Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Pope - Recent News and Events - Minitokyo

The Pope - Recent News and Events

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I am creating this thread for all people to express their thoughts/feelings/etc about what is happening with the Pope and possible outcomes of his sickness.

I am not Catholic, but this is pretty historical. I am making a safe place for people to say what that feel in a safe environment.

If this turns into a flamewar of ANY kind, all parties involved will be banned from Minitokyo. You can disagree with policies and beliefs, but be respectful of others.

EDIT 2
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3305285/

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Since I do not watch television on campus, I need to know information about the Pope's sickness. If I can determine the symptoms, I may be able to tell the result.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Well, I'm not a religious person at all, but I do feel for him. It's quite clear that he was out of hospital far too quickly last time and it's costing him now. Having said that, it's hard for him to leave his post for too long. I don't think he will survive much longer, but I do hope whatever happens, that he goes peacefully.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

bloodphoenix

bloodphoenix

Shadowflame

I was once a christian but not anymore I do however care for his health and wonder who it is that will replace him when his time is up(and before!! anyone starts making stupid complaints I am not suggesting anything by that last statement along the lines that his time is nearly up) the pope is a very important person so the effect of his death will have quite a large effect and hope that when his death comes it will be peacefull and gentle one

Time is wriitten on the wind Fate is not carved in sheets of stone these are the words that I have heard~gasaraki
I lie in darkness because darkness lies in me

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

If the pope is unable to ward off diseases, then it is likely that his future isn't looking too good. I don't want to offend anyone nor do I mean to be pessimistic by saying this, but his chances are not looking too good. However, if he undergoes that surgery or transplant or whatever he needs to be able to live, his life may be artifically prolonged.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Thanks for making this thread, I hadn't read the news yet today, bad me, but it is terrible that this has happened to the pope. I am not Catholic either, but I know he means so much to a lot of people, and it is truly a sad thing that this has happened to him. I think right now he needs to focus on getting better rather then his other duties. I don't really know much about what a pope has to do and all of the rules, but perhaps there is a stand in pope for him? Apparently he already has Parkinson's disease...how sad T_T Well, i shall keep him in my prayers. I suppose it is up to God now.

Signature

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

Nuri like yesterday on IRC? ... :P ... anyway the Pope is the wisest man on earth...

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

All that we can do is pray he gets better, but if his health just gets worse...then I'm sure himand his followers will realise it's God's will that he leave this existence now, adn goes on to the better place. Although, I'm not deeply religious, I am Christian and he is in my thoughts and I'm sure many other's too.

blueboy21

Here have a cookie!

#1 Nuriko, good job on making a post for topic.
#2 I just do want to say that I agree with most of all your comments. I feel sorry for the Pope. And I also think his time is coming closer. Part of is thinking the Pope knows he will not be able to keep on going. But the other part of me is thinking he remain will the Pope because he the human successor of Jesus to all Catholics and he may not want to quit because of that.
#3 I also want to say that I'm Catholic. (But I 've got notherwonrg with anything that anybody has said so far.)

what\'s your Mission?
Blue out, bye ;P

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

hum... weird thread topic Nuriko, but it really interesting nevertheless... it's cool you thought about it ^^

well... i'm Catholic but i'm not exactly a firm believer... i don't always agree with the Popes' too traditional way of seeing things too... but i guess it's a little sad that he's so sick... i'm really sorry for him... then again, but we're all doomed to die someday, i guess he's just closer to that time than most of us... and i'm not being mean, just realistic, he's 84 after all... i guess, as skysong said, it's up to God now...

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

I got the update from CNN today in my mailbox that he'd had the surgery. Very bad indeed. While I'm not Catholic, I am Christian and my prayers go out to him. He's such an important part of so many lives, the passing of a Pope is never easy.

Quote by skysong... I don't really know much about what a pope has to do and all of the rules, but perhaps there is a stand in pope for him?...

I think until the group of highest ranked Cardinals??? deem the Pope to be unfit for his duties, he will stay the Pope. I don't think he can have a stand-in Pope until he gets better, and the process of choosing a new Pope can be quite long I believe.
Anyway I pray that the Pope isn't in too much discomfort after such an arduous surgery when he is so frail. :(

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

Im a Catholic ^_^;;

i feel sorry for him, it must be hard to do those speeches and stuff >__<;;

DarkChronos

DarkChronos

The Wicked One This Way Comes

well, i hope you dont get me wrong, but.... I HOPE HE DIE AS SOON AS possible! his health is "deplorable" since long time ago, i cant understand the vatican who keeps him still working :S

Tes

Ichi-nii

I'm Atheist.. I really don't trust believe or whatever in the church.. I really don't get trusting in lots of lies.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

equinox01

equinox01

Lost In Darkness

I suscribe to no religion, Only to my own belifs

But to be on Topic this is a giong to be talked about alot especially in the catholic comunity also hes giong to get alot more media attention now just wait he will most likly be fine eaven though he is over 80

Signature
I don' Like myself much
Shadow

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

God has a plan for all of us and so does he to the Pope....when the world unites then there would be peace again but for now its time to hope and pray. Religious as i am , most of the catholics out there will pray for him and for him to get better from his illness...

"And where we find the light is through the darkness but even in the deepest of darkness there stands only one light...." thats where im heading, maybe to a better place... :)

Pope? no... this can't be :(

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

(If I offend anyone, ban me if you wish.)
If it was up to me I would put him out of his misery. All over the years that I seen him. He look sick, very sick. God is pretty much tell it his time to go. I'm not a Catholic but I do repect the Pope. He is very wise indeed.
(To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what I am.)
Well good luck to the Pope where ever God decide him to go to.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Tes, this thread doesn't really have to do with faith....or the church....it's about a very influential person in the world in bad condition. -_-

DarkChronos, it's not only the vatican that keeps him as pope, the pope himself decides to remain a pope. No matter what condition he is in, he's still a strong spiritual leader. It's sad that he's suffering so much while surving the church, it's people and God, but I'm sure he's doing so willingly. I know where you're comming from tho, I really wish he didn't have to suffer so much and seem to have to do so much even though it's obvious that he's suffering to an extent. I hope that when he passes on, it's a peaceful passing.

Indeed, much like the passing of a King/Queen, the passing of the Pope will be a very important point in history. Especially when he's been around for so long and is quite influential.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Well this shouldn't even have anything to do with the ideology of religion at all. Just a great person that is facing the twilight of his life. I think we need to leave the religion dicussion out of ths, just celebrate this man's life whether you believe in his work or not. It is always a sad day to see someone in such circumstance, but I believe he has a wonderful life without regret.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

This pope has really reached out to the youth of the US, and has done a pretty good job as pope. It is a shame that people age. However, I hope God has a good reception for him if/whenever he goes.

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

I'm not particularly religeous myself but I am spiritual. I don't really feel any kind of sympathy or remorse for the pope. I do feel for the man who is the pope though. Let me explain. Despite his title, he is still a man. As with all living things, he is dying. Although natural, it is still sad to see a light of life become extinguished. NOW.....at the same time, he is the pope. That is a title. When that title is worn, he is a different person (figurativly of course). His health has been of poor status for quite some time now. It has gotten to the point where he can not even read aloud anymore. It is difficult to understand him. I've seen his public speakings (on and off) for the past few years on TV and I could tell, even then, that he was hanging onto his life by a single thread. That I find understandable. Being human, you want to live as much as possible. What I don't respect is that he won't step down as Pope just because he doesn't want to give up power. His advisors have asked him if he would think about resigning and appointing a new Pope and he said no!!! In all honesty he cannot perform the duties required of him to lead his religeous followers so why make such a selfish remark? I don't know, but a man is judged by his actions and I don't like his.

Sorry, if this offended anyone. I just wanted to add my 2 cents... :hmpf:

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

einna

einna

*kisu* ^.~

Ooh... I didn't know that Pope John Paul II was actually a very influential pope! Another Pope Saint I guess. I'm just glad that people do care for him. And yes, we have to set our boundaries on other religions down because this is not a matter of what we believe in.

Well, he was the one who released the 3rd secret of the Lady of the Nations. I think he did his best in leading us and showing us the way to the light.^_^

Whatever may happen to him, I hope God will always be with him.

Signature

Aerith0530

Aerith0530

~ I s r a f e l ~

Hm, it's funny how people don't care about the Pope as a person but rather as a .... I don't know. I mean, most people say, "Oh, the Pope is sick, interesting", but not, "oh, I hope this elderly man can recover his health". And most of the time, not many of the younger generations would ever give a hoot about the Pope, I don't think they even care now. And I'll admit, I'm not overly concerned about the Pope as the Pope, I just hope the man gets better.

Aside form all that, either way, good health of not, I'd say there will be a Con Clave (spelling?) in a few years, or, even sooner, I mean, he is 84. That's quite tragic, he is a good Pope.

Signature

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 103 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.