you mean that you'll be the same age/body build? Because I remember this kids tv show where guy wanted to be immortal, and ended up really old, and couldn't do anything.

Otherwise, if you had the same, strong build, then it would be okay. You still have to work for money, and doing that for eternity isn't very appeasing.

Tenin

Tenin

@ Zerojinnu san- i understand what ur saying now. yea i guess it would be true depression would set in if a your true love died. but also, i think its a matter of opinion if someone would handle that differently from the next person. as in normal lives, loved ones die all the time, but we move on. i guess its more of an opinion about the controversy of remarrying after a partners death.

@ Radnom san- i had the impression that we would keep our body ( cant really keep an age, its defined by the number of years u lived...) and also i thought that we no longer needed to eat, drink or breathe. being truly immortal means there is no possible way to die, thats why suicide isnt even an answer. i dont know what the OP was thinking tho....

page 4 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » 222 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.