Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 do you play piano??? - Minitokyo

do you play piano???

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

Quote by ElesielI play piano for hm... lets see.. for 14 years :D
Yeah sure I do like it since I still didn't break poor thing in parts even after playing all that tehnic improving stuff :P
songs I love.. I love Bethoven.. Well I like about every "hard" style there is.

woah 14 years.......quite long O_o...........
wuahaha beethoven is cool ^^ .............ow anda........would you like to join my Piano-Suki group???????

Parallax

Parallax

Actively Inactive

I got interested in playing the piano since I was young but stopped for a long long time. My interest came back now though but not as enthusiastic as before.

I play the piano only when I feel like playing it. And man, I badly need practice... -_-

ManOnFire

ManOnFire

Fiery wrath time! MWAHAHAHA!

I have two electric pianos, one a Yamaha keyboard that isn't working at the moment. I used to play piano years ago (around 6-8 years ago)... but those skills hardly ever go away. I'm not sure what sheets I like, since I'm more visual than musical, but I'll go along with more modern stuff... nothing too classical.

If it's red or fiery, I'll pay attention! WOOHOO! If it's red and fiery, GIMME!
Check my fiery userpage! (though I'm no photoshop expert):
Signature Image
Signature image made by ShueiTenshi. Thanks!

Quote by ParallaxI got interested in playing the piano since I was young but stopped for
a long long time. My interest came back now though but not as
enthusiastic as before.
I play the piano only when I feel like playing it. And man, I badly
need practice... -_-

aww.....you stopped playing piano......but it's nice that your interest has came back =)
mayB our group can make you more enthusiastic =) and mayB giving some tips ^^
(the group called Piano-suki) =)

Quote by ManOnFireI have two electric pianos, one a Yamaha keyboard that isn't working at
the moment. I used to play piano years ago (around 6-8 years ago)...
but those skills hardly ever go away. I'm not sure what sheets I like,
since I'm more visual than musical, but I'll go along with more modern
stuff... nothing too classical.

ugg.........the pain X_X.......a keyboard that doesn't work O_o....uggg..

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

We haven't introduced ourselves of how we got into piano in the first place. :)

My story goes like this... I had the inspiration from a Casio mini-keyboard I got from a cousin of mine. I didn't touch the keyboard when I first got it. But I had a little play around with it like 9 years since receiving it as a gift. Don't ask why it took so long for me to play on it, because I don't know myself.
Well, I remember I was in like my middle school around age 14, and my music teacher had us learn the first section of Ode To Joy, but that old news to me because I had mastered the entire piece all in the right hand.
After that I began listening to and playing traditional songs and music like Auld Lang Syne, Christmas carols, Oh Susanna!, etc.
Then I went further and started to play by ear the oldies and beautiful chinese music from the 70s-90s, that's when I got a lot of praise from my parents, and a turning point for me.

I was literally introduced into a new world. I never thought that music would be so much fun. Thus, after a little fiddle around with my Casio mini-keyboard (which I still have now and working beautifully), my parents bought a larger keyboard, a Yamaha 49-key keyboard (without touch sensitivity of course). Took up keyboard lessons, played on Yamaha, after 2-3 years, it broke. So bought another Yamaha, 61-key this time. Still on keyboard lessons until age 15, and that when my keyboard teacher asked me if I was interested in learning piano. I said yeah. She said, that I better start at Grade 3, and I had her as my piano teacher. After 2 years, obtained a Merit at Grade 3.
Then I think at age 17, I started on Grade 5, and boy that took the longest. It took me 3 years because of switching piano teachers and college (that is six-form, not university of course). Only obtained a pass at Grade 5 at 20, I think... or was I 19? Gah.
Then I started on Grade 6 on 2000, which it took me under 2 years to complete, and obtained only a pass.
And now, no more piano lessons, because of university. But I'm totally under the trance of my piano and I just keep playing many many chinese and anime tunes.

But since I haven't touched music for a long time, that is REAL music as in notes and theory, I have awful sight-reading (as usual). I can bearly read anything, except for Grade 1 and 2 music. I can play by ear but not right down the notes and rhythm behind it, mainly because I'm super lazy.
That's why I want to take up learning piano on my own when I graduate from my Psychology degree.

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I have played the piano for like 2 to 3 years, but stopped. I really don't have any favorites.

well........that's a long story kei XD
hmz.....how I got to piano eh????? well... XD I don't really know XD...but I was taking piano lessons because of my mom.....she wants me to learn how to play -_-"...............i think I really hate to play piano at that age....(I began learning play at 5) well....I followed lessons at some art acadamy.....I'm glad that I had a very nice teacher ^^, I was sometimes inspired by her to play on the piano.........at home I never want to practice......but the teacher just said to me, that I only have to play about 10 minutes one day..........that sounds better then 2 hours a day O_o....ugg....so i did that........I got 1 lesson a week of 15 minutes.........at someday...the teacher just asked me if I want to play before a public in some presentation or something..(dunno how to say that.....sorry about my stinky english T_T) I was abit scared....so I didn't want to play.....but she said I can think about it.........when I told my mom about that she says you can go play to get some experience ......so...I gave my asnwer...and in no time I was playing on that platform......I was...7 I think or 8 O_o.....I was playing some scary music for some scene .......it didn't went wrong.......I was happy about that ^^(dressed in some tuxedo O_o.......arg got stuck fast...)......then I stopped to take lessons on that academy........some friend of my mom said that I should go to a private teacher where her son was taking his lessons too........that theacher wasn't really nice.....I got scared about her......got really some sheets to play........too much.......I really hate that.....but I was always happy when I played a good song.....because I was receving some candy from her XD *yummie* well...I've token 2 years private lesson at her place.....after that....I have took lessons at the academy again......I was 10 or 11 by that time........at that time my interesse of playing piano raised.........but......the teacher gave me some ridiculous sheets....it didn't sound nice.....and it was some kind of practice sheet t_t.....i really hate that....it was called etude i thought XD some crappy book t_t.......i said that to my teacher.......and asked for some nice music....so she gave me songs like alla turca(mozart), fur elise(beethoven) and she recommended me that sonatine book......I really like that sort of songs........music......after taking about 2-3 years of lessons.......my mom gave me some freedom......so ...the first thing i did was......CANCEL THE lessons xd............i was happy after that........but after a time (about 1 year)I missed my piano......(got under the dust +_+) after some cleaning and tuning by the tuner, I was going to play on my piano again.......this time...songs out of that sonatine book and some anime music that I've got on the web...........and that's my situation till now........sometimes when I'm in the mood I'll play something....and sometimes not.........well......my Interest for playing piano raised again by friends and school....that's the reason I'm still playing =D hehe.............this is my piano story ........ugg....I tink it is a bit long.....but not so long as that of kei's one XD

I'm still in the process of learning,my friend is teaching me and i've been playing for a year,now!!!^_^

dont criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!!

Quote by NerikoI'm still in the process of learning,my friend is teaching me and i've been playing for a year,now!!!^_^

would you like to join our group neriko ???? ^^
that would be nice =D
well...think about it =D

I dont have a piano and I can't play one.
I only love to hear music especially instrumental music,
but not playing it.
---

I've played piano for a while, the violin as well

i love playing "Through the years and far away" (song from Hoshi no Koe) and Yakusoku (from Love Hina)

i didn't like the songs I was playing, that's why i quit. But recently, i've been trying to play some anime songs =D

Quote by rtwesenI've played piano for a while, the violin as well

i love playing "Through the years and far away" (song from Hoshi no Koe) and Yakusoku (from Love Hina)

i didn't like the songs I was playing, that's why i quit. But recently, i've been trying to play some anime songs =D

cool violin ^^ wauhahah some nice instrument too....I remember when I was young....I've bashed with a violin of my cusin on the ground xd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got some blabla over my head after that xD.....
well.......hmz...mayB you are interested in my group ????? =D
It would be great if you join =D think about it =D

I'm now starting to learn how to play a keyboard, self learn. I know it's hard to learn by myself, but I can;t afford piano lessons. I try to learn from the web and books, but they doesn;t seems to be sufficient,.

darkfighter

darkfighter

darkfighter000

I play the piano and love playing it. I study independently. So my progress is kinda slow. I don't want a piano teacher.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

well i HAD and i still got a keybord but i dont play it anymore it also had maney songs in it

It is time for you to drown

Quote by darkfighterI play the piano and love playing it. I study independently. So my progress is kinda slow. I don't want a piano teacher.

ow well........piano teachers are sometimes very nice....and they can help you improve alot ......but that's just my opinion ^^..........

They can be very evil too. But I very much agree that with their help, we improve better and much faster than self study

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Quote by runemasterThey can be very evil too. But I very much agree that with their help, we improve better and much faster than self study

Yes, some very strict but that doesn't make them evil. Some are very self-absorbed towards music that one should spend 4 hours everyday dedicated to piano, and usually it's true, they do tell you to practise at least 1 hour everyday.
However, piano teachers are more or less the only source to judge the level and/or whether you're there to meet a certain level and when you're able to take exams. If you're just on your own, you've no criteria to compare yourself to, whether you've met a certain level etc. or when you're prepared for an exam.

theultimatemiracle

theultimatemiracle

Todai Aspirant

Hai~~...i do play the piano but i've seem to be losing my touch. I've learnt to play it since i was 6 but eversince 2 years ago i've been major in the Acoustic and Bass guitar that i haven't touch the piano for quite a long time.

Signature Image
Narusegawa!!! I've Always Liked You!!!----Keitaro; Love Hina

Quote by theultimatemiracleHai~~...i do play the piano but i've seem to be losing my touch. I've
learnt to play it since i was 6 but eversince 2 years ago i've been
major in the Acoustic and Bass guitar that i haven't touch the piano
for quite a long time.

hmz...I didn't touch my piano for a year....after that ......I'm starting slowly to play again......it's nice to hear piano music ^^.......try to pick up......piano...one of the beautifullest instruments in da world ^^

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

wheeeee!!! now this is my expertise! ;)

i finished all levels in 6 years... so i'm free lol. (i really hope that didn't sound braggy :S)
it gets tiring tho. cuz my parents pushed me really hard....

advice tho: never TAKE GR10 piano, and if u do, get a good teacher and practice a lot :P
its a big pain.... literally.

well don't get me wrong. learning was fun! i just don't like the praticing part ^^'' and i'm picking up some anime piano songs now so its far more enjoyable ;)

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Quote by MoonlightEternitywheeeee!!! now this is my expertise! ;)
i finished all levels in 6 years... so i'm free lol. (i really hope
that didn't sound braggy :S)
it gets tiring tho. cuz my parents pushed me really hard....
advice tho: never TAKE GR10 piano, and if u do, get a good teacher and
practice a lot :P
its a big pain.... literally.
well don't get me wrong. learning was fun! i just don't like the
praticing part ^^'' and i'm picking up some anime piano songs now so
its far more enjoyable ;)

hmz....some pro here again ^^!!!!!!
darn....grade 10 >_<.......i don't even have grade 1 xD....I'm gradeless ...mwahuaha xD.....some buy with unknown level....a well.....practice.....it takes alot of time T_T but it's fun ^^ hmz...pushing hard by parents heh??? hmz...Igot that same problem when I was palying...-_-"... well.....share the fun ^^

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

gradeless means that u dont kno! for all i could kno you could be beyond gr10... teaching level!
*gasp gasp* =P

lol. But if ur parents push u, u get better! tho u start to dislike piano *grumble grumble* but hey! good on the long run :D

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

I have played the piano since I was eight (my mother insisted :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: )
my favourite song is the piano solo version of "scarlet" the opening theme of ayashi no ceres.

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.