Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Openings and endings: in Japanese or in you language? - Minitokyo

Openings and endings: in Japanese or in you language?

page 2 of 15 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next » 341 total items

japanese hands down

Japanese of course, althought sometimes the traduction is good and don't bother me.

they arent usually trnaslated, most of the time they sound pretty good in their original jap version. but for example, kiddy grade's OP and ED were translated and i like them much better than the jap.

The dubbed songs are awful.
It's the usual at least.

I like the English version of Fukai Mori, though.

I mean, there are some exceptions.
But in general I like the original version better.

I really don't like the translated song, because you will miss the best part of the song, that is the artist voice, and usually the translated song is in poorly quality it just they traslated the song and add or replace some part to fit it, it's such a dissapoint thing.
But there are several translated song that are as good as the original.
But I preffer and chose for the original opening and ending songs.

In my country some anime OST are both in japanese and english. But most of them are untranslated like Samurai Champloo OST for example the ending song is not translated.
Which is fine with me, because they usaually will have a booklet
with the CD that has the song or songs in english. And I like original songs anyway.

I don't think they're translated a lot...I think it's more like they just cut the whole thing out and add in some crap music and try to pass it off as the original -_-;; (cough naruto cough)

I DEFINITELY like the original japanese verison better...

zakaro

zakaro

I'm your princess

they translate them... sometimes are fine, but most of the time are orrible... >_<
giving you an idea: can you guys imagine the pokemon opening song sound like a tecno-house piece? i'm exegerating, but not so much!
there were some songs that i liked in japanese and in italian, like tokimeki tonight... so cute XD !

@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*
This is my latest wall...
Signature

I like the original songs, with the subtitle in it.

Original is the best imho. I haven't heard a hungarian opening till now though, but I don't even want to. I prefer the original ones.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

In the US some of the songs are translated and re-scored and some are not. If the translation and re-score fits the anime then I tend to not mind and even enjoy the music and new wording. I do believe though that the original music without translation is probably the best for the anime.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Although the original is generally perferred by many. If the song is sung with almost the same tempo/pace of the original, and the person who is singing it can hit the same high pitch part of the vocals, it can sometimes out due even the original song. But thats just my opinion. Very few anime songs that i really love in english over the original, thats not to say that i don't like the original song either. Its just good to hear both versions.

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

Of course I like the original op/ed better, but sometimes, Brazilian's translation are very enjoyable! I like especially the versions from InuYasha songs! Most of series get the songs translated, but there are some that are terrible.
Anyway, I'll always like japanese versions best! It's more interesting, I like the sound of the words and the arrangements sometimes are cooler...
Thanks for the thread!

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

some of them are, but they've recently chosen to keep the original opening and ending themes.

I prefer the originals, because the translations or what the company creates as an opening/ending theme usually suck.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

I prefer the original Japanese when I'm watching anime-nyo. They always sound better-nyo.

I mean c'mon...Dejiko-chan and Puchiko-chan sound NOTHING like 10 and 5 year olds in English, but the Japanese voices fit them just right-nyo.

Yeah, that's the problem-nyo. The English voices rarely ever fit the original characters-nyo.

I personally don't mind either. Most of the time, it is left with the Japanese OP/ED's.

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

I prefer it to be left in the japanese version...usually alot cooler then a remade opening, ending.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

In China, opening/endings are not translated and left in original Japanese. But i would love to hear arguments from both sides

a) Pro translation, why?
b) Pro None, why besides originality,

lets get this discussion floated! besides the one sided opionion and same reasoning!

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

Songblade

Renkinjutsushi

I seriously prefer openings and endings in Japanese. THe mood fits better and things aren't butchered with bad bad bad english rap about the characters. America makes the worst dubs, I swear!

IzumiChan

IzumiChan

Ano hi, kimi ga... mabushiikata.

I think that both sides have their goods ^_^
Translated ones make you feel closer to the anime's reality, 'cause it's in your language, right? XD And it's better to memorize the lyrics and sing along ^.^
Original ones are usually more beautiful, (those adaptations may suck somethimes -_- ) and if you don't usually listen to japonese songs, you can get to know the idiom. (It's very musical ^.^)
Anyway, my opinion is that it depends on the song. Some are way better in the original (as an example, I'd say Inu Yasha's ''Come'') and some adapted are very nice (I'll use InuYasha's ''My Will'' )

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Sakura Squid~
I'm a member of: [KS] [AR] [CL] [CW] [FW] [HC]

Japanese.

Quote by tanteikun In China, opening/endings are not translated and left in original Japanese.

I havnt realy paid any particular attention to the mainland China's anime dubs, but in HK, those anime that are aired (nowadays, its usually kiddie animes), their Oping songs are ususally translated and sung in cantonese. A whole ton of them are sung really bad, and just fails in comparsion to some of the japanses versions, (hard to believe but sometimes some of the japanese openings arent really what they should be).

So i definitely usually prefer japanese versions, usually because its the original version plus the fact that a lot times the singers do a better job at singing them than the HK ones. But sometimes, i do find some translated ones not bad ;). Kudos to those ones!

In my coutry the openings and all the other songs are translated but I prefer the japanese versions of them cause they simply are btter to hear!
In my country TV anime sucks cause they only show the bad ones with miserable translations!

yehha in my country there are translated too
but its tooooo creepy..
the originals are much more better

Is this an ever lasting treasure,or just a moments pleasure?
there's so much I wanna say, but the right words, just don't come my way.

page 2 of 15 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next » 341 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.