Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers) - Minitokyo

how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers)

Tagged under Death Note

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 158 total items

Death note definitely stirred up some dark thoughts within me when I watched the anime. Kind of found it disturbing how much I was enjoying the slaughtering of the corrupt by Light and his supporters. The fact that Light had the power to rid the world of corruption I started to become envious. Morals/Religion/Beliefs however would serve as a border between dark desires and my actions; therefore I would never commit the sins Light did. Did anyone else get this creepy feeling from watching Death Note? …opps kind of got of topic but that’s a forum for ya. As for the ending based on what I have said already it’s obvious I hated it. Wish it ended with Light in complete power crushing all resistance or at least after L died.

I'm surprised to see a small amount of people with a similar view to myself here.
Although I agree with Near when he says to Raito that forcing people to be good is not a Eutopia, and will not create happiness for people, I must say I was disappointed.
Mostly because I had a soft spot for Raito.
In fact, I really liked all of the 'smart' characters. [Raito, L, Near and Mello.]
The only things I disliked about the ending was the break point of Raito, he was always calm in every situation, I didn't like him writhing on the floor screaming for non-present, or even dead people to rescue him.
I guess being outsmarted and on the verge of death would be more than shocking for someone like him, but I think it was a bit much.
The other thing I didn't like was the confusing aftermath. If you're going to bother to write an aftermath, you should make it so that it closes loose ends, not creates more confusion.

Frankly, I'm glad L died, it was the point in the story where Kira wins, he had to win once, it would have been bad if L outsmarted Kira [Since the story had to end with true righteousness winning, Raito's eutopia was a phasade, a fake happiness.] So Near was merely the intentional winner. I believe Near was as capable as L, and deserved just as much respect from fans as L, but instead he's hated.
After all, Near's the one that outsmarted Kira, not L.

Anyway, I may agree that the ending was good, but my ideal ending was similar to embers. But slightly different.
In my ideal ending, as Raito was dieing, and Ryuk wrote his name, when he says 'Owners of the death note need not worry about going to heaven or hell, you'll enjoy death.'
I think Ryuk should have said something along the lines of 'See you soon' so Raito knows he will become Shinigami, and in a sense won.
In the scenario that Raito becomes Shinigami, both Near and Raito win. Near managed to win the case against Kira and rightfully take his place as L, and Raito becomes a Shinigami, and can bide his time in creating his world, waiting to find someone worthy of taking place of Kira, and guiding them as a Shinigami.

I guess thats a little far fetched though, but in my mind it works since they both win. And Raito can't essentially be Kira since he can't look up criminals. However he will still be a God and has all time to alter the course of humanity.

I think too much. :]
If anyone still comes to this thread, I'd be interested to hear if my thoughts are far fetched.

However I've not read Death Note 13 : How to Read. I doubt I can access it in my country, so it'd be good to hear what thats about. :]

I think Death Note ended pretty good, but I think it would been better if Light got to talk with L Lawliet, and it would of been cool if L said 'were u really my friend?' and then light dies. That woulda been the coolest

must say.. manga's ending is good, though it made light too pathetic
HES TOO COOL TO DIE IN THAT PATHETIC MANNER!

haha~ but the anime's ending is very LAME.. the way he died on the stairs?

one thing i did like about the anime's ending was L's image looking over light as he dies

:o is it just me whos slow, or can "L" stand for "Light"? XD
*amazed*at*my*insight* just joking :D

I thought it was good. Light got what he deserved

Signature

i didnt read the manga, and only watch the anime. but i didnt get to finish it because of the C&D letter sent to the fansubbers.

I didn't like the anime ending. Not only was it obscenely melodramatic and out of character for Light to react that way, but the circumstances surrounding his defeat left much to be desired. It was also definately rushed, and with a few too many loose ends for my taste.

As for Near and Mello, my biggest problem is that they were thrown in at far too late a stage for them to work effectively as either characters or plot devices. There just wasn't enough room to develop or use them properly. It's one thing for L to die, which wasn't that inappropriate, and indeed sat very well with me. But to then thrust his replacements out of nowhere, and proceed to finish it with only a handful of episodes, that just left me extremely annoyed with how things went.

As for Light finally getting defeated and dying. That was a logical, almost foregone, conclusion. And to a degree, that also degraded the ending slightly. I would have tried something a little more unconventional. I might, for example, have Light briefly succeed in creating his Utopia, only to watch it fall apart completely as it would inevitably do, and have this be the final trigger for his own destruction.

THE ENDING WAS HORRIBLE... AND LIGHT.... IS MY HERO... DAMN IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN LIGHT DIDN'T RULE THE WORLD... BECAUSE OUR SYSTEM IS MESSED UP... HOW MONEY CAN JUSTIFY MURDER. IMAGINE IF ONE OF YOUR LOVE ONES ARE MURDERED AND THE PERSON BEHINDS IT GETS AWAY..... BECAUSE OF HIS WEALTH... AND THATS HOW OUR SOCIETY IS TODAY.. EVERYTHING IS BOUT MONEY MONEY MONEY BECAUSE THE MORALS DOESN'T KICK IN IF IT DOESN'T COME AROUND YOUR CORNER.... GREAT SERIES.. BUT HORRIBLE ENDING!

-LONELY CUHZ

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i think the ending in the manga showed which side the mangaka chose... obviously he believe the justice side, not Kira's side. Because he showed the cowardly side of Light and the ending just made Light seem like a stubborn mass serial killer like N claimed he is.
i really liked Light's speech- before he turned all cowardly- and i really like Light's idea as well. But i think the ending is perfect in a way is that... it's kind of like the right thing to do... in a way.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I liked the ending, i thought it went where it needed to go. and i really liked the scenes of Light turing into Kira in front of them. I dont think he looked pathetic or was falling apart, it had all been going to his head for what, 7 or so years? and he thought he had the sure win so it bubbled out. It happens to a lot of people, anyway. I thought it was done really well.

What i didnt get was at the very end the girl who was with the Kira cultists. I don't understand what she signified, if it was just a girl or if that was Misa, but if it was Misa she should be dead by her 25th year(and thats stretching it), so was the girl only the lead in showing that there were a lot of followers or what?

I did not read the manga, only saw the anime series.
I found the ending disappointing...
As soon as Ryuk said Light was not going to go to heaven or hell, I kept thinking he would become a death god at the end. I had the feeling he was going to defeat L, but thought that his down fall was going to deal with the xFBI lady's Misora Naomi's suicide. Especially since later on they mentioned they had not found her body yet (4 months later I think). I thought she would leave a suicide note or would of had a recorded conversation with Light when they were walking down the sidewalk or something that pointed to him being kira. I also really wanted N to die too, that way there are no more genius left. They also did not show Misa jumping/ falling off the building. Did she die then, or just think about it?

When the 2 hour special came on, I started to think that the death god that asked Ryuk about Ryuk's human experience was actually Light just trying to find out what Ryuk thought of him. Or when that death god walks down the stairs at the end, Ryuk would say something along the lines of, "Too bad when you become a death god your human memories are erased."

It would have been really interesting if both Light and L became death gods and had some sort of competition.

merged: 06-02-2008 ~ 11:51pm
Keisa,
I like the thought of, "In the scenario that Raito becomes Shinigami, both Near and Raito win. Near managed to win the case against Kira and rightfully take his place as L, and Raito becomes a Shinigami, and can bide his time in creating his world, waiting to find someone worthy of taking place of Kira, and guiding them as a Shinigami."

I do not think it is far fetched and would be a good ending in the "never ending battle of justice..."

I really liked the ending of the anime, i didn't red the manga, but the anime was just what i was expecting, that Light...he was mean, using all people including his parents, and that girl(I don't remember her name), so he deserve that final....i was very glad, wish that L wouldn't have died, but what can i do, it cant be perfect

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

the only way to end that would be his death problably. If there was still a kira, there would aways be someone like L to fight him. An end with him beeing the "god" would be too senseless i guess.

but the way he acted was stupid, he indeed needed to try to run away, but the way he was altered were too much i guess. (well noone likes to loose)

I hated the ending! Im disappointed by the ending of what seemed to be a great series. First they killed L, and then they introduce those two cute L-wannabes, and at the end they pathetically kill Raito by making him look stupid and careless and well idiotic? i dont get it!
it was rush and unfair...plus for being such an original series i was expecting a very different ending...ok i get it the good guys always win guess what! thats not the only posibility!

Im really pissed off with the ending....is insane what they did! they killed the series for me :'(

I loved it. Quite fitting. I was actually very glad the first part ended as it did, original with L's death, and the best possible ending for that mystery and race of minds. Second part had the best ending as well, as it stopped being a detective story and turned into a tragedy in three acts-kidnap of Light's sister, rise to power again, and the fall. Perfect

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

i never watched the end of the anime series after L died...i just skipped ahead and read the manga to find out the ending instead. i didnt really like it though.
by the way, M and N suck...they can't replace L. he's the best!

I totally thought it needed a different ending
Raito shouldnt have died... and unlike the manga, the anime doesnt forshadow a possible sequal so that was a bit disappointing... and Misa suicided in the anime... (by the looks of it)

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Quote by vatican92I totally thought it needed a different ending
Raito shouldnt have died... and unlike the manga, the anime doesnt forshadow a possible sequal so that was a bit disappointing... and Misa suicided in the anime... (by the looks of it)

Well, the manga leaves it open for a sequel...but absolutely not about Light, of course. There could be a sequel about another shinigami dropping his/her DN and another human picking it up...(actually, there IS a special chapter about that), but Light is...well, he's dead, and in Nothingness, so there's not even the possibility of afterlife...

Misa commited suicide also in the manga. The author said it in How to Read

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

Quote by bugmenot999Well now I'm back after watching the movie, who's ending I am much more satisfied with. I still dislike that Kira dies, but the movie has a much better ending. If only the manga/anime could match the movie. That way L and Kira wouldn't have died so stupidly, and there wouldn't be a Near/Mello. Well I glad that I watched the movie last... Now I have a somewhat satisfying ending of death note.

"Stupidly"? L dies while trying to catch Kira, and had his suspicions confirmed. He selected the right people to succeed him and fullfill this. Kira dies while trying to reach for his dream world; he also obtained some of that by having a cult about his personality (at the end of the manga), even though he wanted to be a living God and not a dead one. But how are those "stupid" deaths? They are actually fantastic, this two intelligent people going after their goals...if they didn't reach them was by their own faults,as they are only human, but they tried their best and somewhat succeeded at the end

Well for starters it wasn't his fault at all. He had everything planned out. The guy who had the death note temporarily messed it all up for him. I think the ending was quite good to be honest.

It has become a trait of almost all anime that a very important person dies. they think it makes the anime more juicy. sometimes it works and the feeling of saddness is successfully potrayed onto the audience but this ending was just too sad, to the point that it is absurd. i liked Light. i wish that Ryuk would never have met him in the first place, then Light would've followed his father's footsteps and would have become a great police chief. with that extremely smart mind of his he could have easily wiped out crime anyway. It would be really cool if Light and Ryuzaki were to work together to fight crime. they could have become realy good freinds. but i guess if Ryuk hadn't met Light then there would be no death note anime and we wouldnt have this conversation anyway. Sorry if i have offended anyone, its just that i like light too much to see him meet and end like this. What a waste of good potential!

Just like you said, pathetic, Kira could have done something to save his life, but it ended lake that so...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

It was okay but not my type of ending kind of expected sicne the beigninnign of it .

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

yea,the ending is quite dissapointing.but guys really.if light wins in d end.well,it'll be anti-christ.d story rvolve itslf into opposing gods by light being god of the new world himslf.if u dnt get it.hirs d brief,if ders happy ending,the creator wil b in bg trobol.rel big.so lyk d endng of code geass,death note is best to have an sad endng

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 158 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.