Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers) - Minitokyo

how do you find death note's ending? (spoilers)

Tagged under Death Note

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 7 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 158 total items

Personally I think that Light should have won because I think it would have been more interesting to see Light's ideal world take shape.

it was ok...!

honeycomb

honeycomb

honeycomb

deathnotes ending was sooooo lame

Good but unneccessary.

It was fantastic!

RenjiXRukiaLUV

RenjiXRukiaLUV

GRIMmy-godESS

Although I would have liked it that Kira won and ruled the world, I think it was a good way to end the series. It was very dramatic how the tables turned on the very last episode. I got so tensed up! D:

Everything is art.
bleach-centralgundamseed-angelsthe-princess-of-orbthe-red-knightasucagamt-death-notenarutoblackbutler-kuroshitsujiinuyasha-fans-groupfullmetal-alchemist-fanslegend-of-zeldagamers-guild
Signature Image

The ending was a very fitting one.

Through using the Death Note, Light ends up becoming extremely arrogant and overconfident, thinking that no one is or ever will be good enough to stop him and his plans while feeling perfectly safe hiding behind the Death Note, much like many a (progressive) villain.

Then when the time finally comes that he IS outdone by someone else, he turns into the sniveling coward that he always was underneath, even trying to turn to someone who, right from the get go, told him that he was NOT on his side and would kill him himself when the time came, which it did at that point.

So really, for all the "good" he wanted to do, he ends up done in by the very tool he was using to achieve it by others who really wanted the same thing, but wanted to use different methods that Light disagreed with (as they "didn't work" and such).

RenjiXRukiaLUV

RenjiXRukiaLUV

GRIMmy-godESS

Very well put. I'm starting to change my mind already..

Everything is art.
bleach-centralgundamseed-angelsthe-princess-of-orbthe-red-knightasucagamt-death-notenarutoblackbutler-kuroshitsujiinuyasha-fans-groupfullmetal-alchemist-fanslegend-of-zeldagamers-guild
Signature Image

I think it was Awesome as tragic and sarcastic as it should have been, it suited the story perfectly

?

i also think that the end was unrealistic. I mean, Light was so clever and smart and he got away for so long, but in the end, the way he acts doesn't seem like him at all :(( i got annoyed at the end.

Quote by natasha0112i also think that the end was unrealistic. I mean, Light was so clever and smart and he got away for so long, but in the end, the way he acts doesn't seem like him at all :(( i got annoyed at the end.

Well, as people say, people tend to show you the type of person they really are when they're about to die like that which it actually DOES fit a bit.

I mean, sure Light SAID that things needed to be done, but it's not like he really actively tried to do anything before. He even said that the current system didn't work, but did he really try to put in SO much effort trying to change it before getting the Death Note besides simply trying to get a similar job against crime? As far as I can tell, he was mostly just talk until then. But then he got a power to do something and he used it and became corrupted by it. But when he lost the use of that tool at the end, he ended up reverting to that person, but now being fully brought to the surface rather than being hidden behind his facade of being cool and all.

I mean, if things with L didn't go his way, like it did in the live action movie, I'd be willing to bet things would've turned out the same way like the movie had it go.

Quote by HalfDemonInuyasha

Quote by natasha0112i also think that the end was unrealistic. I mean, Light was so clever and smart and he got away for so long, but in the end, the way he acts doesn't seem like him at all :(( i got annoyed at the end.

Well, as people say, people tend to show you the type of person they really are when they're about to die like that which it actually DOES fit a bit.

I mean, sure Light SAID that things needed to be done, but it's not like he really actively tried to do anything before. He even said that the current system didn't work, but did he really try to put in SO much effort trying to change it before getting the Death Note besides simply trying to get a similar job against crime? As far as I can tell, he was mostly just talk until then. But then he got a power to do something and he used it and became corrupted by it. But when he lost the use of that tool at the end, he ended up reverting to that person, but now being fully brought to the surface rather than being hidden behind his facade of being cool and all.

I mean, if things with L didn't go his way, like it did in the live action movie, I'd be willing to bet things would've turned out the same way like the movie had it go.

;)) well, i disagree with some of your opinions. he had power (because of the note) and he knew what to do with it. he decided to do something even if he knew he would end up in hell for killing so many people. he was strong and did his "job". i saw him beeing smart even before he got the note (he helped the police on some occasions and he catched the criminals). so that's why i said that his end was unrealistic :-p

well, that is how I see the things :-p

Actually, he really just took advantage of the abilities of the Death Note. He didn't really "know" how to "properly" use it. Like I said, he was smart and may have done some things like that, but beyond that, what did he REALLY do before getting the Death Note?

So his end wasn't exactly unrealistic. If anything, for a guy like him we see throughout the series, it's actually VERY realistic. With the way he develops, to be ridiculously calm, collected, and whatnot and "miraculously" getting out of the situation he ended up in in the end, would be the unrealistic kind of end. It's easy to dislike the end because of favoring Light and his character though...

yeah it's the problem of morality :)) the bad guy must be caught by the police or die ;))but, still i didn't like the way it ended :-p
after all, how perfect can a guy be? he was smart, handsome, worked in the police, he needed some bad traits too :)) i kind of liked him and admired him for his brilliant plans :D

Sadly, even the "best" of mankind can be easily corrupted by power/greed/etc.

leave much to be desired

merged: 01-31-2011 ~ 03:27pm
leave much to be desired

I love Light and I hated when he died in the end...well its fair since L died too but honestly I don't like the series after L died only cause N and M is no rival to Light...

death note serie's starts sucking when they make two successors (Near and Mello) after L... and Light acts like a psychopath at the end but actually i wanted him to win at the end XD

ismiy

ismiy

I command you...

I still think they should've ended it when L died, but its fine that they decided to add more story. I like animations

I agree that the story should have ended with L's death. Despite I was in team L, I'm not disappointed with the fact that Kira won, but the characters of Near and Mello. They're just incomparable to their former. I also didn't like that the authors made Near a cheap copy of L.

As for the end I don't find it unrealistic. Light's behaviour is very human because of all the frustration and despair triggered by the death note. Also he really was mad, I think.

I know that I'm changing a topic a bit, but I don't understand the phenomenon of Matt's popularity. He just appears in like 30 seconds of one episode and people treat him as a top character.

yokoshiro

yokoshiro

Yokoshiro

I was kinda "o_O" when I saw how Light went berserk before dying in such a way.

Freelancer - Artist

it was DEPRESNG
i truly loved light :( haha i just hated that L was not the one that destroyed him. i think L was the only one worth to kill such and incredible mind as lights
anyway--- i did like the part where light sees L :D

I thought it was totally crap how they killed off Light. I mean even if they figured out he was Kira there isn't a court in the world that would convict anyone for murder based on a killer notebook. Even if something like that actually happened, you can't scientifically prove that writing down a name equals death. You'd get laughed out of the court room. I know its just a cartoon but it felt really cheap how they did that.

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

It's not exactly difficult to prove. If Near, L's successor's word, and the eyewitness accounts of the handful of detectives that were in the warehouse at the end weren't enough to convince a jury then you're forgetting that Near's team actually stole Light's deathnote so they can prove it works as many times as they like. Courts have nothing to do with scientific proof. In England and Wales all you need to do is convince a 12 man jury that, beyond all reasonable doubt, the defendant committed the crime. I assume this is similar in other democratic countries. The issues involved with a prosecution would be more moral based then evidence based. It's been a while but I recall Near at least had links to the CIA if not worked for them directly. If Japan wouldn't prosecute, America would.

That's assuming they don't just kill him secretly. That's certainly not L's way but once LIght is caught and the investigation is over Near might not be able to do anything about that.

Given all the options maybe the end was a cheap and easy way out albeit not surprising; Ryuk did say exactly what would happen when he first met Light.

page 6 of 7 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 158 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.