Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your philosophy of life? - Minitokyo

What is your philosophy of life?

page 6 of 7 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 147 total items

My philosophy in life is to examine the world, find what questions you have. Not the answers, just the questins. For you cannot know anything, knowledge is too abstract.

What your senses tell you, those can be false. You can think you hear something, but you didn't. You can think you felt something, but you didn't. The senses can be fooled. But you're mind, your thoughts, your questions--are real.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" ~Socrates

Love is my Life, Life is my Love...

you've got to do what you've got to do thats my philosophy

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Hmm... Let go. There's no point of living your life worrying about things you can't control, but just make sure you don't fall so behind everything tumbles into shambles. and be tolerant of differences when appropriate. It's okay not to tolerate things such as rape, though.

And, be a pessimist. For everything goes better than expected when you're a pessimist. XD

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

Mine is "No Regrets, No Resentments".
Easier said than done, though...

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

One would be, "The world is no longer in the simple days of purely personal consequences. Your actions cab be a stone's throw a puddle, or a boulder's plummet in the waterfall."

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I believe my duty here is to make the world a better place by protecting people and teaching them to live happily. I think I should be a good example and show that its not impossible to do some of the things that are hard to do. I want to finish my PhD in the computer science field and possibly work in the human-computer interaction area of research. I want to help improve the way machines work with people. :) Those are all the things I want. I believe in God, however, and I believe he has an active interest in my life. I want to be a positive part of his tapestry and will adhere to his example in Jesus. Be kind, be understanding, and be forgiving. :) Its a big load but I want to help people to the best of my extent.

To me, life is to obtain as much perfection as possible.
Also to find love to keep my mind of thinking of why i exist etc...

\(^o^)/

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

No Regrets, No Resentments.

Well, ideally that is....

merged: 11-24-2005 ~ 07:47am
In response to jasaiyajin's question:

Why no regrets, no resentments?
Because none of them bring a positive impact in our lives.
People might say if you feel no regret, how can you push yourself to be a better person?
Well no regrets doesnt mean no remorse or doing nothing to amend what has been done wrong. It is just a state of accepting what has been done (not forgetting nor pretending it didnt happen), and not dwelling on it.

Similar thing with resentments. They do us no good.
People might say it is necessary to be angry or resent someone who has done you wrong so you can defend yourself. I believe this is not the case. You can still do the necessary actions to protect or defend yourself without any anger or resentments. I am not saying it is an easy thing to do, but it is possible, through holding the right views.

That is what I believe.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

I am agnostic and antisexual. The meaning that I've put to my consciousness is to have others remain alive as long as I can, learn everything I can, help as many people to learn as I can, and to remain alive as long as I can. Pretty much in that order from most important to least important of those four.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

can i sing a song?

Let it be, Let it be , Let it be, Let it be
There will be an answer, Let it be Let it be

Beatles
Their words be praised

merged: 11-27-2005 ~ 12:07pm
oh by the way, i am sure the creator never made us to go find out who he or she is and will never wanted us to go all out looking for him, so don't bother askin, like i said in my post, let it be, we are not worthy to ask...so don;t bother, the answer is there, just that we are not worthy to know, and not worthy to ask for it.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

My is "Evrything in live has two sides"
it is only a point of view that is good or evil for something in live.

Well let's see, my philosophy of life. I am a Christian, but not because that was how I was brought up. Maybe that's how it was when I was a child, but all of it just makes sense to me now. I don't see how I would be able to live my life thinking that there is nothing after death. If I'm just going to die tomorrow, and that's the end of everything for me, then what's the point of living for today? No matter how you may change the world, it makes no difference if your existance is just going to be snuffed out once you die. Some people may like to relate life to a game. They say that you should make the best of the game while you play it until the end, which is death. You make the best of a game so you can create good memories to recall later on. The difference is that without life after death, you won't be able to recall the good times you had while on Earth because you are no more. What is the point of helping other people if their lives will be extinguished as well? There isn't!

That's why I believe there is a Heaven, a Hell, and a final judgement. Without this, I don't see why we are even bothering to live - why we don't all just kill ourselves now. Sure, maybe religion IS just an ideal invented by humans so we can feel like there is a meaning to life. We will never know for sure until death comes to greet us. There is also no way to warn others of the fate after death once we discover it. But I say: It's better to be safe than sorry, right?

I also believe that this world is too complex and well crafted to be the cause of some random event that just "happened" to occur. Survival of the fittest? There are people who overcome cancer and other deadly diseases. I don't think this is just the work of a random factor or pure "science" either. There is definitely a higher being at work.

I base my philosophy of life on logic. I base my logic on my faith and it makes sense to me in that way. Now all these finer questions of religion that people like the point out, for example, "How did God come to be?" I believe these kinds of questions are irrelivent. I have no reason to know. How can we prove that the universe is infinite? We can't. And what difference would it make if we could? Some things we will never know the truth about in this world - some things we don't need to know the truth about.

So whose view of reality is correct? I believe my view is correct because it wouldn't be my view otherwise. I believe that the person over there also believes his own view is correct. It's confusing stuff, I know. But this is our wonderful human nature; we crave knowledge, but we can never satisfy the hunger.

More or less, I belive just about what you said, We all exist by just pretty much chance. I do NOT belive in a "creator" and to me, it really doesn't matter where we all come from and if there is or not a "creator". So I guess that's all I have to say, bye

merged: 12-11-2005 ~ 04:11am
umm... also I belive once you die, you lay there in the ground motionless for as long as your bones don't decompose into nothing. The prospect of having an "afterlife" to me is irresonable because what in us would go on? Our brains are more or less all that controls us so what would go on to an "afterlife"?

o-sama-laden-san

Special Jounin

Some people think humans are beings that have occiasnial spiritual expeiences....i tend to think we'r spirits that have ocasional human experiences. As in, this existance is merely one of an unlimited amount of manifestations that can be expeienced and that have been experinced, and we'r here simply becuase they are lessons we are still learning, or are here on our own free will to expand ourselves and grow, or something like that lol. I mean, its a fact that nothing can be created or destroyed, it just changes form, so i think it is with our conciousness and such, also the principal of alchemy. thats another thing too, people often miss the point of alchemy and think of it as purely material, but infact its a metaphor for transendance, transmuting a crude metal to a higher one, it was more of a spiritual quest then a material goal...anyway im rantiing lol nevermind

The six sayings of Al-Yahm'Shar

1- When what you want doesn't happen, learn to want what does.
2- Do not buy either the moon or the news, for in the end they will both come out.
3- Call someone your lord and he'll sell you in the slave market.
4- A known mistake is better than an unknown truth.
5- Meaningless laughter is a sign of ill-breeding.
6- Only lawyers and painters can turn white to black.

Quote by blueinkWell let's see, my philosophy of life. I am a Christian, but not because that was how I was brought up. Maybe that's how it was when I was a child, but all of it just makes sense to me now. I don't see how I would be able to live my life thinking that there is nothing after death. If I'm just going to die tomorrow, and that's the end of everything for me, then what's the point of living for today? No matter how you may change the world, it makes no difference if your existance is just going to be snuffed out once you die. Some people may like to relate life to a game. They say that you should make the best of the game while you play it until the end, which is death. You make the best of a game so you can create good memories to recall later on. The difference is that without life after death, you won't be able to recall the good times you had while on Earth because you are no more. What is the point of helping other people if their lives will be extinguished as well? There isn't!

That's why I believe there is a Heaven, a Hell, and a final judgement. Without this, I don't see why we are even bothering to live - why we don't all just kill ourselves now. Sure, maybe religion IS just an ideal invented by humans so we can feel like there is a meaning to life. We will never know for sure until death comes to greet us. There is also no way to warn others of the fate after death once we discover it. But I say: It's better to be safe than sorry, right?

I also believe that this world is too complex and well crafted to be the cause of some random event that just "happened" to occur. Survival of the fittest? There are people who overcome cancer and other deadly diseases. I don't think this is just the work of a random factor or pure "science" either. There is definitely a higher being at work.

I base my philosophy of life on logic. I base my logic on my faith and it makes sense to me in that way. Now all these finer questions of religion that people like the point out, for example, "How did God come to be?" I believe these kinds of questions are irrelivent. I have no reason to know. How can we prove that the universe is infinite? We can't. And what difference would it make if we could? Some things we will never know the truth about in this world - some things we don't need to know the truth about.

So whose view of reality is correct? I believe my view is correct because it wouldn't be my view otherwise. I believe that the person over there also believes his own view is correct. It's confusing stuff, I know. But this is our wonderful human nature; we crave knowledge, but we can never satisfy the hunger.

you are a perfect example of a christian.
you beieve in heaven and hell because you are afraid your existance will vanish once your dead. But does that mean heaven and hell really exist? or isnt it rather a proove of how the wrong image of heaven and hell was created by taking advantage of typical human thoughts and fears (lol that greedy priests even made money with that in the midage).
You believe in god because you cant understand this universe and cant comprehend its complexity. I cant blame you for not understanding since noone knows that much of the universe yet and theories are just theories (come again in 300 years...)
But saying i dont understand, so here is "god" and he created the universe - problem solved, is how people 1000 years ago tried to explain something thats beyond their reach of understanding. coming up with just something isnt the way to find the truth (its like there happened a murder and the police just pick some random guy and say: it was you! just for having a murderer instead of finding the real one.)

you ask how i can live not believing in heaven or hell?
live a good life, live a happy life. you have to enjoy live while you are going through and it will not be like you in your bed in the last day of your life and say: well now everything was for nothing since i die anyway...
you had fun-moments in your life that were worth going through.
Some people say, they want to create something big and change something in the world so other people in the future will remember them.
Or when youve wantched enough animes you might have niticed the commen philospphy that "once you died you will live on in other peoples heart". It just means that theres a part of you that will be eternal by the impact you had on other people like your friends and familymembers who who are still alive and those leave their impact on others and so theres allways a part of you that remains(unless human race kills itself). but i guess its pretty much the same as all those others that want to be eternal through getting famous or big actions and inventions.
Those people dont care if they die and vanish because they die happy leaving an impact on the coming generations, even if they wont see this themselfes.

Religion might be something good for people like you, since it gives you hope and the will to live, but the are people who can live without lies and religion becomes a burden when it blocks biological science for unresonable foolish biblish reasons that dont make any sense.

swiftsword420

swiftsword420

Dead To The World

im not sure if ive already answered this one but i wanted to post anyways, okay?! i beieve that there is no philosophy to life. i believe we are all victim to the circumstances that other peoples actions have made for us. i believe there is an energy force that all of us feed off of at one point or another, some are just more adapt at seeing this alternate world of energy, which is why you can tell if some one is holding a secret or if something bad is going to happen or why some can read auras. i believe that life is what you make it for yourself, and by that i dont mean success but that and outlook and how hard you try, determination, rage, enlightenment...so on and so on. i believe that i will try my hardest to do the best i ever can and give it the best shot possible and feed myself so i can grow to my ultimate high, and not just dawdle through life and not try at all and fall victim to circumstances once again. i believe i will try to help human kind grow through realizations and action so we can continue to have happy children running through grassy parks with mothers chasing after. i believe that i will keep my mouth shut so that i can observe until i have something worthwhile to contribute. i believe that one can perform any feat that may be mystical or skepticized by others with enough concentration. i believe that most governments do people great wrongs and yet we would be helpless without leadership. i believe that people will fear what they cannot understand which makes them not try to understand it at all. i believe that anything is understandable but not easy to understand. and certainly not last of all but all that i feel like typing right now, i believe that life really doesnt matter in the big scheme of things but it matters to me so i will make the most of it instead of hiding from the obvious pretending it doesnt exist. these are some of the things that have shaped me through adolescence, hopefully with more nourishment i will grow into a fine man and die with all that i wished to do done so i may have peace in my oblivion. and i hope that i will have the strength to guide myself in the right direction and not let circumstance try to point me in the wrong direction. ya?

merged: 12-29-2005 ~ 01:06am
you know, i read through this thread now that ive already posted it and realized that there is a lot of confusion in the minds of people. perhaps that is why they are ordinary people. but not in their own minds right?lol
i think i managed to contradiction nearly every response in this thread in that one little paragraph...

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Why do we exist?
Where did we come from?
By chance, jasaiyajin, we came from somewhere, but for now, that is a mystery.
And anyway, I don't believe in God.
As for your last question...
We humans created what we call reality, but then again, reality maybe is reality, or maybe not.
Reality is created by humans' puny veiwpoints.
End.

DarkKelta

The Fallen

We exist to better our world and understanding of it.
As for where we came from, no one knows for sure, but that's what science is for.
Reality is what you make of it, the world is your's to discover and explore.

Everyone can dream...can't they

"To live is Christ. To die is gain."

One word: entropy

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

live with no regrets...

this can be elaborated into
i dun want to lie to myself and wanna follow my OWN path and my OWN nature and my OWN habits till the end...when i die

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

but,,,
wouldnt our philosophy always change... It looks like dont have strong roots.
Roots philosophy = religion
and why you(all who feel) cut that roots.

dont come like "Words that come from tree dont have Roots.."

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

Cause and effect, everything happens for a reason.

page 6 of 7 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 147 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.