Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Suicide Selfish? - Minitokyo

Is Suicide Selfish?

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

lol

how true.

As many of you may know by now, this issue is very close to my heart. though I don't know anyone that has commited suicide, i was once one that wanted to.

Zenislev

Zenislev

Let's roll like it's 1999!

Before you judge wether it is selfish or not, you have to understand that suicide really differs upon each person's circumstances. Whether they knew their life was going to end or if they were terribly depressed, the person has to think about all those people he/she would be leaving behind that would miss him/her, and if the person is sacrificing his/her life so that others may live.

The Japanese in WWII believed that if they sacrificed themselves in battle that they could help their living comrades achieve glorious victory. In this case their suicidal banzai charges and kamikaze attacks were justified as"honorable" and "for the good of the country". However, all these sacrifices the Japanese soldiers made would be in vain upon their defeat, provoking more suicides in the country of Japan because of the humility of defeat.

So I guess you have to ask yourself if you consider suicide... "Would anyone miss me? Would I be helping anyone by doing this? Would it be too late to turn things around? Will this small moment of pain be the answer to all my problems?" ... I believe if you dig deep enough to find the answers to these questions, you'll realize yourself if what you're doing is selfish or not.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Jack Handy

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, 'Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handy

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

100% ABSOLOODLE!

Great response :)

I think it might have to be taken on a case by case basis. For example, if you were on your death bed in plenty of pain and you wanted to die a little earlier, that would be considered suicide but would it truly be considered the coward's way out?

Lelviza

Lelviza

just have fun!

I think suicide is a way to escape things that make us suffer, so it may be good for the one who kills himself, but for the ones who like this person it can be painful to see him go away, even if they knew that he suffered:it can be seen like a selfish action. Besides, there no way to know if it was your will, if someone forced you to do it...then, it would have been like a murder, so there will have more problems after your death...So we can say it is selfish, except if it is in order to save someone, or deliver him...but still it is not a good solution; you have to go ahead and find an other way to solve your problems: this is the way of humans, isn't it?

Don't forget I believe in you, that I'm here for you...
Don't forget to be yourself...cause I will take part of this dream with you

* French Tribu *

miaowmiaowmiaow

miaowmiaowmiaow

In pursuit of a glorious dream.

Suicide...
For some, an escape from despair
For some, enlightenment from depression
For some, self-fulfillment from desire
In these cases, it is selfish, for it robs the people the opportunity to help or be helped by the suicidal. It robs the suicidal of hope.

However, someone who kills hismself for his people will not be termed suicidal. It is heroism. Unselfish.

"Truth is relative"
A statement which is relatively true...

speaking generally. is suicide sellfish? maybe we should talk a litle about death, more than suicide. why is death painful for humans? because it means a separation. living humans are in sorrow because the deceased has "left them", they will never see him again. but what about the deceased person? is he sad or angry? is he happy because his problems and sorrows are away? ... the deceased person is far beyond that. all that she wants is the living to keep alive, to go on with their lives and that's what they'll do; life never stops, not for anybody. Dead people also have their own worries...

When one dies in sorrow, the sorrow haunts you. It turns into your hell, and as long as that sorrow is a burden to you, you will be in hell. If you can not deal with your sorrows in life, do you really expect to deal with them in the afterlife? hint: you don't take your brains to the afterlife.

now, the main question is if suicide is selfish or not. The fact is that there are very few valid reasons to commit suicide. Someone in the thread said "it's a permanent solution for a temporal problem"; Common definition of death is "the end of life", and suicide people goes after this ideal... the end of their problems. Humans are selfish by nature; meanwhile one thinks about ending their problems, the remaining living people complains about their sorrow. Stop making comparissions and think about "someone's problems are worse than mine", this is about responsability; your duty is to solve your own conflicts, everything which means abandoning them is certainly not responsability.

Maybe that is a proper definition for "selfish": The person who ignores his own responsabilities in order to achieve comodity. this is a very bad definition, and it would be good to work at it, but it's a good start, in which case somebody wants to continue my crazy ideas... n_nx never mind if they just keep as only that.

be seeing you around.

Why does it feels more real when im asleep, rather than when awake?

Signature

Whatever you do, whichever your condition is; don't play Tibia. Just DON'T play Tibia.

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

I made a post earlier about there being no point to life in the first place (please read it. the comment above is a VERY short hand version).

Though i guess i still believe that there is no real point to life, i haven't yet commited suicide. i see no point to life, but i see no point to death either so i'll go with wat i've got until something better comes along :P lol

Zenislev

Zenislev

Let's roll like it's 1999!

Actually there is one point or two to life Eagle and I believe that it is to enjoy yourself as much as you possibly can and to touch as many peoples lives in a positive way as you possibly can. Why not try to enjoy yourself while you're here? And while you're at it gain a few friends on the way? Bet it wouldn't hurt ^_~

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad." - Jack Handy

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, 'Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handy

i agree, there's no point in life. "The flowers bloom and then dry down, the stars shine and then dissapear". But we're here anyway; we are alive, whatever that means. as long as i dont find out what is life for, i'll live it as i've been learned to, the way i have discovered throught all the time i have been breathing. There's no point in life, but living is another matter.

Why does it feels more real when im asleep, rather than when awake?

Signature

Whatever you do, whichever your condition is; don't play Tibia. Just DON'T play Tibia.

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

Quote by Axlordi agree, there's no point in life. "The flowers bloom and then dry
down, the stars shine and then dissapear". But we're here anyway; we
are alive, whatever that means. as long as i dont find out what is life
for, i'll live it as i've been learned to, the way i have discovered
throught all the time i have been breathing. There's no point in life,
but living is another matter.

This i agree with

Quote by ZenislevActually there is one point or two to life Eagle and I believe that it
is to enjoy yourself as much as you possibly can and to touch as many
peoples lives in a positive way as you possibly can. Why not try to
enjoy yourself while you're here? And while you're at it gain a few
friends on the way? Bet it wouldn't hurt ^_~

and while i'm here, i'm livin it up

Suicide isn't selfish, that just mean there's nothing for this man exist anymore in our world. Once I was near to kill myself....... But couldn't.......Or may be just was able to solve my problems and live on? The only thing I really know is that Suicide isn't selfish, 'cause I wasn't thinking only about myself............

AnimeMangaChick

AnimeMangaChick

Ri 'Otaku' Katsuhime

I do believe suicide is selfish, but I also respect that it is a problem that should not be looked down upon. When you kill yourself your not only ending your life but you are effecting the ones that love you more then anything in this world. You can always find something to live for. It just matters how hard you try. But ya know, no one can really talk on the behalf of the people commiting suicide. No one knows what it feels like unless your actually going through it. So I will not judge on those who commit it. You have to look at both sides of the story.

OtakuChaosAngel
[sigmig]

Aetherdragon

Aetherdragon

White and Nerdy

Suicide is easy way out for those who don't want to deal with reality. I've had many reason I could "justify" trying to do such a thing, but I've chosen to fight on and work to keep on livin' even when things seem bad and lifes not going my way. Never thinking of wasting my life just because life wasn't dealing me a good hand.

"They see me strollin'...they laughin' and rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white & nerdy" - Weird "Al"

Signature Image

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

Quote by Eaglelol
how true.
As many of you may know by now, this issue is very close to my heart.
though I don't know anyone that has commited suicide, i was once one
that wanted to.

Sorry to hear that, man. Glad you chose not to.

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

Quote by AetherdragonSuicide is easy way out for those who don't want to deal with reality.
I've had many reason I could "justify" trying to do such a thing, but
I've chosen to fight on and work to keep on livin' even when things
seem bad and lifes not going my way. Never thinking of wasting my life
just because life wasn't dealing me a good hand.

My life isn't bad in any way, i just se no point in life

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

its easy.
if your not happy with your life then change it.
go live so where else or meet different ppl.
just change it. this is much better then to kill your self.
perhaps you even find the one for you :)

Signature

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

Quote by wingsits easy.
if your not happy with your life then change it.
go live so where else or meet different ppl.
just change it. this is much better then to kill your self.
perhaps you even find the one for you :)

Quote by Eagle

My life isn't bad in any way, i just se no point in life

saiyukifan

saiyukifan

GOMENASAI EVERYONE. :(

Suicide... I'm really not sure. I think it's somewhat selfish but at the same time... it's not. It depends... it really depends on the reason of why the person commited suicide. If you commit suicide because you feel like you aren't being loved but you don't notice that people are doing everything for you, then taht's selfishness. But commiting suicide for a certain reason... like wanting to be with the person you love in heaven (Love makes impossible things possible). Dying for someone you love is actually not selfishness because you do it for someone's happiness (your loved one and yourself). But actually, I'd rather not try suicide because it is a sin. Killing is against the ten commandments therefore killing yourself is a mortal sin. :)

Signature
Sunlight is what I want, but sunlight ignores me... I wish I would someday be freed from this darkness by someone who will love me forever and ever... no more pain at all with him... no more pain and tears... because I will love him...
~thanks to~
k1ru for my ava and sig! ^_^

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

Suicide is another form of ultimate selfishness, I think.
I can't judge that someone is selfish cause he/she killed him/herself, but in suicide there is only one basic thought: me.

Signature

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

Suicide is self expression

May be yes, may be no...-_-
This depends on the person...we all have different experience and background, so we may have different thought when confronting the problems~
But personally, i will said "no", because I have my way to do thing and I don't mind others comments/advices...

yes it is selfish

just because life is so hard taking a life and taking away other people's happiness, leaving them guilt and sorrow, while you don't have anymore problems, and leaving them in a time of need where you can't help them.

its the most selfish thing you can do

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

Depends on what your life is like, and why you want to take your life.

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

page 4 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.