Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime-mircx busted - Minitokyo

Anime-mircx busted

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 100 total items

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

The site has temporarily closed ---

*ADV has requested that we remove a number of torrents and series from the site. As a result, the torrent listings will be unavailable until we are able to sort through them and implement a method to prevent the requested torrents and series from being automatically indexed in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience.*

Also dowloadanime.org has their torrents down as well and taking down licensed series.

raging_otter

Not In

damn and i always go to that website too to look for latest anime... :(
do you know how long they will close?

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Probably until they take down all their licensed torrents.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

HAHAHAHA!

Nice.

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Aw crap....T_T

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Maybe this will probably force more people to buy dvds instead of downloading them, but now that I think about it...probably not since they're downloading it in the first place.

Quote by fallen angelMaybe this will probably force more people to buy dvds instead of downloading them, but now that I think about it...probably not since they're downloading it in the first place.

Yep, there are a lot more sources to get license anime than just bit torrent.

arkkhhh when i on leave, the most usefull web-site went down...uuuuwwaaaaaa now searching *_*

Kayouss

raging_otter

Not In

Quote by fallen angelMaybe this will probably force more people to buy dvds instead of downloading them, but now that I think about it...probably not since they're downloading it in the first place.

actually many ppl like me would buy dvds of the animes we like... for example i like animes like GTO, Love Hina, etc. ...
as for so so animes... well you can watch and burn em or just delete after watching...

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

awww man that sux ass...i hope they dun take out like FMA or somethin...that would suck so bad

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

ADV should die!!!!!!! damn those profit hungry *(%#*()!!! XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

(Prices in Australian Dollars)

There's always people with them on DC.
It sucks though... Anime DVDs are sooooo much more expensive than normal live action ones and they don't even have nearly as much special features either =/ Average price here is like $34.95 each, rip-off if you ask me. I can get great live action movie DVDs for $20 and they've got plenty more special features...

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

I'm glad, people shouldn't download licensed show.

Signature

$34.95 for a dvd? Where are you buying? I get mine for $20.00 the day they come out for most series, otherwise they are around $25.00 unless I am buying an artbox. Anyways, companies like ADV, funimation, geneon, etc are willing to spend a lot of money for the rights to shows that might never take off. If it wasn't for american licensing, some anime's might have never been made. The japanese companies make money off of us buying the dvds too.

Those prices are probably in canadian... anyways. Its not like I would have the money to buy anime even if I wanted to.. Liscensed or not many people download anime because they dont have the money. It would be great to have the real thing but many cant spare the money for 3 to 5 dvds, maybe more... *sigh* off to irc...

There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only necessity...

You know many people live outside of America, so price of anime DVDs in some countries is twice or trice more because of shipping. And if you like the series you'll buy DVD, but many people download torrents to see what is exactly that anime everybody's talking about. I, for example, strongly dislike Eva - I watched it once, that's enough. But to buy Eva DVDs....ewwww.

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Crap~~ I must say that I use that site for 90% of my downloads~ =x

Mah.. there still are plenty of other sites I've saved for just this ocassion XD

i guess its not so bad since animesuki is still here but i guess that means no fma or chrno crusade for me.....

Doesn't surpise me, they had it coming.

I can understand the money argument in a way, not like I have unlimited money either. Yet I have a decent collection (185 anime dvds and growing). I simply used my money on that instead of buying other stuff, partying and such.
On the other hand I find it a little hypocritical (I guess this will result in a load of flames :\) as people seem to not be able to afford dvds yet they gladly pay a load of money for a high-speed i-net connection to download with and then cds/dvd/hds to store it on. There is something that doesn't fit with that in my
mind...
This is not targeted towards anyone here, it's meant to describe the stereotypical leecher. I know people who spend 100+$ on their 'net-connection/month and still say they cannot afford dvds >.<

This being off my mind I'll be the first to admit that I'm no saint myself, but I do buy a couple of dvds (at least) every month and generally try to support the industry so more can be made. Because I actually like the stuff, if you like something support it.
And without people buying there won't be money for new series, especially with the Western market being increasingly important to the japanese makers as they need the extra money as their own market is slightly declining.

Anime in i-net is up-to-date, i mean they all always update all the anime airing in japan tv's and put on the web-site...

its pissed me off when i know the new anime airing but i couldn't buy it here... coz they not arrived yet >_<... so in other way, i just waiting... until the DVD's are available to buy... hemmm usually in a couple of month... and the translation so got dammmmm bad...

most of anime in internet use simple words, i mean not changing the translation...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz waiting DVD's... again :p

Kayouss

there are more other sources zo get licensed animes...
example MIRC...very fast

Well, I have a feeling they are taking down the anime's that have been licensed. And I completely understand that, though I hate it.

About the high speed internet. I have high speed internet. I pay around 40 bucks a month. I don't know any high speed internet, cable adsl or above that's 100 plus a month. that's if you have digital cable and if some idiot is claiming they spend 100 bucks a month on internet and are using their cable bill as reference, well then they deserved to be kicked.

I don't have high speed because of downloads, that's not the reason. Me and my husband both use it for work and such. My hubby being a 3d animator needs the high speed internet to upload his things to his boss and website. I think alot of people with hish speed don't get it souly for downloads.

This is by no mean a flame or anything like that. I just wanted to explain my point of veiw and a bunch of other peoples that I know. When i find an anime/manga that I'm interested in, I'll download it first. Get all I can. If it's wicked, Like Naruto, FMA, and Samurai Champloo, then as soon as that puppy comes out on DVD, I'll buy it. But if it's just okay then hell no, I'm not buying that shit. Like I like Inu Yasha, but I don't wanna buy it, I don't feel it's that great. And not to mention, lord that's like my bills for several months.

If I lived in Japan and was able to watch the shows there, I'd be fine with it. Such as say Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now here it's in being shown like 4 times a day and on Saturday nights. Man if you missed it, you can watch it again. But in other countries that not so. So what are they to do? I don't get to watch FMA or Naruto on Wednesday and Saturday night cause American is so backasswards about animation and were it belongs that we are lucky they show Adult Swim at all.

So to sum up, I'm all for Downloading, I'm gonna keep doing it. If one site goes down, another pops up in it's place. NOt that big of a deal. Plus like Sharingan said, there are so many other avenues to download from that it's just kinda pathetic.

anyways, just my two cents.

"I shall call him 'Squishy,' and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy." - [Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) from Finding Nemo]

dustin

dustin

Gem Stone

Quote by sharinganthere are more other sources zo get licensed animes...
example MIRC...very fast

Actually mirc is just an IRC-client which can be used to get into IRC and there is the anime, not in mirc. Some people seem to have mixed mIRC and IRC.

btw, anime.mircx.com does no longer exist in dns servers so it's taken permanently down or just removed temporarely.

<<On the other hand I find it a little hypocritical (I guess this will result in a load of flames :\) as people seem to not be able to afford dvds yet they gladly pay a load of money for a high-speed i-net connection to download with and then cds/dvd/hds to store it on. There is something that doesn't fit with that in my
mind...
>>

The problem with this statement is mean age at this site - many of us live with our parents or at college. I live both, depending on the semester. So during spring/fall I have university access to the internet [read: high speed]. During the rest of the year, my parents pay for utils, including internet. On my own, I couldn't even afford to pay the lights and gas. Students (most anime in america's prime audience, mind you) are just not usually equiped to pay rent AND buy anime.
That said, I agree with others who've said this already: I download to test it out. I NEVER would have bought Kaleido Star when it came out if I hadn't watched a number of eps, fansubbed after it was "liscensed" a year or two ago. Now I'm a Kaleido fiend and will buy every dvd. Same for Azumanga Daioh and Furuba. But it makes me pause when the very company who has just benefited from my use of fansubs as a filter is now shutting them down. It makes me consider just borrowing from friends instead of giving them my very eeked out money that could be better used put into stocks for when I graduate university.
It's something to think about.

Signature
my guy: my life would be complete with rapid weight loss and larger breasts.
me: boobs on a stick! boobs on a stick!

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 100 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.