Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both? - Minitokyo

Listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Do you listen to music for the beat, lyrics, or both?

Beat
15 votes
Lyrics
7 votes
Both
61 votes
Neither. I don't listen to music
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Both, but if I had to choose one or the other; lyrics.

beat first, then the lyrics...

for the lyrics

Music comes first cuz if you want good lyrics, they got poetry and books and stuff
music first then lyrics later

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

nice beat

both!.........

Mekartur

Mekartur

Hiko Seijuro

both, but more precisely the beat.

Hiten-Mitsurugy-Ryu: KUZU-RYU-SEN!!

kamuinoyume

kamuinoyume

OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

I have to like both the beat and the lyrics in order to truly appreciate a song. If it's just the lyrics, then I wouldn't be too disappointed, but nonsencial beats don't ring to well in my head. For shorts no matter how catchy a song is if I don't like the lyrics, I won't like the song...unless it's foreign...

Live like you'll die tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever!

BOTH....but beat comes first, then I look at the lyrics.

I listen to music for the overall sound - the instruments used, the quality of the singing, the tune, the way it blends together...
The lyrics are more of an added bonus, but a song with fantastic lyrics can turn a really good song into an outright masterpiece. It's no wonder why I love Epica so much...

ahh! both! it's better when there are good lyrics and a good beat...but it's not thaaat often we find it lol

Mostly for the lyrics, but also for both

Both =) ...

Oh, I realized something kind of obvious: depending on what genre the song is and what singing style is being employed, the lyrics are prone to have a varying effect on the song itself. Death metal, for example - in most cases, the lyrics are incomprehensible on a first listen through, or at least for those who aren't any good at distinguishing one harsh noise from another. On the other end of the scale, most pop songs actually rely on their lyrics to make the song popular enough for success (whether because of the fact that a huge portion of their target audience are teenage girls who cling to romantic fantasies or something else, I'm not sure - I generally make a habit of keeping my distance from pop at all times).

I believe that convinacion of both must be one so that it arrives you to a song at the heart and the soul

definitely both

Both. For example, there are songs whose melodies I don't particularly like but their lyrics make me like them and vice versa. Though, if usually prefer both. Those kind of songs are the best.

Lyrics are a big factor because I love to sing along, but that doesn't mean the lyrics have to be deep. But without a good beat and sound and a bunch of other factors that make music what it is, the lyrics are just a poem. So I listen to music for both. Even if I don't know what the lyrics mean because they're in another language, I still think they play an important part, because it's generally the lyrics and the way in which they're presented that make a song stick with you.

hi =D ----------------

hey guys,
i

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Both of them, but usually beats comes first.

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

Archer89

Archer89

Just Another Faker

Both obviously. Losing the lyrics would make music become melody and losing the beats would make it plain singing.

Life - it's a one-shot affair

Both for me

Mostly for the lyrics, but also for both [2]

i listen to beat generally

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 126 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.