Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in god? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in god?

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Of course I don't believe in god, I've put stuff like that behind me long ago. What I do believe in is myself and humanity in general, I believe in reality and in what us the people can do.
I feel no need to comfort myself with imaginary friends and if I DID need one I'd come up with a much cooler one than god :)

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

I dont even kno wat to beleive honestly.....

I dont however beleive in heaven and hell. I think that heaven and hell is a state of mind rather than a state of being. My guess i that parents from generations ago told thier children that if they did bad things, they would go to hell, where u would live in fire and little men in red pyjamas would stick pitchforks in your ass. This scared children from doin anything bad. Anyway, the chldren would have told their children and so on....

Thats just my opinion.

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

RiotYagami

RiotYagami

Lone Wolf

God is real I tell ya, I saw him once when I looked in the mirror... oh wait that was me XP

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Perhaps a better word would be "deity". ...And as I posted in other threads, I do believe in a diety. ...In fact I'm monotheist, and I believe the god I worship is the only true living God. :-D

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

I believe in a higher power such as a god, but not a god as in terms of the christian/catholic/whatever god.

Signature Image

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I believe in God to an extent. Unless science can prove His existence, he's not really there.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Quote by speedfreek19I believe in a higher power such as a god, but not a god as in terms of the christian/catholic/whatever god.

pretty much the same, (im a raised catholic) i find the whole notion of god a little confusing so for the moment im taking a step back.

I do believe in God. And as to those who question why there is suffering if God exists is simple. In order to enter into Heaven, we have to Love God unconditionally. If our lives were always perfect, or without challenge, it would be easy to love God. We would never test the merits of our own character.
It takes fire and pressure to refine iron and make a stronger steel. So is it with the human soul.

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Quote by 7miLeDogOnly stupid people doesnt belive in God. The main reason it is because they want to live in a world where they can do all the bad things they want, where God will not judge their actions. But, i bet that the persons thats dont belive in God, at the time of their death, THEY WILL BE VERY SCARED.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

-Albert Einstein

Quote by failsafeSame here. Imagine nature giving me a brain and expecting me to live life fully... no wait, I can't imagine that. I'm smarter than nature... I have a brain.

Ants have brains. Are they smarter than nature?

Quote by bwebI do believe in God. And as to those who question why there is suffering if God exists is simple. In order to enter into Heaven, we have to Love God unconditionally. If our lives were always perfect, or without challenge, it would be easy to love God. We would never test the merits of our own character.
It takes fire and pressure to refine iron and make a stronger steel. So is it with the human soul.

If God loves us, why would he send us to enternal torture for not believing in him? Why would he make people have doubts in the first place?

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by BorisGrishenkoOf course I believe in God. He's given me proof more times than I care to count.

Responses follow.

Quote by SierriusBlackOh, I'd love to hear this.

I bet you would. However, I have no intention of giving you the pleasure of picking apart a perfection on the mere grounds that I as a mortal am incapable of explaining it to your satisfaction.

Quote by failsafeSame here. Imagine nature giving me a brain and expecting me to live life fully... no wait, I can't imagine that. I'm smarter than nature... I have a brain.

Mt. Rushmore is definately a place I want to visit though. :)

Thanks for the response, and I have been to Mt. Rushmore...it was actually kind of cool.

I am invincible!

Quote: If God loves us, why would he send us to enternal torture for not believing in him? Why would he make people have doubts in the first place?

It isn't God who sends us to Hell. It is ourselves. By our own free will. We choose to do the right or wrong thing.

Also, your use of an Einstein quote was very nice, but you neglected to mention that he did have a belief in God.

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details." - Albert Einstein

"God is subtle but he is not malicious." - Albert Einstein.

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein.

So you see, Einstein understood, as few do, that the division between the scientific and the spiritual is a false division, a man made one.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote by 7miLeDog
Only stupid people doesnt belive in God. The main reason it is because they want to live in a world where they can do all the bad things they want, where God will not judge their actions

That's what most people think but, believe me, you are totally wrong...
Atheists are much more clung to their ethics exactly because they are free do develop their own. It's what they trully believe. And if they do something that they consider "bad", they'll have to face their own self and not some god. And this is much harder, since god is "good" and "forgiving"
Believers always follow the ethics of their religion. And many of them don't even "follow" them. They just say "I believe in Jesus and his teachings" but these are just plain words......

I have seen atheists helping old people, giving money to the beggars etc.
And I have seen people that were reading the bible in the bus and when a beggar entered they looked at him in disgust. . .

Afterall, there is no such thing as "absolute right" or "absolute wrong"...

Nature did not give you a brain in order to do something. It's just the way it is.
And you may believe you are smarter than nature. But even the smartest person in the whole world cannot predict nature. Even if it doesn't have what we call "logic"
I believe the recent events prove me right...

Quote by bweb In order to enter into Heaven, we have to Love God unconditionally

Then how can God be the ultimate good since he practically forces people to love him?

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

shulienne

shulienne

blue heart

Quote by Nighteyes

Quote by 7miLeDog
Only stupid people doesnt belive in God. The main reason it is because they want to live in a world where they can do all the bad things they want, where God will not judge their actions

That's what most people think but, believe me, you are totally wrong...
Atheists are much more clung to their ethics exactly because they are free do develop their own. It's what they trully believe. And if they do something that they consider "bad", they'll have to face their own self and not some god. And this is much harder, since god is "good" and "forgiving"
Believers always follow the ethics of their religion. And many of them don't even follow them. They just say "I believe in Jesus and his teachings" but these are just plain words......

I have seen atheists helping old people, giving money to the beggars etc.
And I have seen people that were reading the bible in the bus and when a beggar entered they looked at him in disgust. . .

Afterall, there is no such thing as "absolute right" or "absolute wrong"...

Nature did not give you a brain in order to do something. It's just the way it is.
And you may believe you are smarter than nature. But even the smartest person in the whole world cannot predict nature. Even if it doesn't have what we call "logic"
I believe the recent events prove me right...

Quote by bweb In order to enter into Heaven, we have to Love God unconditionally

Then how can God be the ultimate good since he practically forces people to love him?

wow! i so agree and thanks to you i did'nt have to type all that ^_^'

Signature
thank you so much sakura-chan for my lovely yue!

Quote by Nighteyes

On the contrary. He doesn't "Force" anything. He gives us the choice. And you would think it would be an easy one: Believe in Me and do my Works, and you will be rewarded with Eternal Life in Paradise. Or Wantonly disobey the rules, and be cast out into the darkness.

And yet, with such a no brainer facing us, so many people choose to do things that they know to be wrong.

Doesn't sound like much force to me.

no i dont...i think god is for someone to have faith in so there is at least hope

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

i believe.. when there is no else to turn to. when all loves are gone..
there is alwasy god who wll take us it~ we r his children

tianyuan

kami no ite

Quote by bweb

Quote by Nighteyes

On the contrary. He doesn't "Force" anything. He gives us the choice. And you would think it would be an easy one: Believe in Me and do my Works, and you will be rewarded with Eternal Life in Paradise. Or Wantonly disobey the rules, and be cast out into the darkness.

And yet, with such a no brainer facing us, so many people choose to do things that they know to be wrong.

Then who defines what is wrong and right? Did god define these terms? Who wrote the bible?

Why does christianity criticize other religions, even buddhism which is neutral, and actually only a philosophy not a religion?

See the 9 stars on the goban? It looks like the universe... Placing go seeds on the board, one by one, is similar to creating stars, one by one... slowly, slowly, this action leads to the formation of a universe... and I am like god. On the goban, I am god!

Syngo

Syngo

Laughing in my head 24/7.

A better question would be is "how does God affect you in life?" Whether you choose to believe in God is totally your choice, and it doesn't matter if you try to please him/her, as long as you are happy. It's all about a way of thinking I suppose. I've chosen that there might be a God, but I control my own life, make my own choices. Until proof of anything shows up, that's how I'll feel about it.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote by bweb On the contrary. He doesn't "Force" anything. He gives us the choice. And you would think it would be an easy one: Believe in Me and do my Works, and you will be rewarded with Eternal Life in Paradise. Or Wantonly disobey the rules, and be cast out into the darkness.

[assuming that a god exists]

Yes, but he is the one who created these 2 choises and their consequenses. And he favors one of them and rewards those who follow it. The rest are bound to go to hell. Because they did not follow his will... In many ways, god forces people to follow him and casts those who resist to hell.

It's kind of a "do or die" situation. Either believe and follow me without questions ["believe and not doubt"] or you shall face an eternity of flames and torture.

Dunno bout you, but that sounds like blackmailing to me....

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

If you say a man with a white beard holding a flaming sword, sending people to damnation... No.
I see God as a monitoring being, not somebody who judges. I mean, why should God judge? I still havent found an answer to that.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by XSuperstitionXi dont believe in god. if there was a god he would answer peoples prayers and stuff like that. i dont believe in jesus too. how do people in the church know what he looks like? i dont understand.

Nobody knows what Jesus looks like. We can only guess by the way most Aramaic men looked back then. Long hair and beard. :)
The rest is up to artistic rendition I suppose. Just like nobody knows what Mary looks like either. I do know that the current rendition is based off a passage in the bible where Jesus presents himself as a stranger to his disciples. Of course what that means is that he DOESNT actually look like that buts its all anyone has to go off of.

I believe God has his own agenda. If he answered everyone's prayers, the world would be a horrible mess. "Dear God, I hate [any kind of person] people, please help eradicate them from the earth" is a prayer im sure many have prayed. Im glad God doesnt answer those prayers. What is hard is the concept of faith. Many people have a hard time believing we're all part of a tapestry being woven by a great and mighty force, and in the end we would be most happy in the place where he means us to go.
Plus people just dont want to believe in something thats completely intangible. Its like trying to prove to someone that love exists. "Hey look at all this evidence that people react a way to this!" There is however, zero physical evidence towards it. I believe you can achieve the same chemical reaction in the brain by taking a serotonin increasing pilll.

It all boils down to a matter of whether you've experienced it and whether you believe that something that influences the vast majority of people on the earth could possibly be real.

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI bet you would. However, I have no intention of giving you the pleasure of picking apart a perfection on the mere grounds that I as a mortal am incapable of explaining it to your satisfaction.

Rofl. This made me laugh so long and so hard that it isn't funny.

Someone give me proof that god exists, aside from "The universe is complex and there must be a big spiritual daddy watching us."

-Albert Einstein

i believe that god exists for the people who believe in him, but i do not worship god persay. And the corruption in the bible makes it to me, nothing but a book of fairy tales, but to those do believe then it has some affect on them. believe is the most powerful thing one can have. i infact am a wiccan, and if you don't know what that is ask me.

I have faith that this world still has some hope.....

i dont believe in god. what proof is there? and im too lazy to worship any supreme being anyway.

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.