Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Work from Pixiv no longer allowed - Minitokyo

Work from Pixiv no longer allowed

Tagged under Pixiv

This thread is pinned.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

YukariSendou

YukariSendou

New World to Begin

That's right z827.. I don't care about it too.. If they don't want their works be stolen, then do not upload it.

"uruchai....uruchai....uruchai....uruchaaai...."Signature Image

Yamibou-Eve

Tagger

Yamibou-Eve

brace yourselves

It's like you read my mind!
Browsing through all the pages of pixiv art on MT just to get to one official scan was so annoying. Thou I was thankful to the members that uploaded the pixiv art with the link to the original, that really helped me.
I totally agree with the new policy, it's like your own wallpapers being posted without permission.

Tags don't fix themselves or disappear just bc you removed them >> Report@Tag Administration | Tagging Practices | Tagging Guidelines
my-maidenclamp-a-holictag-liciousSignature Image

I think one part was even a good idea. As said, the site will have more scans officers, instead of fanworks. And, honestly, I signed up on that site to get the scans officers.

Who wants pictures of Pixiv (Which, by the way, is a picture more beautiful than the other) go on-site pick them up. Not that hard to register there, in addition, there are several tutorials on the net. And again, I know sites that have images of Pixiv, so, if the MT took them, not the end of the world. Well, I do not know if Pixiv try to make deals that neither the MT, but if it is, well, the official site is waiting for you!

Sorry if it contains any errors of English

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Well, I must say "Finally." And I'm actually happy with that decision. Not that I dislike them, it's just.. they're basically fanart. Not scanned. And, I'm actually against using fanart. And that also including dounjinshi and all unofficial art. Great move, MT ^^

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

Ah, finally I can browse through the scans without having to pick out which are from Pixiv and which are official. Although those 'scans' are obviously not scans - most of the resolutions are indicative of that. As for deleting wallpapers with Pixiv content, I suppose that's unavoidable too, for using another's fanart to make wallpapers without their permissions just sounds like ripping ^_^"

I, as well am happy with these news. Apart from not being "scans", these works were in the wrong category (they had to be in Indy Art) and again, they couldn't be there because they were not the poster's work. These works had no place on MT.

However, what about the cases where the creator themselves post them? Like, a PixiPV member post works here as well. What then?

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

I think this is a wise decision. The pixiv image in the first place is not scan anyway. They are art created by people and this art are not submitted by the artist themselves so i think it is good that MT ban the submission of it. And now it is easier to look through the gallery for official scan and i think this should be the way it is.

jese-mx

jese-mx

JeSe-MX

@ Greece
I think that if a user is a member of TM and Pixiv, put their work in "IndyArt" and comment that he is the author of the picture (and put it into English, so it will be easy to know).
----
@greece
creo que si un usuario es miembro de MT y Pixiv, pondr

Super agree with this . I joined MT because I'm looking for "scans" .Yeah seriously, pixiv flood , making me sick ;-; .

Objection desu , Vocaloid section >.>

I’ll share my thoughts here too, as a member.

Whenever I posted Pixiv content here, it was only to share artwork I liked with the others members, and to have their feedback about it, since I didn’t do for the credit. I don’t consider this stealing, because I always gave credits to the owners by posting the original link to their works, and never claimed they were mine. I always thought that this exchange of media gave more exposure to the artists-to-be, but now I know some of them seem to like to be closed in their own little worlds, so leave them be.

I think it was wrong saying that any member here was stealing their art, only if they consider themselves as thieves too, because their art is not original after all, as any fan art or wallpaper we make here, unless of course, for those who create their own original characters, a thing I see a lot on DA, but not so much here in MT or in Pixiv.

Shequel and Minitokyo staff were very kind in agreeing of removing all their content from MT, since they did not have any obligation of doing so, according International or even Local Copyrights laws, that varies depending on the country in which the server of the site is hosted (which I have no Idea where it is). Only the real authors could demand such a thing as delet their material IF the law allow them to do so. But that’s another story.

Anyone who post a work here, or there, or anywhere else in the net, should be aware that their art is at the stake of being used without permission, but the only thing we can do is feel sorry, or angry, or whatever, since pretty much nothing can be done besides complaining, if we ever find who to blame for it. Or we can pay thousands of money to copyright it, if it is original of course. Then you can sue the so-called thieves and make some money with it '-'

I sure will miss the amazing Vocaloid walls we had here, since there is no official art of them, and they are going to be deleted. This is very sad, and this will be our main loss, since we won’t be able to make even new ones, unless someone is kind enough to make an official art book of them. Or maybe if our own artists here start to make some indie-art of them.

This decision doesn’t affect me in other ways, since I have my own account in Pixiv, and I will for sure keep enjoying the awesome art they have there, the only difference now is that I will have less people here to talk about it and share impressions. For those who claim not having an account there for not speaking Japanese, I recommend Google-Chrome, just click in the translate feature, no need of tutorials or complicated things like people mentioned above.

Life goes on =)

Signature

jese-mx

jese-mx

JeSe-MX

It seems that the decision is wrong understanding.

The decision not upload pixiv art, not made to respect copyright. We all know that by simply upload on the Internet, you run the risk of theft of work or to Plagiarism (have plagiarized my work).

The decision not upload Pixiv art, was to observe the rules of that domain. Pixiv says "no upload those work somewhere else."
Thus, MT respected to Pixiv, and Pixiv respects to MT.
-------
Parece que se est

MinaOukami

MinaOukami

Shinigami

chrisp: I really like your icon. Do you know the artist? It looks like it's from the Grimmjow fanart site, Enso. Unfortunately though, for some reason I can't access the site. It says "Forbidden" when I try to go there. The artist did write on her site, that if she finds her art posted on other sites without her permission, she'll make "Enso" inaccessible from other countries other than Japan. I saw her art posted on other sites without her consent but never wrote to her about it, as I wasn't very good at Japanese at the time and would've had to use an online translator. Can you access the site (I mean if the fanart in your icon is actually drawn by the artist)? I do hope you have the artist's permission to use that fanart though.

As for the topic at hand, I supported this idea from the very beginning. I didn't "officially" take part in the agreement, but I did state my view on the issue on a few "scans." As far as I know, the "foreigners" (from the Japanese members' perspective) are the minority at Pixiv, with the Japanese being the majority. While artists in general are fully against unauthorized use of their work in any form, the Japanese are possibly even more, for the lack of a better word, sensitive about it. I've seen many artist say that they make their galleries or even the whole sites inaccessible, if they discover their work posted or otherwise used on other sites without permission. The fact that people were collecting user credits (as in the ones spent downloading scans and wallpapers) with other people's fanarts was bothering me. I'm sure the Japanese artists don't approve of this, but some of them might give you the permission to post or use their work, if you just kindly ask for their permission; other than for commercial purposes or to have you claim them as your own.

Having said tbat, if I come across any Pixiv work on here, I'll make sure to report them.

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Is bad... the only section that will collapse are vocaloid (almost all of them are from DA and Pixiv), and Touhou... but well... this is life...

Maybe i can see in a near future when the dear staff of here have a nice talks with the japanese anime/manga industry about the same topic... and come with a equal agreement like the one with pixiv and minitokyo... you know about copyright issues... XD

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

i think is a good and a fair decision for this reason:

people only wants to gain credits without a care of anything and taking advantage of people and the system of MT to gain credits

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

abaddon13

abaddon13

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

XD ...oh nice...
So that's why my best wallpaper work disappeared from my 4 piece gallery.

Anyway, it's probably for the best I suppose.
We can't do anything about it anyway.

Requiescat in pace
Signature

in other word,we against every people who take our credit and use it for their own advantage

Thank you very much for this decision!

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

now I can see official scans here!

Signature Image

but you could, at least, have said that before removing then... so i could browse my favorite one of Miku.. *_*
maybe i can find it in Pixiv site?! >.<

bloore

bloore

the blur in your pants

lol guys, just lol

The Yuri Sneaker

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Finally. o:

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

YES. Finally. I love all the Pixiv art, but uploading stuff from there is like uploading stuff from DA.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Aww, my wall was deleted. Damn it ,i knew it was too beautiful to be a scan. xD
Yeah, it's a good move.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Thank you.

Theft is Theft. You don't have the right to upload some else's work.

Best thing i've read for this site ever.

Scans, not yours? Don't repost them.
DeviantArt

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 112 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.